You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mock draft #2 let me know what you think

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2017 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mattmatt

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:22 pm    Post subject: Mock draft #2 let me know what you think Reply with quote

I'm not doing trades or FA, that is too hard to predict.

1. Oakland Calvin Johnson WR GT

When you are this bad with this many holes to fill, you go with BPA. Calvin is just that. A QB can be had in FA or later in the draft. JaMarcus is a possibility here but Calvin is a sure thing

2. Detroit Joe Thomas OT Wisconsin

A safe pick if nothing else. Thomas will hold down the line for years to come and will watch the back of whoever plays QB for them. (Brian Brohm likes this pick!! Wink

3. Cleveland Adrian Peterson HB Oklahoma

With JaMarcus still on the board that pick is very tempting but w/o a solid running game any QB is not going to do well.

4. Tampa Bay Gaines Adams DE Clem

this is the first piece to turning around the Tampa D. Adams will anchor the D-line for many years to come. Jamarcus is a possibility as well.

5. Arizona Alan Branch DT Michigan

Huge hole stuffer that will help out Arizona's up and comming DE's

6. Washington Jamaal Anderson DE Arkansas

big DE with good speed to get to the QB. his stock is just keeps getting higher and higher.

7. Minnesota JaMarcus Russell QB LSU

the team seems to be high on Jackson but Russell is too good to pass up. He will make fans forget about Culpepper! WR or defense is a possibility here as well

8. Houston LaRon Landry S LSU

Houston now has one of the scariest young D's in the league. Ryans and Williams played well last year and Landry will solidify the secondary

9. Miami Brady Quinn QB Notre Dame

the phins are kicking theirselves in the butt for not getting Drew Brees last year. I don't think they are going to completely give up on Culpepper but you have to have some insurance and Harrington is not it.

10. Atlanta Reggie Nelson S Atlanta

fills a big area of need for the falcons. will start from day 1 and team up well with Deangelo Hall

11. San Francisco Amobi Okoye DT Louisville

At 19 the kid is still growing into a man. He is quick off the ball and is always in the backfield

12. Buffalo Lawrence Timmons LB FSU

With London Fletcher leaving and Spikes health issues LB is a must. They did well revamping the secondary last year.

13. St. Louis Patrick Willis ILB Ole Miss

The offense is still very good and the D still is awful! Willis is a big, quick MLB that can start right away.

14. Carolina Darrelle Revis CB Pitt

A saftey or LB may make more sense here but none are a good value here. Revis is a good cover corner that can help out that aging secondary

15. Pittsburg Adam Carriker DE Nebraska

the Steelers didn't get much push from the D-line last year. Carriker is has a nose for the ball!

16. Green Bay Marshawn Lynch RB Cal

Ahman Green is over 30 and may leave via FA. whether or not Green goes Lynch needs to be the pick. Big bruising back with speed to get to the outside. Reminds me of Deuce McAllister a little

17. Jacksonville Ted Ginn JR. WR OSU

Jacksonville pulls a Matt Millen and goes with another WR in the first. They have assembled some of the biggest WR in the league and now get their deep threat. Ted Ginn is explosive at KR but so is Jones-Drew. The offense should be interesting to watch!

18. Cincinnati Leon Hall CB Michigan

The Bengals CB's are getting older. D-line could be addressed here as well. Leon Hall is BPA.

19. Tennessee DeWayne Bowe WR LSU

Vince Young needs a go to guy and Bowe is exactly what the Doctor ordered. Big, strong and fast, Bowe seems to have everything a #1 reciever needs to have.

20. NY Giants Daymeion Hughes CB Cal

A defensive upgrade is needed, with LB and DT not having good value at this point the Giants could possibly trade back, here though they take Hughes. 8 ints last year is an impressive number.

21. Denver Charles Johnson DE UGA

The D played well last year but the D-line needs to be upgraded.

22. Dallas Dewayne Jarrett WR USC

Owens and Glenn are old and they don't really have anyone behind them.

23. Kansas City Robert Meachum WR Tenn

D is still weak and could possibly be the pick here. The Cheifs need a playmaker at the WR position and Meachum is the guy

24. New England (from Seattle) Anthony Spencer DE/LB Purdue

Hybrid type player. fits well into the Pats system

25. NY Jets Aaron Ross CB Texas

speedy cover corner is always good!

26. Philidelphia Michael Griffin S Texas

S is need and Griffin fills it!

27. New Orleans Tank Tyler DT NCST

Saints could take any position on D but this is the best value here

28. New England Sidney Rice WR South Carolina

they lacked a go to reciever last year. Rice has the size and hands to be their #1 guy

29. Baltimore Levi Brown OT Penn St.

the 2nd best lineman in the draft falls and the Ravens cannot pass on him

30. San Diego Ben Grubbs G Auburn

The Chargers could use a WR or a S here but thier is not good value. Gubbs seems to be the safest and best pick

31. Chicago Justin Blalock G Texas

o-line is a need for the NFC champions. Blalock can start right away.

32. Rufus Alexander LB Oklahoma

the D-line showed some promise in the playoffs. LB needs to be addressed.

Keato
clvbrowns

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like the pick, but at this pt we wouldnt pass on JaMarcus (roomerd that both the owner and gm want him if he falls)
Ryan Flint

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no way JaMarcus falls that low!!!
fraziafraze07

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THe Panthers safeties are aging, not the CBs. We have 3 starting-caliber CBs, we don't need one this early....maybe one later for depth. Yes, S and LB are big needs, but we could also use a DE or an OT. I feel Levi Brown is worht the 14th pick. We could also trade down and target him or guys like Griffin, Timmons, or a DE.
BrettWolfe

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Miami pick

Dolphins Fan
apollo14000

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
5. Arizona Alan Branch DT Michigan

Huge hole stuffer that will help out Arizona's up and comming DE's

This is an F. First off, DT is definitely not a 1st round need, not even a 1st day need. Secondly, we don't have any up and coming DE's, we have solid veterens. We had a great run defense last year, one of the best. That even happened with teams running on us late the game because they had the lead. Not like oakland's #1 pass defense because teams didn't need to throw against them. Laron Landry would be an excellent pick here.
trueblue

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 49ers will probably go after Carriker over Okoye if we're looking for a 3-4 DE. Okoye doesn't have the size that fits the 3-4.
Kazkal

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

18. Cincinnati Leon Hall CB Michigan

The Bengals CB's are getting older. D-line could be addressed here as well. Leon Hall is BPA.

Don't like hall this early he's too slow for me...even if he ran a 4.35 because you know he's slow on the field.
isuvike

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
7. Minnesota JaMarcus Russell QB LSU

the team seems to be high on Jackson but Russell is too good to pass up. He will make fans forget about Culpepper! WR or defense is a possibility here as well

He'll make us forget about Culpepper...in the way that most first round busts do.

Quinn, jarrett, landry, and nelson are just a few examples of better picks for us.
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Lions currently have Jeff Backus playing LT, one of the top 5 highest paid players that the position. Why would we take Thomas to replace him? It is unlikely that either of them would make a position change. Gaines Adams is the more likely pick considering a pass rushing DE is a need and Marinelli is trying to install the cover 2 defense.
mattmatt

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the comments guys. this will help with my next mock...

Keato
jagz4life

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not a Matt Millen when your top 2 WRs from only a year ago are going to be gone.

I like the pick, Jarrett or Ginn would be good.
Fishfan79

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

9. Miami Brady Quinn QB Notre Dame

the phins are kicking theirselves in the butt for not getting Drew Brees last year. I don't think they are going to completely give up on Culpepper but you have to have some insurance and Harrington is not it.
I will take it if he falls to me

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2017 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: