You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My first round mock with 3 great trades!!!!!! 3rd Edition!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2017 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jrschenk

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:02 pm    Post subject: My first round mock with 3 great trades!!!!!! 3rd Edition! Reply with quote

Trades:

The Lions Trade the #2 pick to the Cardinals for the #5, #69 picks and J.J. Arrington.

The Bucs trade the #4 pick to the Falcons for the #10, #44 and 5th round picks.

The Redskins trade the #6 pick to the Panthers for the #14 and #45 picks.

Pick Team Player School Position

1 Raiders JaMarcus Russell LSU QB Biggest arm in the draft

2 Cardinals Joe Thomas Wisconsin OT Cardinals make sure they get their OT in Thomas.

3 Browns Adrian Peterson Oklahoma RB Complete the young offense of Edwards, Frye and Winslow

4 Falcons Calvin Johnson Georgia Tech WR The Falcons need to improve their secondary but get an opportunity to get the best player in the draft and give Vick a target to throw to besides Crumpler.

5 Lions Jamaal Anderson Arkansas DE They trade down to get more picks to fill their many voids, and get some security for Kevin Jones.

6 Panthers Brady Quinn Notre Dame QB The panthers give up some valuable picks to get Quinn and solve their questionable QB situation.

7 Vikings Dwyane Jarrett USC WR Need to give T. Jackson a big target

8 Texans LaRon Landry LSU S Texans improve their secondary.

9 Dolphins Levi Brown Penn State OT A bit of a reach here but the dolphins cannot win with Damion McIntosh starting at LT, so they fill their biggest need with Quinn off the board.

10 Bucs Alan Branch Michigan DE. They trade down and fill one of their biggest needs.

11 49ers Reggie Nelson Florida S Perfect fit for the D

12 Bills Ted Ginn Jr Ohio State WR With Levi Brown gone they take the best player to fill their #2 need.

13 Rams Amobi Akoye Louisville DT They missed Pickett much more then they could have imagined, and take Akoye in a heartbeat.

14 Redskins Gaines Adams Clemson DE Get a consistant pass rusher with Adams. They probably could have taken adams at #6, and get a steal by having him fall to them at 14 while gaining an extra pick.

15 Steelers Patrick Willis ILB

16 Packers Marshawn Lynch California RB If lynch falls to them, they take him. If not they probably go CB.

17 Jaguars Lawrence Timmons Florida St. OLB

18 Bengals DeMarcus Tyler NC State DT They temporarily filled the void with Sam Adams, but fill it more permanantly with Tyler.

19 Titans Robert Meacham Tennessee WR

20 Giants Darrelle Revis, cornerback, Pittsburgh With no suitable DT available, they fill their next biggest hole.

21 Broncos Charles Johnson Georgia DE

22 Patriots Leon Hall Michigan CB

23 Cowboys Tony Ugoh Arkansas OT

24 Chiefs Dwayne Bowe LSU WR

25 Saints Aaron Ross Texas CB

26 Jets Adam Carriker Nebraska DE

27 Eagles Lamarr Woodley Michigan DE

28 Patriots Paul Posluszny Penn State OLB

29 Ravens Justin Blalock Texas OG

30 Chargers Sidney Rice South Carolina WR

31 Bears Greg Olsen Miami-FL TE

32 Colts Quinn Pitcock Ohio State DT
w4rrior723

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good giants pick.. i love Revis.. the best CB in the draft, while CB is our biggest need. good choice
T-Bro

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

none of these trades make any sense, except maybe the falcons one. the lions would never have any need for jj arrington. they have a pretty damn good running back. and the panthers "qb situation" is not so dire that they need to trade all the way up to number six to get brady queer.

do your homework.
vikingschamps

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good vikings pick.

the trade for the bucs is uneven. it would cost the falcons first, second third, and third next year to move up

Cali2Wisco wrote:
Mark my words:Badgers WILL win the Big Ten in 07
Marked

coltsR#1 wrote:
Mark my words......Purdue will beat OSU.
WeaponX20

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the draft order is messed up.. the eagles are after the saints. they have the 26 and the saints have the 27th

Check out my mock draft... feedback please
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=104276

'07 EAGLES SUPERBOWL CHAMPS!!
JETS

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good jets pick
jrschenk

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

T-Bro wrote:
none of these trades make any sense, except maybe the falcons one. the lions would never have any need for jj arrington. they have a pretty damn good running back. and the panthers "qb situation" is not so dire that they need to trade all the way up to number six to get brady queer.

do your homework.

The Lions trade makes sense because Kevin Jones has a serious injury and will need security for him, and JJ provides that without wasting a 1st round pick.

The Panthers QB situation is a priority. Delhomme has 2 years left max if he plays well....Quinn provides the future with some light.
O-Gun93

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrschenk wrote:
T-Bro wrote:

do your homework.

The Lions trade makes sense because Kevin Jones has a serious injury and will need security for him, and JJ provides that without wasting a 1st round pick.

The Panthers QB situation is a priority. Delhomme has 2 years left max if he plays well....Quinn provides the future with some light.

The first thing I thought was the Lions trade is fantastic. It compensates for the Jones Injury and gets an extra first day pick.
mcol126

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really think that the Jags will go Meachem in round 1. I really think that he will run in the upper 4.3s and be the second best receiver in the draft. Although Ginn will probably run in the 4.2s get lots of hype and go way too high. Meachem would be a steal at 17.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

charles johnson okay...but i think carriker makes more sense. he or jarvis moss is okay there. CJ is could but i need to see him at the combine to determine it.

Thanks, Tzimisce
tdfast

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the worst idea for the Bucs I've ever seen. Why would we give up the best player in the draft to a divsion rival, and for just a 2nd and a 5th? Branch is a DT, not a DE which is not our biggest need.
KCALLTHEWAY

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Chiefs pick, but you have the wrong order, the Chiefs pick 23rd. SEA pick is after ours (which goes to NE)

^^art by ryknowssd
Kansas City War Room
BrettWolfe

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gaines Adams should definitly be Miami's pick

Dolphins Fan

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2017 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: