Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chris Johnson
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KBS756

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

footballboss24 wrote:
Bianconero wrote:
green24 wrote:
Bianconero wrote:
Jetsfandan423 wrote:
Bianconero wrote:
+ Decker, Johnson is amazing considering what we've had to watch on offense the past two seasons.

If we get CJ, we would have the #1 QB, #1 RB, and probably #2 WR that hit free agency this offseason. Not a bad haul for Idzik, especially if a deal for CJ is team friendly, which it should be.
I feel as though Powell will ask to be traded seeing as how he is going into the final year of his contract.

Powell is supposedly a leader in the clubhouse and a great person. I don't think he would demand a trade, although others would in his situation.
Great people can ask to be traded.

The jets would be lucky to get a 7th round pick for powell rbs have no value right now...

Also can we please not sign chris johnson he isnt good!

Explain how a Running back who has 6 back to back 1000 yard years isn't good? And that too according to some Titans fans behind a bad line and playing injured last year.

Also one of the few backs ever to go over 2000 yards in a season
Bianconero

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take a 7.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the fact Chris Johnson is in the building. I'll sign him for 2 years, $10mil. Chris Johnson will be the #1 Rb for the team. Chris Ivory gets hurt too much to be relied on to be a consistent #1 RB. I would also draft a RB in the 3rd/4th round to compete in training camp. Now can Idzik pull it off? We'll see.

Props to Sandwich for Sig

Idzik: SPEND BABY SPEND!!!!
green24

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

famousj wrote:
Love the fact Chris Johnson is in the building. I'll sign him for 2 years, $10mil. Chris Johnson will be the #1 Rb for the team. Chris Ivory gets hurt too much to be relied on to be a consistent #1 RB. I would also draft a RB in the 3rd/4th round to compete in training camp. Now can Idzik pull it off? We'll see.

I disagree with every single thing you said here outside of the first sentence.
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
famousj wrote:

yea I agree with green you should have stopped after that first sentence. I deff don't want us drafting a RB if we sign CJ and I would be furious if we decided to pay him $5 mill a year. In the first four rounds give me WR, TE,S, CB, ILB/OL in no particular order just BPA.
JETS2005

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't remember who put it on twitter but the aspect that is being forgotten about with Johnson is the fact that he has over 270 career catches for over 2000 yards. Despite the hatred some people have for him you still have to honor him as a defense. I would gladly welcome him aboard.
JETS2005

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rdelaney89 wrote:
green24 wrote:
famousj wrote:

yea I agree with green you should have stopped after that first sentence. I deff don't want us drafting a RB if we sign CJ and I would be furious if we decided to pay him $5 mill a year. In the first four rounds give me WR, TE,S, CB, ILB/OL in no particular order just BPA.

Ben Tate signed for 2 year 6.2 million, Gerhart signed for 3 year 10.5 million, Donald Brown 3 year 10.5 Million.

So looking realistically for a running back that has played in 95 out of 96 career games, has 6 years straight of 1000 yards, 8,000 career rushing yards 50 rushing TD's, 2000 receiving yards over 270 career receptions and still does have game changing speed, 5 Mil per for 2 years is not a horrible deal at all, and not nearly bad enough to be furious you made it seem as if you are making a major long term commitment to him.
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If CJ gets a deal worth more than 4 million a season, he should give his agent one heck of a Christmas present.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCKL: 20 SACK: 1 FF: 1 INT:
xenajets

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember in 09 when we had a three headed monster of Jones, Leon and Greene!! Only ranked as the best rushing team in the league!!

Ivory is better than Jones at that stage of his career.
CJ is just as dangerous as Leon if not more so.
Powell is a three down back who can do everything better than Greene.

Could be a potentially scary group we have next year! One other thing to consider is our QB (Vick or Geno) can run and create more holes as defenders will have to take into consideration their ability to run the ball!!

I love this move!! Please get it sorted today Idzik........

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is predictably happening at Idzik speed (spelled it right btw)
kilahchris

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would a great thing. A change of scenery would do Chris Johnson wonders. Behind our OLline he probably can crack 1200 yards again. he bring much needed speed and pass catching ability at the Running back position.

I would not sign him no more than 3 years at 18 Million a pop. 10 million guaranteed.. but i am only dreaming I know that will not be enough!
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JETS2005 wrote:
rdelaney89 wrote:
green24 wrote:
famousj wrote:

Ben Tate signed for 2 year 6.2 million, Gerhart signed for 3 year 10.5 million, Donald Brown 3 year 10.5 Million.

So looking realistically for a running back that has played in 95 out of 96 career games, has 6 years straight of 1000 yards, 8,000 career rushing yards 50 rushing TD's, 2000 receiving yards over 270 career receptions and still does have game changing speed, 5 Mil per for 2 years is not a horrible deal at all, and not nearly bad enough to be furious you made it seem as if you are making a major long term commitment to him.

Yea I understand the stats and 5 mill each of the next 2 years isn't damning but he has a lot of wear on those legs and I just can't see Idzik paying top dollar for a RB. I think we get him for 2 years 4 mill a year. I respect what he did on the field but I just don't care for him.
famousj

rdelaney89 wrote:
green24 wrote:
famousj wrote:

The Jets can afford the $5mil price tag. My draft day RB targets would be Charles Sims or Lache Seastrunk. I don't see Bilal Powell staying with the team beyond next year. The Jets need depth at the RB position.

Chris Johnson, Chris Ivory, Bilal Powel , Charles Sims or Lache Seastrunk would be a pretty good RB group.

Props to Sandwich for Sig

Idzik: SPEND BABY SPEND!!!!
GangGreen420

Adam Caplan said if this deal doesn't happen in the next 24 hours he will be "surprised."
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

famousj wrote:
rdelaney89 wrote:
green24 wrote:
famousj wrote:

The Jets can afford the $5mil price tag. My draft day RB targets would be Charles Sims or Lache Seastrunk. I don't see Bilal Powell staying with the team beyond next year. The Jets need depth at the RB position.

Chris Johnson, Chris Ivory, Bilal Powel , Charles Sims or Lache Seastrunk would be a pretty good RB group.

I'm alright if Bilal isn't with us next year but he is a solid all round back I feel like he gets so much hate on here (not from you just in general) I'd rather go BPA all draft if someone winds up to be a RB then okay but I'm really in no rush to to replace Bilal.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 8 of 11

Jump to: