Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD PART II: WE DRAFT MONDAY NOON-1 EST
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, no trade with Minny, still a chance with a trade with Philly

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtdowner wrote:
We could put Powers on the trade block but I think we did that last time and he didn't get any interest. We also don't really have to worry about his cap hit anymore. I just don't really see where he's getting his playtime unless we permanently move TM32 to FS.

If you look at the way Mathieu was used in 2013 and how the team seemingly wants to use him going forward it is going to be as a playmaking slot corner. Not on the outside at all. Powers is an outside corner, a position this team has little to no depth.

Powers is still very much a starter on this team as of now because of Mathieu's status as a premier slot CB/FS.

This is unless I have missed a move for a starting outside corner.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
mtdowner wrote:
We could put Powers on the trade block but I think we did that last time and he didn't get any interest. We also don't really have to worry about his cap hit anymore. I just don't really see where he's getting his playtime unless we permanently move TM32 to FS.

If you look at the way Mathieu was used in 2013 and how the team seemingly wants to use him going forward it is going to be as a playmaking slot corner. Not on the outside at all. Powers is an outside corner, a position this team has little to no depth.

Powers is still very much a starter on this team as of now because of Mathieu's status as a premier slot CB/FS.

Despite our valient efforts, no moves have been made

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And you guys right now I see Blake Bortles just falling, he is literally the perfect QB for Bruce. The two guys I consistently see him compared with-Ben Roethlisberger and Andrew Luck. And guess who coached those two in the NFL... This kid is #1 on my board and if he's there at 20, is it fine if I sprint to the podium?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
mtdowner wrote:

I thought we were working off our current real life roster which included Antonio Cromartie? And Jared Veldheer...Embarassed
mtdowner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuckyNumber11 wrote:
And you guys right now I see Blake Bortles just falling, he is literally the perfect QB for Bruce. The two guys I consistently see him compared with-Ben Roethlisberger and Andrew Luck. And guess who coached those two in the NFL... This kid is #1 on my board and if he's there at 20, is it fine if I sprint to the podium?

Absolutely.
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtdowner wrote:
khodder wrote:
mtdowner wrote:

I thought we were working off our current real life roster which included Antonio Cromartie? And Jared Veldheer...Embarassed

We are

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuckyNumber11 wrote:
mtdowner wrote:
khodder wrote:
mtdowner wrote:

We are

Where is Powers starting then? At the #4? We're paying a lot of money to a #4 CB if that's the case. Unless we are moving TM32 to FS on nickel+ packages I fail to see a scenario where Powers would be getting significant snaps.
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtdowner wrote:
LuckyNumber11 wrote:
mtdowner wrote:
khodder wrote:
mtdowner wrote:

We are

Where is Powers starting then? At the #4? We're paying a lot of money to a #4 CB if that's the case. Unless we are moving TM32 to FS on nickel+ packages I fail to see a scenario where Powers would be getting significant snaps.

I think that Khodder is more eluding to the fact that if either Cro or Peterson went down how screwed we would be on the outside and that Powers is the only depth we have at the position at the moment

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, that's understandable. Still paying him a lot of money though.

Still think it would be ideal to add an outside CB through the draft and then ditch Powers.
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtdowner wrote:
Okay, that's understandable. Still paying him a lot of money though.

Still think it would be ideal to add an outside CB through the draft and then ditch Powers.

I've thought the same round 2 Kyle Fuller

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok Bortles, Hageman, Manziel, and Haha all of the board. [inappropriate/removed]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone might as well pick Dee Ford just to [inappropriate/removed] me off

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

on my mind right now:

Dee Ford for obvious reason

Taylor Lewan my BPA. He can play RT

Trade back

50 Miles of crap

Various DBs that I all feel are reaches

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll try and get us out of this guys. I'd love falling back about 10 picks right now

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 4 of 13

Jump to: