Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Post Your First Round Board
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IronMike84

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:26 am    Post subject: Post Your First Round Board Reply with quote

Whatever it looks like. Mine is 4-deep. Maybe yours is more or less.

And post an update if you change something. Keep this going through May.

Here's mine:

1. Justin Gilbert - Cornerback, Oklahoma State
Tremendous athlete, good closing speed, a ballhawk and a threat to go the distance. I'll be really surprised if he makes it all the way to #14, but if by some miracle he's there, I think he's a must-take. Granted, the Bears need their first rounder to start on a day 1, but I think he would be too good to pass up.

2. Ha Ha Clinton-Dix - Safety, Alabama
Makes sense because of his extreme versatility: can play free, strong, or nickel. Prototypical size and athleticism. Not a guy that leaps off the tape, but a solid force on the back end.

3. Timmy Jernigan - Defensive Tackle, Florida State
Quite simply, has a lot of traits that remind me of Kyle Long. Plays mean and finishes his plays, traits the Bears defensive line sorely lacked last season. Big, strong, with good movement skills, but isn't polished and will require some coaching. Not a flashy pick, but I think he can be effective.

4. Ra’shede Hageman - Defensive Tackle, Minnesota
Can play 1-tech or 3-tech. Like Jernigan, he would require some coaching, but he has a high ceiling.

I've not included Aaron Donald simply because after a lot of thought and looking over past picks of Phil Emery, I just don't think he fits Emery's mold.
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Justin Gilbert

2. Deone Bucannon

3. Kyle Fuller

I believe pick #14 will be one of those 3. I also have Bucannon as my top Safety prospect, with Gilbert/Fuller atop the CB class. Can't see Emery going anything other than CB/S in the 1st.

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
Adopt-A-Bear: Kyle Long, Guard
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gilbert
Haha
Donald
Hageman

in that order

Bucannon and Jernigan are at the bottom of my list

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HaHa
Gilbert
Dennard
Fuller

I agree with IM84 about Donald not fitting Emery's mold (or at least what we think Emery's mold is).

Things said by Emery about what he wants:
- Bigger DL
- Players that transcend scheme

Donald fits neither of these. He's a small DT who is likely limited to 3T at the NFL level. I really worry that he has already played his best football. Many disagree and that's fine - just calling it like I see it. The DT most closely fitting Emery's mold though is Hageman, and he seems like a bad value at 14. I wouldn't take any DL other than Clowney or Mack over any of the 4 I mentioned at the top of the post. Wouldn't shock me to see Emery go for Bradley Roby at 14 either though.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Aaron Donald…I just don’t buy the whole he’s “undersized” & doesn’t fit every scheme argument for ruling him out…Emery has also always stated that he wants explosive playmakers…they don’t come more explosive than Donald at the DT position where we are still very short on talent.

2. Justin Gilbert…Another explosive playmaker who’s has prototype HWS for the position…add in ball skills and return ability and he cannot just take the ball away but go on to score which again is on Emery’s wish list…reason he is behind Donald is because we still have Jennings & Tillman for another year and the CB depth is outstanding this year.

3. Hasean Clinton-Dix…I doubt HaHa is going to become an elite FS…but I also think he will always be a good one…we badly need safety help and he is the surest this of any guy at the position…that said in terms of talent I think Pryor & Bucannon are right there with him altho offer different skill sets.

4. Kyle Fuller…I just love this guy’s game…instincts are off the chart…tough…aggressive…has ball skills…athletic…has proven he can do it all back there…I think he would come straight in and play the nickel from day one with his skill set.

5. Darqueze Dennard/Calvin Pryor/Deone Bucannon/Timmy Jernigan/RaShede Hageman
Madmike90

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
Wouldn't shock me to see Emery go for Bradley Roby at 14 either though.

Roby would be a reach at #14…but he does remind me an awful lot of Janoris Jenkins…if he turned out like that we could be on to a winner…my bigger concern is that Emery goes way off the deep end and takes Phillip Gaines…who I like as a prospect…just not anywhere near that high lol.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
Wouldn't shock me to see Emery go for Bradley Roby at 14 either though.

Roby would be a reach at #14…but he does remind me an awful lot of Janoris Jenkins…if he turned out like that we could be on to a winner…my bigger concern is that Emery goes way off the deep end and takes Phillip Gaines…who I like as a prospect…just not anywhere near that high lol.

I agree Roby would be a reach at 14 but he is the elite athlete with elite potential that Emery seems to target early on.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Mudderfudder77

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my board (1st Round) as of this very minute.

1. Aaron Donald
2. Kyle Fuller
3. Rashede Hageman
4. Eric Ebron
5. Deone Bucannon
6. Darqueze Dennard

*Subject to change a few dozen times before the draft.

Adopt-a-Bear Lamarr Houston

Man-child. QB-killer. Defender of the run. Destroyer of worlds
bearsfan323

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clinton-Dix
Gilbert
Donald
Hageman
Mosley
Ebron
IronMike84

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
Donald fits neither of these. He's a small DT who is likely limited to 3T at the NFL level. I really worry that he has already played his best football. Many disagree and that's fine - just calling it like I see it. The DT most closely fitting Emery's mold though is Hageman, and he seems like a bad value at 14.

I've been looking at high offensive/defensive lineman picks from teams Emery has been a part of dating back to 2008 with Atlanta (finding scouting reports older than '08 gets dicey). I also took a look at KC's 2012 draft, which Emery was not around for, but likely had a big hand in scouting during the previous fall.

Obviously, there aren't 100% striking similarities between all of the players I looked it, but there were some consistencies among many of them. Many were athletically gifted with high ceilings and the ability to play multiple positions, but were lacking in either technique or consistency.

Things can change, but there's far more in Emery's past to suggest Hageman and Jernigan are higher on his board than Donald.
G08

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice thread.

1. Donald
2. Dennard
3. Hageman
4. Fuller
5. Clinton-Dix

I was torn between Hageman and Fuller as my number three but decided to go with Hageman. The concerns I have could be mitigated by good coaching and strong team leadership, both of which I think we have.

I give Dennard a slight tick in coverage over Fuller.

WindyCity wrote:
McClellin is simply not very good. He is not big enough or strong enough to play at the NFL level. The Bears should move on.
RidiculousJames

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Donald
2. Gilbert
3. Fuller
4. Clinton-Dix
5. Hageman
6. Pryor/Jernigan/Dennard/Bucannon

Understand completely where you guys are coming from with the 'Donald is not a Phil Emery player' argument, but for my personal board he would still be up there at #1. Really like both Gilbert and Fuller, not as high on Dennard as he is so very, very physical, may have to change his game a little in the NFL.
2014 Adopt-a-Bear: FS #45 Brock Vereen
Tackles: 2 || Interceptions: 0 || Forced Fumbles: 0
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For everyone that is talking about Donald's lack of versatility it seems they are overlooking Timmy Jernigan who would have the same issue. He is a 1 tech NT. I think he will drop for that exact reason.

chisoxguy7

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
For everyone that is talking about Donald's lack of versatility it seems they are overlooking Timmy Jernigan who would have the same issue. He is a 1 tech NT. I think he will drop for that exact reason.

HHCD @ 14, Jernigan @ ~40?

Adopted Bear: LB DJ Williams
Christmas List
Sack of Aaron Rodgers
Sack of Matthew Stafford
Tackle Adrian Peterson for loss

TFL: SACK: INT: FF: FR:
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chisoxguy7 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:

HHCD @ 14, Jernigan @ ~40?

I dont think Timmy will drop that far...maybe into the late 20's. But then some team will probably take him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: