You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Free Agency
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrCincinnati wrote:
And we don't know for sure what comp picks we get yet. They were suppose to have 1 last year and they didn't get any.

There are a few guys on this site who are very accurate at predicting them. Based on free agent contracts signed, Jones nets us the fourth pick or something like that at the end of the 4th, Sanu nets us the very last 4th round comp pick, while Nelson and Smith net us two sixths. Since we can only get four, it ends there.
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is an updated draft order that includes trades and comp picks (also included are the players lost to earn the comp picks). Picks #21-32 to be determined by playoffs, obviously.
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=21148311#21148311
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So...just throwing this out there but Andre Smith only signed a 1 year deal with the Vikings. Knowing our teams history of someone needing at least 3-5 years of experience in our "system" before you don't suck, I'm all for bringing Andre Smith back...
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
So...just throwing this out there but Andre Smith only signed a 1 year deal with the Vikings. Knowing our teams history of someone needing at least 3-5 years of experience in our "system" before you don't suck, I'm all for bringing Andre Smith back...

Marvin might smack you....

Honestly, I'd rather roll with Winston backing up Fisher. Not that I believe that will really work yet..
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:

Honestly, I'd rather roll with Winston backing up Fisher. Not that I believe that will really work yet..

Winston, Ced, and Fisher all took turns giving up big sacks at RT. I'd rather have Andre Smith back. He'll also help in the run game...
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:

Winston, Ced, and Fisher all took turns giving up big sacks at RT. I'd rather have Andre Smith back. He'll also help in the run game...

I don't despise the idea. Seems somewhat like what we normally do

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:

I don't despise the idea. Seems somewhat like what we normally do

It's exactly our type of move. It wouldn't shock me.
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some notes to share today from an ESPN blog

*Re-signing Kirkpatrick has moved up as a big priority with the possibility of Jones being suspended. No surprise there

*Peko being resigned is up in the air. If he does come back, he may not be guaranteed a roster spot though, surprisingly. This really will depend on Billings health, and if the Bengals feel ready to give him lots of playing time.

*The following players are most likely not being brought back:

LB Karlos Dansby
DE Margus Hunt
DE Wallace Gilberry
CB Chykie Brown
theJ

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gilberry is the new dial a Crocker. He'll be back when someone is hurt.

And honestly he played pretty well down the stretch.

~T.S. Eliot
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
Gilberry is the new dial a Crocker. He'll be back when someone is hurt.

And honestly he played pretty well down the stretch.

He was our 2nd best DE this year. I wouldnt mind seeing him back. But you are right, he will be around for when we need him

ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Listened to the Bengals Beat Podcast today, few notes:

1. They can see us resigning Lafell to a year or 2, at the same price as this year. But said they may wait because of the idea that Mike Williams could be there at 9.

2. Torn on Rex Burkhead. They know the Bengals want him back, but they know he wants to get more carries. Said in a deep running back class they would be shocked if we didn't draft one, but expect Peerman back. said this is the most interesting position this offseason.

3. Said don't expect Eifert to get an extension this offseason. Said they will not extend him now with the back injury.

4. Think we will offer Whit 2/18 or 2/20 and expect him to be offseason priority 1 and get him resigned early.

5. Not sure what to expect with Zeitler. Said they can see him asking for 5/50 like Decastro and are unsure the Bengals will pay it. But with Fisher and Bodine on rookie deals, they can afford it. Said they might offer a deal they see fair and if he passes, they could turn and offer that money to Dre K. But they see Dre as more replaceable than Zeitler and the O line is most important.

6. Said Hunt and Peko are gone. Peko shocked me, but they said they know they need to move on.

7. Dansby is gone according to them.

8. No shock here, but said the Jones situation really screws up the Dre K situation. They were not sold on the Bengals cutting him, but think he could be suspended which could play a part in his release. But they seemed to think that Dennard is not that much of a downgrade from Dre so far and are high enough on Jackson to let Dre walk.

9. The pick at 9 will be a starter according to them. Said a DE is a known need and will be a pick in round 1 or 2. But WR and LB are also high on their list.

TheVillain112

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
6. Said Hunt and Peko are gone. Peko shocked me, but they said they know they need to move on.

You're getting my hopes up ocho. If we resign Peko, I'm going to be disappointed...
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:

You're getting my hopes up ocho. If we resign Peko, I'm going to be disappointed...

blame the beat writers of the Bengals. They said it, not saying it is all true. But when they talked about Peko being out the door, I was stunned.

But one can dream huh.

johndeere1707

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:

blame the beat writers of the Bengals. They said it, not saying it is all true. But when they talked about Peko being out the door, I was stunned.

But one can dream huh.

Gilberry and Peko will somehow end up on the roster at some point next year due to injuries/poor play. They will be the new Crockers

Thanks to mike23md for the sig
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:

But one can dream huh.

Gilberry and Peko will somehow end up on the roster at some point next year due to injuries/poor play. They will be the new Crockers

I don't deny that. They said that Thompson is still under contract for next year so they expect him around along with Billings and they want a full youth movement on the D line.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 4 of 33

Jump to: