Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Free Agency Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51, 52  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
GmenSeattle


Moderator
Joined: 19 Jan 2009
Posts: 10145
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So...why do so many people want Finley on the Giants? In all honesty I'd rather have Ebron over Finley. We don't need MORE guys with fused vertebra on our team...
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bballbkd1001


Joined: 04 Feb 2009
Posts: 3967
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:
So...why do so many people want Finley on the Giants? In all honesty I'd rather have Ebron over Finley. We don't need MORE guys with fused vertebra on our team...


You know what youre getting from finley when hes healthy. A talented, still young tight end who would be cheap and most importantly, has succeeded in a system mcadoo would install. And when you grab him, you always still have a first round pick available to go mike evans or aaron donald.

Id be uber happy if we landed ebron but I think donald is such a special talent. He wouldn't last past the bears
_________________


^^^ Huge props Rase on the Sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NYGCRUZ80


Joined: 02 Jan 2014
Posts: 596
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WiscoBlue21 wrote:
I heard the Dolphins are in conversations with Finley...pretty upset we havent talked to him yet. I would be pretty happy with getting Rice, when he was in Minn he was a dominate WR. Good red zone target

I heard they werent major talks, just some coaches he has connection with i think
They have Clay already, maybe they want to do what they tried last yr with Keller and have clay play FB but clay played well at TE for them
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bucsEST96


Joined: 22 Sep 2009
Posts: 2220
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@ChatNYGiants: Free Agency 2014: Former Vikings DT Kevin Williams meeting with Giants http://t.co/u3vEUxMQSZ #Giants #NFL

@giantsbuzztap: The Blue Screen >> Laron Byrd to work out for Giants Tuesday http://t.co/M3ggeB5y38
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Shockey1979


Joined: 02 Sep 2005
Posts: 21020
Location: RI/MA
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:
So...why do so many people want Finley on the Giants? In all honesty I'd rather have Ebron over Finley. We don't need MORE guys with fused vertebra on our team...


I honestly don't care who it is as long as it's a long term solution. No more 1 year rentals. Eli needs that consistent outlet.
_________________

"A lion roars in the darkness only he holds the key, a light to free me from my burden and grant me life eternally"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gmen1985


Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 1260
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Giants reportedly have interest in Sidney Rice.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/14/sidney-rice-gets-clearance-could-sign-soon/
_________________


Thanks to Rase for the sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Shockey1979


Joined: 02 Sep 2005
Posts: 21020
Location: RI/MA
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen1985 wrote:
Giants reportedly have interest in Sidney Rice.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/14/sidney-rice-gets-clearance-could-sign-soon/


Heard this on the sports talk yesterday. I think if healthy he could be a good addition. Give us another option on the outside when Cruz moves into the slot. Cruz, Randle, Rice, Jernigan, Manningham is a nice reliable corps for Eli.
_________________

"A lion roars in the darkness only he holds the key, a light to free me from my burden and grant me life eternally"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HamilcarBarca


Joined: 01 Dec 2008
Posts: 362
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:
Gmen1985 wrote:
Giants reportedly have interest in Sidney Rice.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/14/sidney-rice-gets-clearance-could-sign-soon/


Heard this on the sports talk yesterday. I think if healthy he could be a good addition. Give us another option on the outside when Cruz moves into the slot. Cruz, Randle, Rice, Jernigan, Manningham is a nice reliable corps for Eli.

That won't happen
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WiscoBlue21


Joined: 09 Jan 2014
Posts: 331
Location: Wisconsin
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man I hope we sign Kevin Williams. Hankins and Jenkins can rotate to give Hankings another year to develop and allows us to use the first round on another need.

As for Rice, I hope we can grab him to a one year "prove it" contract. But I would have to assume if Rice is healthy and can still play they our WR core would be JJ,RR, Cruz, and Rice with MM possibly gettign the boot.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Acgott


Moderator
Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Posts: 8848
Location: USA
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WiscoBlue21 wrote:
Man I hope we sign Kevin Williams. Hankins and Jenkins can rotate to give Hankings another year to develop and allows us to use the first round on another need.

As for Rice, I hope we can grab him to a one year "prove it" contract. But I would have to assume if Rice is healthy and can still play they our WR core would be JJ,RR, Cruz, and Rice with MM possibly gettign the boot.

Signing a 33 year old DT won't change our draft plans. We use two starting DT's, and we need another good one under 30
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NYGCRUZ80


Joined: 02 Jan 2014
Posts: 596
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if we get williams id expect to get ebron first round and maybe a DT later
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Freakout


Joined: 05 Mar 2007
Posts: 2980
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin Williams is still a good player but he doesn't offer much in terms of pass rushing anymore when lined up as a 3 tech. His best game for us last season was when we had him lined up as a 1 tech (probably due to being closer to the ball) but he admitted publicly that he was against playing the nose.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GmenSeattle


Moderator
Joined: 19 Jan 2009
Posts: 10145
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYGCRUZ80 wrote:
if we get williams id expect to get ebron first round and maybe a DT later


Signing and old guy to a 1 or 2 year deal means we don't try to add depth/youth to that same position? Don't see how that logic is sound. You're not drafting for next year you're drafting for long term.

Edit: In addition I don't think we have the luxury of spending a higher 1st round pick on a non-core pick (aka someone who can't impact every play on their side of the ball). I think we end up beefing up a line in the 1st.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kodaraw


Joined: 12 Feb 2013
Posts: 640
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:
NYGCRUZ80 wrote:
if we get williams id expect to get ebron first round and maybe a DT later


Signing and old guy to a 1 or 2 year deal means we don't try to add depth/youth to that same position? Don't see how that logic is sound. You're not drafting for next year you're drafting for long term.

Edit: In addition I don't think we have the luxury of spending a higher 1st round pick on a non-core pick (aka someone who can't impact every play on their side of the ball). I think we end up beefing up a line in the 1st.


Most people seem to draft for now, not the future. You may get a decent dividend now or get no dividend now and a huge one in the future/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WiscoBlue21


Joined: 09 Jan 2014
Posts: 331
Location: Wisconsin
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe we get Williams then draft Qualres from South Carolina in the third or fourth round

GmenSeattle wrote:
NYGCRUZ80 wrote:
if we get williams id expect to get ebron first round and maybe a DT later


Signing and old guy to a 1 or 2 year deal means we don't try to add depth/youth to that same position? Don't see how that logic is sound. You're not drafting for next year you're drafting for long term.

Edit: In addition I don't think we have the luxury of spending a higher 1st round pick on a non-core pick (aka someone who can't impact every play on their side of the ball). I think we end up beefing up a line in the 1st.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51, 52  Next
Page 50 of 52

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group