Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

New - With the 16th pick the Dallas Cowboys select...
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
goldfishwars


Joined: 27 Mar 2011
Posts: 8597
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:00 am    Post subject: New - With the 16th pick the Dallas Cowboys select... Reply with quote

Hi

There's a poll up and running in the draft section.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=546411

It would be great to have your thoughts and votes.

Cheers,

GFW
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texas_OutLaw7


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 24339
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of '12
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:13 am    Post subject: Re: New - With the 16th pick the Dallas Cowboys select... Reply with quote

goldfishwars wrote:
Hi

There's a poll up and running in the draft section.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=546411

It would be great to have your thoughts and votes.

Cheers,

GFW


Based on the options afforded - without the ability of a trade - the answer is without question Johnny Football. Matin being a distant second.
_________________


In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MaddHatter


Joined: 29 Nov 2006
Posts: 44706
Location: ROH Class of 14
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blah...

1. Trade Down
2. Take Manziel and sit him for 2 years
3. Martin
_________________


Sig courtesy of mack.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CT Cowboy Fan


Joined: 12 Mar 2011
Posts: 894
Location: Connecticut
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, this is pretty much the worst case scenario for Dallas. No Donald, no Barr, and no Lewan. I think Manziel is BPA, Martin is on his heels. Jernigan and Ealy would be reaches at this point. Without being able to trade down I'm taking Johnny Football.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nextyearfordaboyz


Joined: 11 Jan 2005
Posts: 17193
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be pretty happy to see any of the 3 quarterbacks sitting there at our pick.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
plan9misfit


FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
Joined: 29 Oct 2004
Posts: 20462
Location: RIP: B2TB, T14, & S.A. We miss you.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
I would be pretty happy to see any of the 3 quarterbacks sitting there at our pick.


I don't want any part of Manziel, unless it means we can use him as bait to trade the pick and let some other sucker waste a pick on that future bust.
_________________

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
emmittsmith22


Joined: 19 Jan 2010
Posts: 468
Location: TX
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we picked up Johnny Manziel do y'all really think we would sit him for two years? Although it would be the wise thing to do, in this scenario I think he would sit for maybe a full season, probably half a season. All it would take is Romo having a couple of bad screw ups and Jerry, along with some of us overreactive fans, would be begging to put Manziel in. I've just seen multiple people say if he ended up here he'd sit for two years and was curious as to what you guys thought.
_________________


ZAX
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The_Slamman


Joined: 07 Feb 2005
Posts: 13416
Location: Las Vegas, NV
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnny Football. /thread
_________________
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JWingate


Moderator
Joined: 10 Aug 2008
Posts: 4753
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
Johnny Football. /thread

System.out.println("We would not take Johnny Football, we would take Zach Martin.");

I can do code as well Slam Man.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nextyearfordaboyz


Joined: 11 Jan 2005
Posts: 17193
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

emmittsmith22 wrote:
If we picked up Johnny Manziel do y'all really think we would sit him for two years? Although it would be the wise thing to do, in this scenario I think he would sit for maybe a full season, probably half a season. All it would take is Romo having a couple of bad screw ups and Jerry, along with some of us overreactive fans, would be begging to put Manziel in. I've just seen multiple people say if he ended up here he'd sit for two years and was curious as to what you guys thought.


He definitely wouldn't sit for 2 full seasons. But I do think that, if Romo stays healthy, Manziel won't see any time as a rookie.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GeorgiaBoy367


Joined: 07 Feb 2005
Posts: 4869
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im all in on Johnny Heisman, He wont be there but if he is id take him. Use him similar to slash when he first started If he does well then boom he's the heir, if he doesn't then at least you can say you went for it.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Justin Hoover82


Joined: 19 Jan 2013
Posts: 2530
Location: Ft.Worth Texas
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Johnny Manziel, Bridgewater or Carr is there at 16 I think the Cowboys could get a trade done rather easily. I could even see a scenario where the Cowboys could gain an extra 1st rd pick from a team who is at the top of the 2nd round. Maybe trade from 16 to the Browns for their 2nd rd pick #3, their 3rd and a 1st next yr.
_________________
AMERICA'S TEAM and 5x SB CHAMPIONS = DALLAS COWBOYS!!!!!

Joe_is_the_best on the sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
NoFlyZone


Joined: 06 Jan 2013
Posts: 2711
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeorgiaBoy367 wrote:
Im all in on Johnny Heisman, He wont be there but if he is id take him. Use him similar to slash when he first started If he does well then boom he's the heir, if he doesn't then at least you can say you went for it.

You could then also say you wasted a first round pick when it wasn't even necessary to take a chance on the guy in the first place.
_________________

^ made by CalhounLambeau
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GeorgiaBoy367


Joined: 07 Feb 2005
Posts: 4869
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NoFlyZone wrote:
GeorgiaBoy367 wrote:
Im all in on Johnny Heisman, He wont be there but if he is id take him. Use him similar to slash when he first started If he does well then boom he's the heir, if he doesn't then at least you can say you went for it.

You could then also say you wasted a first round pick when it wasn't even necessary to take a chance on the guy in the first place.


You dont believe QB is necessary? Romo will be 34 on Monday. How long do you intend to start him? 3 more years? if were lucky. More than likely its 1.5 years and would you like a kid fresh from college to take over or would you like him to have had some backup duty before going in? Smart teams analyze the future, which is why we should be looking at QB's. Risk is always there with QB's but if you hit then your team is relevant for 10 years. Whether you guys like to admit it or not this team wont be winning anything with Romo not because of Romo because the talent gap between good teams and us is too large we need a few more years of solid drafting and wise decision making before we can compete on thier level. Sadly Romo will be too old to be the difference maker he is.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Justin Hoover82


Joined: 19 Jan 2013
Posts: 2530
Location: Ft.Worth Texas
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeorgiaBoy367 wrote:
NoFlyZone wrote:
GeorgiaBoy367 wrote:
Im all in on Johnny Heisman, He wont be there but if he is id take him. Use him similar to slash when he first started If he does well then boom he's the heir, if he doesn't then at least you can say you went for it.

You could then also say you wasted a first round pick when it wasn't even necessary to take a chance on the guy in the first place.


You dont believe QB is necessary? Romo will be 34 on Monday. How long do you intend to start him? 3 more years? if were lucky. More than likely its 1.5 years and would you like a kid fresh from college to take over or would you like him to have had some backup duty before going in? Smart teams analyze the future, which is why we should be looking at QB's. Risk is always there with QB's but if you hit then your team is relevant for 10 years. Whether you guys like to admit it or not this team wont be winning anything with Romo not because of Romo because the talent gap between good teams and us is too large we need a few more years of solid drafting and wise decision making before we can compete on thier level. Sadly Romo will be too old to be the difference maker he is.


I agree with this. If a top prospect at QB is on the board at 16 i.e Johnny Manziel then unless you get a fantastic trade offer for that spot you simply take him period. I don't think there should be much if any debate who the Cowboys take if Manziel is sitting there at 16. Same goes for Bortles but NOT Bridgewater. We can pass him up cause he's not going to be very good
_________________
AMERICA'S TEAM and 5x SB CHAMPIONS = DALLAS COWBOYS!!!!!

Joe_is_the_best on the sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group