Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Titan's Team Needs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JerseyTitan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:36 pm    Post subject: Titan's Team Needs Reply with quote

according to Rotoworld:

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/46838/71/nfl-draft-needs-titans

Are they serious? I threw up a little after I saw Need #1...
Justin615$

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am okay with that because I do consider QB a pretty big need. They do say on there that we will be running a two gap defense and that is just wrong.

2014 Adopt-A-Titan
1. Michael Griffin : 101 TKLS, 3 SACKS, 2 INTS, 4 PDEF
2. Mike Martin : 12 TKLS, 0 SACKS
Chocolateman78

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin615$ wrote:
I am okay with that because I do consider QB a pretty big need. They do say on there that we will be running a two gap defense and that is just wrong.

Two things...

QB is still a need because its the most important position in the game and Locker hasn't proved he can stay healthy or be consistent.

The article said "Horton has historically favored a two-gap scheme" Which is true considering he is from the Lebeau coaching tree, who is one of the games pioneers of the two gap 3-4 defense.

**RIP Steve McNair**
Justin615$

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chocolateman78 wrote:
Justin615$ wrote:

Two things...

QB is still a need because its the most important position in the game and Locker hasn't proved he can stay healthy or be consistent.

The article said "Horton has historically favored a two-gap scheme" Which is true considering he is from the Lebeau coaching tree, who is one of the games pioneers of the two gap 3-4 defense.

They are implying that is what he will run here and he has stated from his own mouth that we will not be running two gap.

2014 Adopt-A-Titan
Chocolateman78

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin615$ wrote:
Chocolateman78 wrote:
Justin615$ wrote:

Two things...

They are implying that is what he will run here and he has stated from his own mouth that we will not be running two gap.

I take everything any coach says in the off season says with a grain of salt. They're not in the business of telling you the truth. Williams, Grey, Cecil and Schwartz have all made proclamations about the defense in the offseason, that turned out not to be so true once the season started or by mid season.

I think our defense will have some two gap tendencies, mainly because I don't see how you can run a pure one gap defense and have Zach Brown and Wesley Woodyard consistently hold up in the A and B holes as inside LBs. They are both pretty poor at taking on blocks. ZB and Woodyard both play their best ball when they can fly to the ball carrier with minimal resistance. I believe they'll encounter more of that if the guys in front of them are one gaping

I think the whole one gap thing really only applies to Casey. I feel like the NT and opposite DE will be asked to two gap more. In fact that probably what they mean by "hybrid defense". that they will incorporate both one gap and two gap principles

**RIP Steve McNair**
Dionysus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:33 pm    Post subject: QUESTION... Reply with quote

I need to know something. I need to know exactly what type of coach is Whiz. Although I know some of his track record, I've never really followed career or got too familiar with his philosophy. I know he's an offensive minded coach and all that, but what type of offense does he like to run mostly? Is he run-first, pass-first, balanced, etc.? Is he into smashmouth power running, deepball passing, heavy TE sets, etc.? What are his biggest pros and cons as a coach, in your opinion? I'm just trying to get a better idea than what I have.
deeluxx3

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:10 pm    Post subject: Re: QUESTION... Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:
I need to know something. I need to know exactly what type of coach is Whiz. Although I know some of his track record, I've never really followed career or got too familiar with his philosophy. I know he's an offensive minded coach and all that, but what type of offense does he like to run mostly? Is he run-first, pass-first, balanced, etc.? Is he into smashmouth power running, deepball passing, heavy TE sets, etc.? What are his biggest pros and cons as a coach, in your opinion? I'm just trying to get a better idea than what I have.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=540211

this may help

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time
Justin615$

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:14 pm    Post subject: Re: QUESTION... Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:

It is probably best to look back at how the Chargers offense was ran last year. That is what our offense will look like.

2014 Adopt-A-Titan
titansfanatic59

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:50 pm    Post subject: Re: QUESTION... Reply with quote

Justin615$ wrote:
Dionysus wrote:

It is probably best to look back at how the Chargers offense was ran last year. That is what our offense will look like.

See i don't know about it being that simple, i expect a basic offense with a few gadget plays, think 07 with norm chow :/ at least at first, i can't see our team being this new era spread and gun kind of offense, or even as potent as the chargers were because we don't have the qb to do it. I think he will make Jake Locker into a game manager. Maybe 2 TE sets if we can grab one of the top 3 in the draft. again its all speculation but thats just my take.

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything that has to do with norm chow should never be tried again in the NFL

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time
Chocolateman78

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:44 pm    Post subject: Re: QUESTION... Reply with quote

titansfanatic59 wrote:
Justin615$ wrote:
Dionysus wrote:

See i don't know about it being that simple, i expect a basic offense with a few gadget plays, think 07 with norm chow :/ at least at first, i can't see our team being this new era spread and gun kind of offense, or even as potent as the chargers were because we don't have the qb to do it. I think he will make Jake Locker into a game manager. Maybe 2 TE sets if we can grab one of the top 3 in the draft. again its all speculation but thats just my take.

No its going to be the Charger's offense from last year. The whole point is to develop Locker, or a new QB, into the type of QB who can make that offense potent. One of the main reasons for signing Clipboard Jesus is that he can help teach the offense he learned under Whiz last year in San Diego.

And don't forget that Phillip Rivers was a mess before Whiz got there.

**RIP Steve McNair**
SerenityNow

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Teddy I've made this well known leading up to the draft, and I was just thinking how perfect he actually is to run Whisenhunt's offense. Forget about the fact that he doesn't fit the prototypical size that Whiz looks for. As far as Whiz wanting an accurate QB that is advanced in reading a defense, Teddy is the cream of the crop in those two areas in this draft class. I think I've prepared myself to the point where if we pass on him I'd live with it, but if we actually pulled the trigger and drafted him I don't think my level of excitement could be measured. If he got drafted by Jacksonville or Houston I'd be really upset though.

Credit to Sandwich for the signature!
2014 Adopt-A-Titan: Delanie Walker & Taylor Lewan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: