Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Offseason & Draft (1 round) V.1
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2014 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JagsFanInNY

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one issue and that is Greg Hardy. It is not so much that I do not like him or do not think he would help the Jaguars. My issue is that the Jaguars, despite a load of cap space, seem unlikely to spend a load of money on a very high profile FA. I mean, I figure Hardy will get 'franchise tag $$' which for a DE basically means he will get somewhere in the $12 million/year category. I am not sure that fits right now with a team that is really just looking to build up their roster through the draft and strategic free agent moves.
thugurnaught

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A- Lions get no free agents in this so i cant use that to eliminate needs.

B- yes, The Lions will probably pick up a corner at some point this offseason, but they have a TON of young potential. If the season startred today, four of their five CBs would be third year or under. I expect them to go after a vet, like Graham.

C- The Lions LOVE to go BPA in the first round, regardless of need. Not counting the Stafford and Suh picks, here are the Lions first picks

2009- Pettigrew- consensus number one tight end
2010- Best- Was the best player on the board
2011- Fairly- We ad Suh and Williams, wasnt a pressing need
2012- Reiff- Was a need but he sat on the bench most of his rookie year, was easily BPA
2013 - Ansah - Best.guy availabe.

So for 2014 we will probably do the same thing under Martin. So Dont try to look at needs. Other than a QB the Lions will strike at talent. If thats a DE, TE, WR, OT, LB, whatever, it'll most likely be the pick. Barr or HaHa are better players.

Lions Board Draft Quiz Champion 2011
Smack with the amazing sig props!
AAL- Tony Scheffler- Swashbuckling the Competition!
1 Rush - 5 Yards 1 Rec, 11 Yards, 1 TD
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I hate losing Mjohnson, it seems inevitable. keeping Collins is important. I wouldn't mind taking a stab at McFadden on the right deal and cutting BJGE.
Jason_Bengal_Fl

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
While I hate losing Mjohnson, it seems inevitable. keeping Collins is important. I wouldn't mind taking a stab at McFadden on the right deal and cutting BJGE.

I would not cut BJGE based on signing DMC, they are different style backs.
FalconFan13

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply and thought out post on my long rant Very Happy Also good find on the gritty and tough thing as i personally haven't seen that article myself yet so i apologize on that one i was def. wrong there. Although as you said semantrics on what we would both think that would mean. I would think more so a hard working strong big man with talent that don't get pushed around. Which i agree in those 2 guys younger days you would have nailed it on that lol. Now their both ok but not what they use to be and anything much more than we already have. I think thats the only problem i have with it is we are bringing in the same thing we already have in babs and osi. Talented but less productive older guys so to me it's like just being a wash and were standing still yet were replacing younger guys with older guys with less production than our guys last year.

Still in all i look forward to the version 2 of this. and i could see something like this for the Falcons allowing me to be ok with Matthews pick.

FA
DE/LB - Orakpo/Houston/Hardy/Worilds/Johnson/Bennett in FA for DE prefer the 1st 3 though and with 30+ mil we got money for them Very Happy

RG - Saffold, Schwartz, Collon, Asamoah Vet RG def. helps the young center and young RT.

or if we go a DE in 1st round then go a vet RT with a rookie RG in 2nd round.

Throw me a solid DT in there like Joseph, Starks, Melton, Raji, Solai, Vance Walker

Then if we let decoud go i would think a upgrade is coming at that position.

Only way i see Decoud being let go is if we pick up 1 of Byrd, Ward, Collins, or Delmas imo. A younger guy with better upside than Decoud.
playboi24

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Texans pick. Love the thought you put into the whole thing. Great job.
NYGCRUZ80

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the finley signing and beason resigning
i believe linval joseph will also resign and we wont have to sign Raji
I also think we can sign G jon amosah if he is let go
Draft wise im feeling Gilbert or Mosley

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2014 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: