Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Mock #9: 3 Rounds w/ trades
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ctpatsfan77


Joined: 19 Nov 2007
Posts: 2485
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:22 pm    Post subject: Re: 2014 Mock #9: 3 Rounds w/ trades Reply with quote

JagsFanInNY wrote:
m haynes wrote:

Nice job however not for the Pats.
1st pick Aaron Donald DT Pittsburgh 285 lbs gap shooter, to small for scheme. Great player wrong fit.

The trade, well, the TV goes out the window. If the Pats have to spend a high pick and trade picks to cover TE just in case. That IMO is no way you draft.


Donald -- you talk that one over with the Pats fans I have seen who desperately want Donald with the first round pick.

Amaro -- This is not a 'just in case' trade, although certainly if Gronk ends up missing time, this trade looks all the better in retrospect. Brady excels when he has 2 TEs in the lineup that can catch the ball and make plays. Brady is going to be a 37 year old QB Week 1. The question is whether you want to have another year of 'patchwork' or whether you want the team to make an aggressive move to milk Brady for every last playoff run you can get out of him. Personally, if I was a Patriots fan, I would go for the aggressive move to milk Brady for the playoff runs. I guess you feel otherwise.


The Patriots actually have a mission statement that says their goal is to "consistently compete for championships." I'm not saying this is such a move, but the Patriots will not sacrifice the future to win in the present. Even when they "loaded up" in 2007, there weren't any astronomical deals.

I would not be displeased with this draft.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Danish49ers


Joined: 27 Sep 2005
Posts: 957
Location: Denmark
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So all of a sudden Jimmy Ward is a 1. round pick... I like him but just not that early...

The trades make sense, and I like the players the 9ers end up with.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
JagsFanInNY


Joined: 25 Feb 2013
Posts: 1389
Location: Brooklyn, NY
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danish49ers wrote:
So all of a sudden Jimmy Ward is a 1. round pick... I like him but just not that early...

The trades make sense, and I like the players the 9ers end up with.


define 'all of a sudden' for me please! To be honest, he has always been more of an early 2nd rounder to me, but the way the draft fell with the top 4 CBs gone and none of the WRs presenting value there, Ward was probably the best pick to me, all things considered
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
holeman1


Joined: 01 Feb 2014
Posts: 846
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:42 pm    Post subject: Cards picks Reply with quote

The cardinals draft looks very fine, wouldn't change it a bit, good job
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JagsFanInNY


Joined: 25 Feb 2013
Posts: 1389
Location: Brooklyn, NY
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Cards picks Reply with quote

holeman1 wrote:
The cardinals draft looks very fine, wouldn't change it a bit, good job
Thank you, but it probably will change as I continue to tinker around with trades and different teams making different picks based on different strategies and free agent signings.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
m haynes


Joined: 29 Jan 2011
Posts: 813
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:26 am    Post subject: Re: 2014 Mock #9: 3 Rounds w/ trades Reply with quote

JagsFanInNY wrote:
m haynes wrote:

Nice job however not for the Pats.
1st pick Aaron Donald DT Pittsburgh 285 lbs gap shooter, to small for scheme. Great player wrong fit.

The trade, well, the TV goes out the window. If the Pats have to spend a high pick and trade picks to cover TE just in case. That IMO is no way you draft.


Donald -- you talk that one over with the Pats fans I have seen who desperately want Donald with the first round pick.

Amaro -- This is not a 'just in case' trade, although certainly if Gronk ends up missing time, this trade looks all the better in retrospect. Brady excels when he has 2 TEs in the lineup that can catch the ball and make plays. Brady is going to be a 37 year old QB Week 1. The question is whether you want to have another year of 'patchwork' or whether you want the team to make an aggressive move to milk Brady for every last playoff run you can get out of him. Personally, if I was a Patriots fan, I would go for the aggressive move to milk Brady for the playoff runs. I guess you feel otherwise.


Tuitt seem to be the better choice. " Milk Bradys run", you better get a center first or he going to get killed, our center stunk.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
101Raider


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 2465
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a great Raiders draft to be honest. Not a Manziel, Murphy or Richardson fan to be honest lol
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SpoonFed56


Joined: 11 Jan 2013
Posts: 1823
Location: GA
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FalconFan13 wrote:
So we keep our 3rd this year give them 5th round pick + 2nd next year for their 2nd round pick that would be pretty sweet and i would take it for sure we need more picks this year to rebuild depth we have alot of needs so that works out for us.

Also i love both guards they are actually 2 of my 3 favorite guards in the draft but i think i might lean a little toward Jackson mostly because as Miller said he is that nasty run grading Mauler our o-line lacks. We are mostly built small and technical and when we lose harvey dahl that nasty RG mauler it got way worse.

Then the draft of Mack + Hageman + Jackson + Niklas = A+


Mack, Hageman, Jackson would be HUGE for us... would be a grand-slam. Not a fan of Niklas in the 3rd tho.. just don't think we should waste a third rounder on a TE... give me another pass rusher, DB, or OL...
_________________

#FreeToddGurley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pruitt3443


Joined: 29 Dec 2011
Posts: 475
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the Browns I am not a big fan of trading up as I truly think they do not have any of the QBs as a "must have" so they will sit and wait and get a guy they like at 4 without giving anything up.

I think Bridgewater is the "safest" pick of the 3 QBs with a higher floor but lower ceiling. I think Bortles and Manziel both could be boom or bust type guys. If they work out could be top 10 QBs maybe even elite. I think Bridgewater will be a very solid and good starting QB in the NFL bt do not see him having an elite type career. I think the Browns stand pat and pick the one that falls to them.

I think I would prefer one of the top guards with the second rounder or even the second 1st rounder and we would leave Schwartz where he is at RT. If we do not make the trade then we can use the second rouder on the top available WR instead of settling for an average WR prospect in round 3.

They might be willing to trade Weeden to the Rams, though there is no need for them to send anything back in return.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BillsGuy82


Joined: 16 Jan 2007
Posts: 9512
Location: Niagara Falls
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it for the Bills
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Mastercheddaar


Joined: 14 Dec 2006
Posts: 5013
Location: Northeast Ohio.. Obviously
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:15 pm    Post subject: hmmm Reply with quote

For Cleveland - Securing your guy is important and all but I am not star struck with any of the big 3 Qbs this year. That being said, I like Bridgewater, Manziel, Bortles, Watkins or Clowney at #4. One of those five will be there so I don't see the reason to move up.

that is all

Mastercheddaar
_________________
For those that don't know:
NFL - AFC Browns, NFC Eagles
Basket Ball - Cavs
Baseball - Indians/Yankees.
CF - Ohio State and Wake Forest
Women - Brunettes with Blue eyes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oldman9er


Joined: 24 Oct 2006
Posts: 40145
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
30. SF: Jimmie Ward SS Northern Illinois
47. **SF: Travis Swanson C Arkansas
61. SF: Stanley Jean-Baptiste CB Nebraska
77. SF: Martavis Bryant WR Clemson
94. SF: David Fales QB San Jose State


Love the 1st pick... not a fan of trading up for Swanson, but so far, could live with it. Not a big fan of SJB or Fales there, but could live with it. I am skeptical of Bryant there, but his size/speed is intriguing enough for hope.



Quote:
23. KC: Marcus Roberson CB Florida
87. KC: Mike Davis WR Texas


Head-scratching reach for the CB here. I like Davis just enough in rd 3 to be okay with that one.


_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JagsFanInNY


Joined: 25 Feb 2013
Posts: 1389
Location: Brooklyn, NY
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
Quote:
30. SF: Jimmie Ward SS Northern Illinois
47. **SF: Travis Swanson C Arkansas
61. SF: Stanley Jean-Baptiste CB Nebraska
77. SF: Martavis Bryant WR Clemson
94. SF: David Fales QB San Jose State


Love the 1st pick... not a fan of trading up for Swanson, but so far, could live with it. Not a big fan of SJB or Fales there, but could live with it. I am skeptical of Bryant there, but his size/speed is intriguing enough for hope.



Quote:
23. KC: Marcus Roberson CB Florida
87. KC: Mike Davis WR Texas


Head-scratching reach for the CB here. I like Davis just enough in rd 3 to be okay with that one.



The draft falls pretty terrible for KC in Round 1 and frankly I just double checked how the draft plays out and in my opinion there is not better player to take at the pick. Other the Jason Verrett who I think is the better player but based on the size of the CBs already on KC seems to small for their liking, the only players I see as less of a reach play offensive tackle (which I am not envisioning Andy Reid being too keen on given Eric Fisher at #1 overall last year), Nose Tackle (Dontari Poe 2012), and maybe TE (and in one of my previous mock drafts, someone pointed out Andy does not seem to be too keen on drafting TEs high).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PatriotBeast


Joined: 22 Apr 2012
Posts: 344
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my personal opinion I love Donald
But I dont like Jace Amaro that much to see us trade up and I doubt we trade up all during this draft because there is good talent toget later in the draft
_________________
Patriots Drafting---->😕
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cole416


Joined: 01 Jul 2013
Posts: 1019
Location: Houston, TX
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would riot as a Texans fan...
_________________

Adopt a Texan:

Jadeveon Clowney:
1 GP
----
0 Sacks
1 Tackles
0 TFL
0 INT
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group