Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Report: Raiders HC Dennis Allen will return in 2014
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
oakdb36

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

davin fanatic wrote:
Tacos wrote:
So this is just a rumor for now? I won't mind him returning, and think it only fair. However, no amount of money is going to fix his lack of half time adjustments. We're just as bad as we were two years ago, the defense sucks, the offense sucks, the penalties are still high. What has he changed in two years to warrant another?

We can make excuses and cry for continuity but so far the only thing he's done consistently is lose and make mistakes.

He's young, if he's retained he can certainly grow. With another year perhaps the staff will progress as well. I don't think we'll land any good candidates anyway so perhaps it's best to keep him.

I agree with most of this. I think Allen has tried hard but the team has regressed since the start of the season and I felt that the players stopped playing hard in the last month. Our offense is a mess and we we're still undisciplined and often penalized. Our defense, which is Allen's strongsuit, is a bottom-5 unit.

I think Allen is a nice guy, but I don't think he brings much to the table. Sure, we've been handcuffed by a depleted roster, but the team still lacks an identity and nothing that Allen's done or said has hinted at his vision for the team. I can see us getting back to 8-8 under his watch, but he just doesn't seem to have "it". I'd rather have the Raiders cut ties sooner than later.

Exactly. Nobody expected the Raiders to win a ton of games but they finished the year on a downward spiral. I'm very doubtful Allen will last long in Oakland.
RaiderX

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to read that a lot of outsiders somewhat understand the state of the franchise. The majority of Raider fans won't give him a chance. Lack of talent, money, draft picks were just some of the things he dealt with.

Posters can bring up how poorly the team, mainly the defense, finished but it became obvious they had no real threat/playmaker. Tarver's scheme worked great early on, but when teams caught on, they had to temper the blitzing and had nobody to get after the QB when rushing 4.

They found some guys to keep and some to let walk. They can resign the key FAs and bring talent in. The drafting has to be better and that falls more on Reggie.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same reason Gus Bradley shouldnt be fired, the team was horrible and won more games than expected this yr, lets see what the draft and FA brings for them and the expectations will increase

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Same reason Gus Bradley shouldnt be fired, the team was horrible and won more games than expected this yr, lets see what the draft and FA brings for them and the expectations will increase

I personally thought the Raiders were a 4-7 win team. Not that it matters, but I thought it was odd seeing all the "experts" and posters around FF clowning like 2 wins was an accomplishment for the team.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: