Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Aldon Smith arrested by SJ Police - Sentenced to jail time
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 2h
#49ers will proceed carefully on Aldon Smith after LAX situation. I expect them to wait until the last minute to decide on him long-term.

Quote:
Unlikely #49ers have enough answers on Aldon Smith by 5/3, deadline to pick up his option. Which is why it’s hard to see them picking it up

Quote:
No, #49ers won’t cut Smith, given how much they’ve invested. But also, his salary is guaranteed for 2014, cut would accelerate signing bonus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
Let's not blow this out of proportion either. Take away Cully and Aldon, who have had 3-4 stories EACH, and there isn't that much to be concerned about. Kap's story was blown WAY out of proportion. Today we learn he wasn't even there anymore when the events occurred, and the girl was probably more in the wrong than the players were. So there isn't much there to talk about, really. And there's not a big deal to be made about Kilgore's arrest either, is it? Wasn't he arrested for WALKING while drunk? A DUI is a bad thing, but Kilgore actually made a decent decision by not taking his car. So, really, it's mostly just Aldon and Cully being idiots repeatedly. I don't think there's a culture problem on the team. Maybe a culture overrating, though. Maybe Baalrbaugh estimated that our locker room was so strong that we could take a chance on bad characters, and that we would set them straight. It didn't work out that way (at least, not yet). On the other hand, maybe Aldon would have crashed and burned even faster on a worse team.

I just noticed that all the names you listed in your post was from out dazzling 2011 draft class. Laughing

1st, 2nd, 3rd and 5th rounders. I really wonder when the Kendall Hunter time bomb will blow up. And Bruce Miller, the Ginger Danger.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
rudyZ

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The great news about this story, it's that an Aldon Smith jersey previously worht 120$ is now sold for 70$. Maybe they know something we don't. Maybe he's going to jail/going to get cut, so they're trying to get rid of their stock.

http://www.nflshop.com/San_Francisco_49ers_Men_Jerseys/Nike_Aldon_Smith_San_Francisco_49ers_Super_Bowl_XLVII_Bound_Game_Jersey_-_Scarlet

Edit: I think I'll change my name to Mr Silver Lining.

49ersfan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/49ers-kilgore-cleared-charge-hometown

If you want some good news on the legal front, Kilgore's arrest for public intoxication will be expunged and taken off his record. He wasn't arrested for making a scene, just being drunk in public (and making the smart decision not to drive)....seemed like a dumb move even at the time to arrest him.

With this, and the latest news looking good for Kaep in his case, it looks like our legal troubles this offseason extend to Chris Culliver and Aldon Smith. Which is still, ideally, 2 unnecessary incidents....
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6

Last edited by 49ersfan on Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
757-NINER

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
NcFinest9erFan wrote:
757-NINER wrote:
NcFinest9erFan wrote:
I wonder if Barr is on the top of the list now? anyone here thinks that he'll make it out of the top ten? at this point, I wouldn't mind it if we traded up for him...

It would be very knee-jerk to let Aldon's recent arrest to affect the plan they have already laid out for this draft. And I'm sure a pass-rusher was very high on our list, before recent events. What this means is, if in all likelihood Aldon gets suspended indefinitely(which very well may happen), it puts more of a premium to shore up the secondary if you take away a player of his talent from the pass-rush. So CB or mutiple CBs could very well still be the gameplan in the early rounds.

There's no need to try and replace Aldon's production this year. They drafted Lemioner last year and Skuta played very well as a fill in starter. They will rely on that tandem and probably look to add another pass rusher via the draft this year, while ultimately looking to replace Aldon's talent in next year's draft. I do think this was Aldon's last srike and the team will probably make plans to move on without him. As talented as he is, you can't save a player from himself. I think his problems are bigger than even he or the orgainztion realizes. Kid needs help in a myraid of ways. You just can't continue to let his transgressions pass because of his talent. At some point, you have draw a line in the sand. The days of putting up with off-the-field arrests are over. Its a new day and a new NFL. Its a extremely tough decision but one that utimately should be made. Sad because I thought Aldon would be that cornerstone player to carry the defense after Willis. Its obvious he has some demons within that have gotten the better of him to this point in his professional career. Hopefully the kid turns it around....even if it isn't with the Niners.

I totally forgot about Lemonier. He only had one sack last season but he did a nice job of getting QB pressures.

Bah. He looked OK. I wasn't as impressed with him as most here seemed to be. But I was kind of hoping he would be "special" and maybe he just wasn't as good as my high expectations for him. Anyone here have access to how many snaps he played and how many pressure he got. Would love to see how his sack and pressure ratios compares to Aldon or other good pass rushers.

I think what most were impressed with was his first step. He's as explosive as they come. But he didn't seem to have the necessary upper body strength and/or technique to beat blockers. Now, with one year of conditioning and teaching from Leavitt and Tomsula (don't forget Leavitt coached up George Selvie and Jason Pierre-Paul at USF.. Selvie had an amazing year there), he should make some progress. If the progress is minimal, I think there are still ways to put him on the field and maximise his talent. That explosion and speed can be disruptive. I don't think he should be a replacement starter this year for Aldon, if need be, but as a rotational player, I like him.

Exactly what I think I saw. Great burst, little power. Let's see how he develops.

Disagree with his lack of power. Lemoiner has plenty of power. He just doesn't utilize enough IMO and that is part of the maturation process of becoming a elite pass-rusher at the NFL level.

Not that the bench press's is some great indicator of functional strength but its worth noting that Aldon only did 20 reps at the Combine leading up to the draft, while Lemioner did 27. The guy is no weakling. A couple of years in a off-season program and he should be well improved in that's area as well as his strengthing his lower base.

The problem last year with Lemonier is he relied soley on his looping, speed rush. Its the same problem I have with Brooks as a pass-rusher also. They have a tendency to just use that move, to their detriment. It takes compelety out of the play most of the time because though both do have a great first step, their burst around the edge isn't quite what a Von Miller or a Dwight Freeney is. The one thing I loved about Lemonier as a prospect is that when I watched him, he had a array of pass-rush moves....spin, dips, rips, outside-in, bull-rush. I saw none of that as a rookie. The one time I saw him use use the bull-rush last year, he had the OT on skates and walked him stright back to the QB and disrutped the QBs pass attempt. He just never went back to to it. Don't know if it was nerves or coaching but the kid has it in him. He just maybe needed to get a feel for the level of competition as a pro so maybe as he becomes more comfortable, he'll display some of those great moves I saw from him in college.

But despite his 1 sack campaign, I saw glimpses of what I think could be a very good-great pass-rusher. I know sacks are the only barometer pass-rusher are measured but I thought he was disruptive and push the pocket a ton. That is also a sign of a good pass-rusher....being able to get the QB off his mark and change his drop. Which is why QB pressures and hurries can be just as important as sacks in a lot of instances.
rudyZ

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Eric Branch ‏@Eric_Branch 17 min
Update (sort of) from Los Angeles District Attorney’s office: No charges expected to be filed today against #49ers Aldon Smith.

Is the keyword here "no" or "today"?

rudyZ

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess that's kind of an answer.

Quote:
Eric Branch ‏@Eric_Branch 1 min
I don't think it's significant if no charges filed today vs Aldon Smith. Sounds like several days, or longer, would follow typical timeline.

Gridirongreat#9

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
The great news about this story, it's that an Aldon Smith jersey previously worht 120$ is now sold for 70$. Maybe they know something we don't. Maybe he's going to jail/going to get cut, so they're trying to get rid of their stock.

http://www.nflshop.com/San_Francisco_49ers_Men_Jerseys/Nike_Aldon_Smith_San_Francisco_49ers_Super_Bowl_XLVII_Bound_Game_Jersey_-_Scarlet

Its b\c they only have Larges left and they are trying to get rid of inventory.

DirtyJersey9er wrote:
I wish the friends of some girls I've talked to at bars/clubs were this bad at blocking.
Gridirongreat#9

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersfan wrote:
http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/49ers-kilgore-cleared-charge-hometown

If you want some good news on the legal front, Kilgore's arrest for public intoxication will be expunged and taken off his record. He wasn't arrested for making a scene, just being drunk in pubic (and making the smart decision not to drive)....seemed like a dumb move even at the time to arrest him.

With this, and the latest news looking good for Kaep in his case, it looks like our legal troubles this offseason extend to Chris Culliver and Aldon Smith. Which is still, ideally, 2 unnecessary incidents....

Sorry. I couldnt pass it up.
Laughing Laughing

DirtyJersey9er wrote:
I wish the friends of some girls I've talked to at bars/clubs were this bad at blocking.
rudyZ

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gridirongreat#9 wrote:
rudyZ wrote:

Its b\c they only have Larges left and they are trying to get rid of inventory.

Stop making sense. Logic on a message board... who do you think you are!

49ers Finest

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:

It's because it's the Super Bowl jersey. So its old Cuzz the sb logo and we lost.
All the old NFC championship and sb stud goes on sale

I'm guessing his normal jersey is still full price

Edit: yup. http://m.nflshop.com/San_Francisco_49ers_Gear/Nike_Aldon_Smith_San_Francisco_49ers_Game_Jersey_-_Scarlet
Might as well call Rudy tmz or pft for creating these darn rumors! Laughing

new sig... sorry alex
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
-Right to the point: My view, after talking to several sources involved with the 49ers’ decision-making, is that troubled linebacker Aldon Smith hasn’t only lost the benefit of the doubt, he probably won’t play for the 49ers in 2014.

Damn!!!!!! So question is will he be suspended for the entire year by Goodell, or do we move on from him? Heck, or does BOTH happen?

Quote:
* NFL source: Chris Culliver was with Aldon Smith in the Southwest terminal on Sunday, same flight, but was not involved in any of the trouble. Culliver is not presumed to have been spending time with Smith in LA. It’s possible Culliver just happened to be there and was flying back on same flight.

But the source did allow that it is a wild convergence that the two 49ers players currently under felony charges were together when Smith was detained in another potentially very serious incident. Just that kind of off-season.

Of course Laughing .

Quote:
I’m also told that the weariness and frustration is mostly focused on Smith, and that team management supports Colin Kaepernick through the “suspicious incident” that Miami police are still investigating and that the 49ers are not planning to release Culliver despite his felony and misdemeanor hit-and-run charges recently.

Dancing Dancing

Quote:
It’s not specifically about the incident Sunday at LAX–and one team source suggested that Smith might not end up getting charged for it.

Interesting, but looks like there is a good chance he sees jail time for his other charges.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2014/04/15/aldon-smiths-future-court-date-probable-nfl-suspension-and-the-49ers-overwhelming-weariness-and-frustration/

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

team should just suspend him "indefinitely" for the year
hes going to get suspended from the league anyways, this way its looks like we're being proactive. and not just accepting all this crap our guys are doing

then he signs somewhere next year for a pretty good number im guessing. and then we get a comp pick

new sig... sorry alex
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
hes going to get suspended from the league anyways, this way its looks like we're being proactive. and not just accepting all this crap our guys are doing

then he signs somewhere next year for a pretty good number im guessing. and then we get a comp pick

Boo, suspend him have him return next year and give him a five year 10 million deal Laughing.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
49ers Finest wrote:

Boo, suspend him have him return next year and give him a five year 10 million deal Laughing.

I'd try to bring him back next year. He has seriously hurt his value with all the crap he's pulled. If he can spend the year REALLY working on his rehab, turn his life around, then he shouldn't return to football on another team. If at the end of the year, the staff doesn't believe he's turned his life around, then it's easy to let him go.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 21 of 29

Jump to: