You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

IT COULD HAPPEN VOL. V: Trades? We Got Your Stinkin' Trades
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2017 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ScottyBBadd

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael Griffin 16 right now seems like a reach. Ben Grubb over Justin Blalock goes against what I have seen so far.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JJones21

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally i agree with you about grubbs but beekman might be better and also i dont like getting him that early maybe trade down or take a cb

Soup Nazi wrote:
I say Roy will be a good player again next season. You can quote me on that.

I quoted you
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Al Toon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JJones21 wrote:
Personally i agree with you about grubbs but beekman might be better and also i dont like getting him that early maybe trade down or take a cb

I think trading down -- as in out of the first -- makes a ton of sense for the Boys. Unless Levi Brown falls, and he won't, it's tough to see an offensive lineman (or free safety) who will be worth that pick.

But who would trade up? Maybe Minnesota, if they pass on a WR in the first.
Tazman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Al Toon, I don't mind the pick of Brian Leonard for the Eagles but you are taking him a round too early. Iunderstand your reasoning, but tell me the last time a FB went in round 1. Because you know that is what Brian Leonard is. If you really want Leonard as the Eagles first pick, then trade back out of the 1st round and take him in the 35-45 range.

Right now Leonard is not vaulting up the boards as you said. His weight loss at the Senior Bowl confused scouts because he does not have the SPEED to be an everydown back. If anything Leonard might have slipped some.

You said that you are keeping Leonard there until you hear better options from Eagles fans. Well here they are

Timmons OLB
Evert OLB
Aaron Ross CB (fills the 3rd corner and kickoff and punt returner role the Eagles so Desperately need)
steelers43

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also like the trade down for the Steelers and I dont mind the pick you have(C-Kalil). I am though hoping OL-Brown is at 15 and that is who they take.Everybody knows that DE/OLB are deep this year and a good value could be had with their #2 pick.While i'm wishing for Brown might as will hope that RB-Bush falls to the 3rd round.

" The dead know only one thing... It's better to be ALIVE"

"Your Coach is a Cheater, Your Super Bowls are lies, you back-up at Michigan"(Tom Brady) stated by Tosh O
Snake Plissken

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job with the Vikings pick. Somebody finally gets it right!
Al Toon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tazman wrote:
Al Toon, I don't mind the pick of Brian Leonard for the Eagles but you are taking him a round too early. Iunderstand your reasoning, but tell me the last time a FB went in round 1. Because you know that is what Brian Leonard is. If you really want Leonard as the Eagles first pick, then trade back out of the 1st round and take him in the 35-45 range.

Right now Leonard is not vaulting up the boards as you said. His weight loss at the Senior Bowl confused scouts because he does not have the SPEED to be an everydown back. If anything Leonard might have slipped some.

You said that you are keeping Leonard there until you hear better options from Eagles fans. Well here they are

Timmons OLB
Evert OLB
Aaron Ross CB (fills the 3rd corner and kickoff and punt returner role the Eagles so Desperately need)

I get your point. It wasn't a matter of looking at better options in terms of position -- OLB and CB could definitely be the pick -- but rather a matter of one of the most unique players in the draft.

THAT said: I think William Floyd (1994, SF with the 28th pick) was the last first-round fullback.

History:

-- From 1996-99 and 2004, one fullback was taken in the second round each year. The highest: Mike Alstott (35, TB, 1996) and Robert Holcombe (37, St. Louis, 1998)

-- From 2000-03, the highest-ranked FB was taken in the first round.

-- In 2005-06, no fullback was taken until the fifth round, showing how the position has been devalued.

So I definitely get what you're saying. The question is how special is Leonard that he should buck history.
Eagles27

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:59 am    Post subject: Re: IT COULD HAPPEN VOL. V: Trades? We Got Your Stinkin' Tra Reply with quote

Quote:
26. PHILADELPHIA EAGLES: Brian Leonard, FB, Rutgers. This is the second mock Iíve had with this pick. Iím going to leave here until I get a better consensus from Eagle fans. My thinking is Philly would have a fully weaponized backfield if Leonard was teamed with Westbrook. (Definitely would like to see comments on this.)

Are you kidding?

We will not draft a first round RB, especially someone who is probaly going to be a FB. We need the BPA at S, CB,DE.

#JDI
tdfast

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't see Oakland turning to Carr. Much more likely they'd bring in someone like Garcia. Worst possible 1,2 picks if you're Tampa. I'd like them to go with Quinn if we miss on CJ and Thomas. I think the DE's are so close together we could get a guy in the 2nd that would have as much potential as anyone gone before him.
BirdsFan06050

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HORRIBLE EAGLES PICK!!!!!!
Al Toon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BirdsFan06050 wrote:
HORRIBLE EAGLES PICK!!!!!!

He's not the best colorman in the league for nothing, folks!
-- Harry Doyle, ``Major League.''

If you can't bring something better than that, don't bother. Look at above postings.
spush

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Steel Blitz"]Love the trade by the Steelers, but hate the pick. Too early for Kalil, he's not nearly as good as Mangold and Mangold went 29. I would hope the Steelers would go with one of the 3-4 convertable DE's as there is a wealth of them in the first round this year. By the way, you forgot to add in Gaines Adams somewhere.[/quote]

Not many centers go in round 1. Or fullbacks for that matter, Brian Leonard? I cant remember off the top of my head that Philly didnt draft O/D line. 70/30 pass to run with healthy McNabb means no RB day 1 for Philly. But I like the Quinn to Carolina thing, I've been putting that in my mocks as well. But I think he'll slide to the mid teens.
GRADEN

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when do FBs go in the 1st???
Al Toon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GRADEN wrote:
when do FBs go in the 1st???

See above

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2017 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: