Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Save Our Coaches
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jch1911

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:02 am    Post subject: Save Our Coaches Reply with quote

I get the feeling many of our defensive coaches will be getting job upgrades this off-season (or at least offers)
Quote:

MMQB's Albert Breer reports Texans LBs coach Mike Vrabel will interview for the Rams' head-coaching vacancy.

Anthony Weaver (DL) might get a DC offer

John Butler (Secondary) might get a DC offer as well
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aside from Vrabel and RAC I wouldn't lose sleep over losing the other coaches on the defensive side of the ball. Im hoping Vrabel ends up as our DC. Maybe RAC coaches one more year here then they promote Vrabel as DC. Honestly not sure if the Rams should hire him. That's a huge jump from being a LB coach to HC.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been hoping that BOB would get fired mid season and we could turn the team over to RAC and make Vrabel the D Cord. RAC has bombed out as a head coach, so i think hes not going anywhere, but Vrabel is gonna be a hot candidate moving forward.

going from linebackers caoch to Head Coach is a jump, but hes also a player, so that would help form that stand point.

^S/o to El Ramster for the amazing sig
jch1911

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a side note, why would Denver not hire Baby Shanahan and keep Wade as DC??

Kyle would open the offense, but keep most of the ZBS concepts. Plus, they keep their Super Bowl caliber defense... This should be a done deal. Confused
amazingandre

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jch1911 wrote:

Kyle would open the offense, but keep most of the ZBS concepts. Plus, they keep their Super Bowl caliber defense... This should be a done deal. Confused

And it might be, but Kyle is coaching this weekend, he won't accept a job until the Falcons are done.
jch1911

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
jch1911 wrote:

And it might be, but Kyle is coaching this weekend, he won't accept a job until the Falcons are done.

Oh ok... I saw another article where Vance McDonald was the frontrunner & was bringing Bob McAdoo with him to Denver
Longhorns90

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jch1911 wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
jch1911 wrote:

Oh ok... I saw another article where Vance McDonald was the frontrunner & was bringing Bob McAdoo with him to Denver

...neither of those names make sense. Bob McAdoo is a retired HoF basketball player. Ben McAdoo is already head coach of the Giants (and presumably not taking a demotion or leaving his job), and Vance McDonald is a tight end. Not a tight ends coach, a *tight end* on the Niners.

I presume you were talking about Vance *Joseph*, the current Miami DC, who has a history with Kubiak/Phillips. Dunno who else you're talking about, however.
Darn. I want a superb owl. I only have this POS barn owl. Hedwig would be a major upgrade.
jch1911

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Longhorns90 wrote:
jch1911 wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
jch1911 wrote:

...neither of those names make sense. Bob McAdoo is a retired HoF basketball player. Ben McAdoo is already head coach of the Giants (and presumably not taking a demotion or leaving his job), and Vance McDonald is a tight end. Not a tight ends coach, a *tight end* on the Niners.

I presume you were talking about Vance *Joseph*, the current Miami DC, who has a history with Kubiak/Phillips. Dunno who else you're talking about, however.

Typing on my phone while cradling my sleeping daughter... calm down my man... it was Vance Joseph & Mike McCoy... are you happy now?
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need to go up and get Watson.

Texansfan713

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:

No we don't. He's a 3rd round talent at best.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:

Guys a winner. He's owned the closest thing to an NFL defense you will find in back to back title games. He's a 1st round talent.

Texansfan713

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:

Guys a winner. He's owned the closest thing to an NFL defense you will find in back to back title games. He's a 1st round talent.

Manziel was a "winner" too. Same with Tim Tebow. What do those 2 have in common with Watson? They both owned Bama defenses that has a lot of NFL talent on them. Some college QB's skill set don't translate to the next level. Sure Watson made some very good plays the past 2 meetings vs Bama but he also made some plays that wont fly in the NFL.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:

Manziel was a "winner" too. Same with Tim Tebow. What do those 2 have in common with Watson? They both owned Bama defenses that has a lot of NFL talent on them. Some college QB's skill set don't translate to the next level. Sure Watson made some very good plays the past 2 meetings vs Bama but he also made some plays that wont fly in the NFL.

I have to agree with TF713, Watson is a 3rd round talent for the NFL. Some team might take him earlier than that but it shouldn't be the Texans. He's great for the college game, but not for an NFL system. He had a lot of interceptions the last 2 yrs. and he ran alot in college, that won't work in the NFL.
Longhorns90

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jch1911 wrote:
Longhorns90 wrote:
jch1911 wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
jch1911 wrote:

Typing on my phone while cradling my sleeping daughter... calm down my man... it was Vance Joseph & Mike McCoy... are you happy now?

Wasn't mad, just confused. Can't read your mind, just your post. Razz

Joseph is there in Denver now, we'll see if McCoy heads there as well.
Darn. I want a superb owl. I only have this POS barn owl. Hedwig would be a major upgrade.
jch1911

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Longhorns90 wrote:
jch1911 wrote:
Longhorns90 wrote:
jch1911 wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
jch1911 wrote:

Wasn't mad, just confused. Can't read your mind, just your post. Razz

Joseph is there in Denver now, we'll see if McCoy heads there as well.

I saw that he was hired and it will be either Bill Musgrave or McCoy as OC. You're in Colorado.... you should know this stuff already. Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: