Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013-2014 NHL Regular Season Thread-Final Playoff Push
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
playmaker8267

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In other Flyers blueline news, Shayne Gostisbehere has chosen to sign with the Flyers on a contract starting next season. He's going to join Adirondack on an ATO for the rest of this season. Since the Phantoms aren't going to make the AHL playoffs, at most Gostisbehere will be able to get into three games.

Bruins // Patriots // Red Sox // Chelsea
#JDI
flyers0909

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

playmaker8267 wrote:
In other Flyers blueline news, Shayne Gostisbehere has chosen to sign with the Flyers on a contract starting next season. He's going to join Adirondack on an ATO for the rest of this season. Since the Phantoms aren't going to make the AHL playoffs, at most Gostisbehere will be able to get into three games.

Dancing

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

playmaker8267 wrote:

Much better news. Ghost is the most exciting prospect we've had on the back end in decades.
"There are stories of coincidence and chance, of intersections and strange things told, and which is which and who only knows; and the book says we may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us."
flyers0909

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BirdsFan06050 wrote:
playmaker8267 wrote:

Much better news. Ghost is the most exciting prospect we've had on the back end in decades.

I wish Glens Falls wasn't so far away, I'd love to see both him and Hagg play.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BirdsFan06050 wrote:
UofMfan909 wrote:
BirdsFan06050 wrote:
Laviolette would be a nice change of style for Nashville.

That is a horrible deal for MacDonald. At this point, however, I am no longer shocked by our hasty and imprudently timed decisions to extend players.

It's not that terrible. Too much money for the term, yeah, but similiar to what he'd get on the market. Probably should've been closer to the extension Jonathan Ericsson signed earlier this year at 4.25M AAV over six years, but it's not Clarkson/Leino territory.

He is essentially our replacement for Kimmo now, which makes it a terrible decision.

MacDonald was an overrated blue-liner before we even acquired him, and is not up to the task of replacing a perennial all-star. He is a second pair defenseman at best, and is now a vastly overpaid one. Forget dipping into the free agent or trade market too.

It is another short-sighted, logistically inept decision by our front office who have shown time and time again that they do not know how to properly manage the cap. See how they handled Meszaros, Grossman, Carle, Streit, etc. over the past few years for further proof.

I'm not saying it's a good deal, just that it isn't too horrible. It's worse when you consider they have Streit locked up for the next 3 years at 5.2 still, though. 10.2 million between the two of them is a lot for guys who aren't too far above average.

It makes sense why MacDonald would draw an overpayment, though... the guy has been playing at a 550k cap hit for the last four years. He's a solid puck mover who blocks a lot of shots. Is a solid middle pairing defenseman worth 5 million a year? Ehh... I dunno. It's different when you're a team like Philly without a bonafide #1 defenseman commanding 7+ minimally per year than it is when you are Minnesota who can play Suter for 30 minutes a night and succeed.

MacDonald/Streit - Coburn
MacDonald/Streit - Schenn
Grossman (?) - Gustafsson

I mean... pretty painfully average, but probably going to look a bit different by next year, right? There's no doubt it's an overpayment... yeah, I don't know. Tough to defend.

BirdsFan06050 wrote:
playmaker8267 wrote:

Morin?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not enough hockey love on this forum Sad

Excited for the draft lottery tonight. Hopefully Buffalo wins it, we deserve it. Painful season for us..

eagles26

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyers0909 wrote:
playmaker8267 wrote:

Dancing

1 outta 2 on the day isn't bad I guess.

^^kudos to Kempes, E808 on the Avy
flyers0909

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poor Buffalo.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course....of. Course.

We'll still get a good player but damnit
NickChowaniec

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idk why but I'm just angry. Buffalo sports at its finest. At least it isn't the 2015 draft class..

BirdsFan06050

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tough break for Buffalo. They just lost out on Ekblad, but I really have no sympathy considering this happened to us.
"There are stories of coincidence and chance, of intersections and strange things told, and which is which and who only knows; and the book says we may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us."
redsoxsuck05

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BirdsFan06050 wrote:
Tough break for Buffalo. They just lost out on Ekblad, but I really have no sympathy considering this happened to us.

Reinhart is the same caliber prospect as Ekblad IMO.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redsoxsuck05 wrote:
BirdsFan06050 wrote:

Fine, but if I were given the choice, I'd take Ekblad first without a blink.
UofMfan909

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BirdsFan06050 wrote:
redsoxsuck05 wrote:
BirdsFan06050 wrote:

Fine, but if I were given the choice, I'd take Ekblad first without a blink.

Buffalo is loaded on defense, though. Ristolanien, Zadorov, McCabe, Myers, Pysyk... most of the guys who did play for them this year are really young... they probably take Reinhart or Bennett if they pick #1 overall anyway, to be honest. Florida has recently taken Huberdeau and Barkov... have to think they definitely go with Ekblad, who I agree, is the best prospect.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently McKenzie has said that Holland offered Tatar and Nyquist last year for Bouwmeester. Have heard rumblings of this for a while... but still, wow. Luckily Feaster is one of the few GMs worse at trading than Ken Holland. Stick to drafting, man, stick to drafting... or at least keep listening to Hakan with Nill, McDonnell, Yzerman, etc. all gone for good now. Sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 20 of 22

Jump to: