You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Good Mock with explanations...Let me know what you think
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2017 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neel25

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snake Plissken wrote:
Bad Vikings Pick. AP, Landry, Nelson, or even Jarrett would be much better picks. Why take over-rated Ginn at 7 when they can get similar value at 39?

Alright well the more I think about it, and the more I'm getting criticized for this pick, I guess maybe Ginn wasn't the best pick for the Vikes and I had him a little over-rated. If I were to re-do I would probably go LaRon Landry or Reggie Nelson to help out the secondary. I don't agree that Jarrett is a better pick than Ginn, though, but maybe that's just me.
Navycrazy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad Cardinals Pick. The Cards are set on DT's. They have Dockett, Clancy, Watson, and Lewis. Who all did a good job last season. Where the Cards are lacking on the Dline is DE. Berry is hurt all of the time and Okeafor is decent but not great. If Thomas is off the Board then one of the DE's would be a better pick for the Cards.
Snake Plissken

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neel25 wrote:
Snake Plissken wrote:
Bad Vikings Pick. AP, Landry, Nelson, or even Jarrett would be much better picks. Why take over-rated Ginn at 7 when they can get similar value at 39?

Alright well the more I think about it, and the more I'm getting criticized for this pick, I guess maybe Ginn wasn't the best pick for the Vikes and I had him a little over-rated. If I were to re-do I would probably go LaRon Landry or Reggie Nelson to help out the secondary. I don't agree that Jarrett is a better pick than Ginn, though, but maybe that's just me.

I really wouldn't want Jarret at 7 either, but he would be a better fit for the Vikings opposite Troy Williamson.
Pegger

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Good Mock with explanations...Let me know what you think Reply with quote

Quote:
3 Cle- Brady Quinn QB- He's from Ohio, and seems to want to play in Cleveland, so this pick has to be Quinn if he is still on the board. They could definitely use Peterson as well, but I don't see them letting Quinn slip by them.
With this being a make or break year for Romeo he will need someone that can make an impact this year. I don't see them going with a QB that early when there are so many players out there that can do more right away.
Quote:
7 Min- Ted Ginn Jr. WR- This was a tough team to decide upon. Almost went with Anderson here, but they have wasted a lot of first rounders on DE's the past handful of drafts, and they might not want to risk it again. Ginn has incredible upside, and if he lives up to the hype he would be an incredible offensive weapon.
Huge reach. I'd say Ginn has a better chance of falling the second than he does being a top 10 pick.
Quote:
18 Cin- Charles Johnson DE- With the David Pollack situation, the Bengals have been left with a hole at DE, and Charles Johnson showed excellent skills this past season, easily outplaying teammate and formerly highly touted Quentin Moses.
I'm not sold on him being a first rounder. Just my opinion.
Quote:
19 Ten- Dwayne Jarrett WR- They need to get VY some more weapons, and Jarrett is a good one.
Titan fans would be very happy with this move.
Quote:
20 NYG- Daymeighon Hughes CB- They could really use a RB, and could definitely trade up to get Lynch, but corner is a big need as well, and Hughes has shot up after the Senior Bowl.
I know this is another opinion type comment but Revis is really looking good. I think we just value these players differently.
Quote:
23 KC- Tony Ugoh OT- This is a bit of a reach, but they need an OT really badly, and Ugoh is the top guy on the board.
They are really reaching for a T when they have other needs. I'd look for a WR/CB/S/DT here.
Quote:
26 Phi- Patrick Willis LB- Jeremiah Trotter isn't getting any younger, that's for sure, and Willis could learn for a year behind Trotter and step in next season and be a star immediately.
I may have been critical on some of your earlier moves, but if it helps the Eagles get Willis I'm all for them. The fact that Griffin is still available is a bit tough to pass up. It would give Eagle fans a 'kid in a candy store' type feeling.
Quote:
30 SD- Michael Griffin S- The Charges look pretty set across the board, but safety is the only area that looks worrisome to me. Griffin isn't going to be a star safety, but he is already better than the guys the Chargers have now.
If he fell to SD this late it would be the steal of the draft.
Quote:
31 Chi- Greg Olsen TE- After dropping those passes in the Super Bowl, the Bears are definitely going to look for a replacement for Dez Clark. Olsen is another in the long line of TE's to come out of the U.
IMO Miller is better. I do think the Bears could be the first team going TE thought.
Quote:
32 Ind- Buster Davis LB- Dungy has never shied away from undersized LB's who know how to play, and that basically personifies Davis, who is a solid hitter and smart player.
I think they will go OLB, just because they will probably be loosing June and Morris (Both their starting OLBs), while Brackett is still under contract.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2017 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: