Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dion Jordan Trade Ideas
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skatewood2

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:12 pm    Post subject: Dion Jordan Trade Ideas Reply with quote

Ok, so that was just to get everyone talking but here is what I was thinking this morning:

If the Eagles were to offer their 1st, a 4th or 5th, and the DE that they have been talking about then I think I would jump all over it.

Imagine what we can do with two first rounders this year:

- OT and OG with a LB in the 2nd

- LB and OT with an OG in the 2nd

- LB and OG with an OT in the 2nd

- Trade up for one of the top OT's

- DT and OT/OG/LB in the 1st

So many options to help this team out. We can significantley upgrade our O-Line and LB corps which were the worst two groups last year.

Now I agree, I hate to lose a potential premier LB/DE in Dion Jordan. But we do still have Cam Wake and Jordan was fighting for PT last year and not getting on the field much. What if that was the case again this season and he sits for most of the snaps when we could fix our two biggest problems on this team.

NFL - Miami Dolphins
College - THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
xXxHOUSEDxXx

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I just had a heart attack...I need a nap

AIM/Steam/XBL: ChosenOne3188
Kaiowas05

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we paid him 14 mil in one year (signing bonus) we'd be burning cash.
Belfast Trojans #32 Shamrock Bowl winner 2012 and 2013
EFAF Atlantic Cup Winner 2013
green4gulf

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't have a problem making that trade. As long as there is a 1st round pick involved and not a swap then I'm all ears for offers for ANY player. We have very good depth at DT and DE.........at least for the next year or two.

I don't forsee any worthy trade offers big enough to get Jordan away from us this season actually being successful though.
bpastermack

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What if it was Brandon Graham, Evan Mathis and their 1st for Jordan?

Then we could use our 3rd round pick to move up and select Aaron Donald. Take Morgan Moses RT at 22 and Shane Skov ILB in the second.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:

Then we could use our 3rd round pick to move up and select Aaron Donald. Take Morgan Moses RT at 22 and Shane Skov ILB in the second.

I'm not saying I wouldn't want Aaron Donald as a Dolphin, but I'm 51% sure that if Jupiter got too close to the Earth and caused a tidal wave apocalypse which gave us a chance at drafting Aaron Donald.........our FO would pass on him and draft someone else LOL.
Dolphinemidget

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LIES!!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:

How about no....

Skov has limited athletic ability

Aaron Donald would be about the same as Dion Jordan last season....fighting for playing time...

Moses at 22....inconsistent and slow feet...

Why do you hate the Dolphins?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
bpastermack wrote:

How about no....

Aaron Donald would be about the same as Dion Jordan last season....fighting for playing time...

INFIDEL!

I like Moses!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maddogg wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
bpastermack wrote:

How about no....

INFIDEL!

I like Moses!

As do I, but not in the first....desperate GMs will do as Desperate GM have always done and reach for a player at a need position...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
bpastermack wrote:

How about no....

I have watched a LOT of film on those players and we have wildly different opinions on them. In my opinion...

Donald is a top 5 player in this draft. Future hall of famer if he stays healthy. Better than any DT prospect since Suh.

Morgan Moses is the third best Offensive lineman in this draft. He does NOT have slow feet. His feet are fairly quick. His length is elite, and so is his punch. He already excels in a ZBS and is incredible on stretch plays and at the second level, while keeping a clean pocket for his QB. I like him better than Lewan or Martin.

Skov is the best ILB in this draft. Granted it's a weak ILB class, but the guy has elite instincts and is really smart. Sure he doesn't have elite athleticism, but he is faster than a 2 down LB like Borland or Spikes

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
bpastermack wrote:

How about no....

I have watched a LOT of film on those players and we have wildly different opinions on them. In my opinion...

Donald is a top 5 player in this draft. Future hall of famer if he stays healthy. Better than any DT prospect since Suh.

Morgan Moses is the third best Offensive lineman in this draft. He does NOT have slow feet. His feet are fairly quick. His length is elite, and so is his punch. He already excels in a ZBS and is incredible on stretch plays and at the second level, while keeping a clean pocket for his QB. I like him better than Lewan or Martin.

Skov is the best ILB in this draft. Granted it's a weak ILB class, but the guy has elite instincts and is really smart. Sure he doesn't have elite athleticism, but he is faster than a 2 down LB like Borland or Spikes

Skov as the best ILB in the draft....what are you smoking?

Moses as the 3rd best lineman.....it must be good stuff...

Donald....I'll agree he is a top 5 player in this draft....Jordan was a top 5 player in last years draft...the problem is he would be in a rotation with Odrick and Starks as he isn't going to play over the center.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
bpastermack wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
bpastermack wrote:

How about no....

Skov as the best ILB in the draft....what are you smoking?

Moses as the 3rd best lineman.....it must be good stuff...

Donald....I'll agree he is a top 5 player in this draft....Jordan was a top 5 player in last years draft...the problem is he would be in a rotation with Odrick and Starks as he isn't going to play over the center.

Just because my opinions on players is different from the average Mock drafter doesn't mean I am smoking anything. If all my opinions were exactly the same as those guys, then that would be a problem. Remember when Kyle Long was a low second round pick before the draft started? Then the Bears "reached" for him in the first round and shocked everybody. He ended up being one of the best O-lineman from the draft last year. They had a conviction about a player, and for all we know he never would have made it out of the first round even if the Bears passed on him.

ALL DT's rotate. It's what they do. That's why you need 3 really good ones to have an elite D line. Same goes for DE's. Wake didn't play almost every snap last year, or most years for that matter.

As for Skov, we just agree to disagree. I see nothing special about Mosley. Nothing at all. He is solid, and I wouldn't hate having him on our team, but he has limitations too. For my money, I would rather have Skov.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChosenOne3188 wrote:
I think I just had a heart attack...I need a nap

i was like YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: