Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

One round to rule them all (MOCK)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Forge

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
Forge wrote:
Highly doubtful that the 49ers trade out of round one. We already have the most picks in this draft I believe, and we have the good sort of firepower to boot; 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 4, 4 (projected comp for Goldson). I could maybe see us moving out of the first for a first the following year from a bad team, but I think that's highly unlikely. We definitely shouldn't be moving out of the first for a high second though; people forget the advantage of taking a guy in the first as opposed to the second - you get that extra year on the rookie contract. Its a little foolhardy to move out of the first into the early second unless you're robbing someone blind. If anything, we are probably going to trade up into round one, probably into the late teens early 20's similar to what we did last year.

i personally dont think theres any way of knowing what we would do. if theres a guy we like and we expect him to last to around 30 but he gets taken early at like 15, similar to irvin. then why not trade back if all the next guys we like are in a bunch. just because we have a lot of picks doesnt mean that we are going to trade up. its ammo sure, but it could also be used in other ways. like getting young guys and maybe iring them. we have a lot of contracts coming up and balke knows we need a lot of young guys to fill in soon.

also this "advantage" youre talking about isnt always as such. look at jenkins. that advantage was a disadvantage and we eneded up trading him for nobody so that we could get that last year off.

but if were trading back. would be cool to know for what and who we get in the second.
just my opinion doh. we all have them

Pretty sure that when you're looking at drafting a guy and looking at the potential contract, you're not considering him busting. Or you shouldn't be at least. Wrong way to look at things to me. But more to the point, having a guy bust at the #30 pick, at least to me, is better than drafting a guy at #33, having him go elite, and not getting that extra year on the rookie deal. Though I completely understand your point, and acquiesce to it's validity. I would say, however, that Baalke's history in regards to the first round is somewhat of an indication of what we would do in the first round; he has never traded back, only up. He has traded back in other rounds, but never in the first.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ehh too high for Ford IMO. Hageman or Donald should be the pick.

Driver of the Brad Kaaya Hype Train
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
NYGCRUZ80

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The giants arent gonna take an Olinemen this year since they went OT first round last year plus our problem at Oline need veteran help not someone with no experience
i exepect us to go either mosley or gilbert 1st then get a G like richardson next round
FalconFan13

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the Falcons pick no problem there from me.

1st this year 3rd this year 3rd next year if anyone wants it for Clowney though Razz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: