Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 NFL Draft Prospects
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 52, 53, 54  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bobby816

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetfuel wrote:
I see the QB talk is pretty much dominating this thread. The one thing that no one talks about when it comes to QB is the OC. The OC is what really makes or breaks a young QB unless they are an elite one coming out i.e Manning, Luck.

I hope the jets do draft a QB and it is Chad Kelly. He has everything that a pro style QB needs. If they do not draft him I hope it is Brad Kaaya. I would stay very far away from Mitch Trubisky.
My last year ranks for QB was

Wentz
Dak
Goff (I have Goff in a distance from 2 too.)

Chad Kelly will get arrested before he throws an NFL TD.
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jag68Sid87 wrote:
I agree with that, which is why we should get Tony Romo. At the very least, we stop the debate about who is starting. That helps both Petty and Hackenberg, or whomever else we want to bring in via the draft or FA.

Those guys will probably play at some point if we can't keep Romo healthy, but otherwise they will sit. We get a Pro Bowl-caliber QB for a season or two, which can only help the entire organization. We become more respectable on offense, the younger QB's learn from one of the top throwers in the league, the young receivers get better, etc. etc.

Dude you may want Romo (I certainly don't) but Romo doesn't want us. Why in the world would Romo come to a broken down rebuilding team? He'll go to DEN, BUF, HOU basically anywhere before he considers the Jets.

We are not getting Romo and that's ok because we shouldn't.

Props to Mack on the sig

2017 FA want list
QB-Tyrod Taylor, CB-AJ Bouye, FS-Michael Thomas, OT-Luke Joeckel, OLB-Nick Perry, WR-Justin Hunter, ILB-Jon Bostic, SS-TJ McDonald, CB-Marcus Cooper
K-Ro 25

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I'll say it. I want Joe Mixon.

I believe one should NEVER hit a female, but the facts/video of the story show that the girl called him the n word as well as put her hands on him first. I'm sorry, I've been punched in the face by a girl over nothing before and just pushed her away so I wouldn't get in trouble, so there's NO excuse for hitting a women back, BUT in this case? You don't use that word and she initiated the violence with him.

He definitely has baggage and should be investigated in terms of what type of person he is, but if he's available in the 3rd round and checks out fine.. sign me up for a younger LeVeon Bell.

[Adopt-a-Jet: Braylon Edwards]
KingOfTheDot

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

K-Ro 25 wrote:

I believe one should NEVER hit a female, but the facts/video of the story show that the girl called him the n word as well as put her hands on him first. I'm sorry, I've been punched in the face by a girl over nothing before and just pushed her away so I wouldn't get in trouble, so there's NO excuse for hitting a women back, BUT in this case? You don't use that word and she initiated the violence with him.

He definitely has baggage and should be investigated in terms of what type of person he is, but if he's available in the 3rd round and checks out fine.. sign me up for a younger LeVeon Bell.

I want him as well.

From a football standpoint he's a perfect match with Powell and Forte. I'd love to have the ability keep teams guessing as to what you're running and he's good all around.

However the baggage and this team typically don't mesh. We can't even develop a young QB without a media storm so it's tough.

Mac was trying to trade up for a troubled OL in Laremy Tunsil, Bowles gave the ok on the Cardinals drafting Tyrann Mathieu so they have a history of being willing to work with troubled young men but domestic violence is a different issue and with the whole Ray Rice thing it's murky waters.

I think ultimately he's a day 3 pick by some team unless someone really loves him as a player and believes in him as a young man.

Quote:
@CRO31: @KellenWinslowJr you wish you were as good as your dad. Have you been to TARGET lately?
Rich51

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

K-Ro 25 wrote:

Third round, I want him too. That incident was over 2 years ago, he accepted responsibility, apologized and is still receiving counseling. He'll be just turning 21 at the start of training camp. Everybody deserves a second chance especially when they admit they were wrong, imo

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/18340581/oklahoma-sooners-rb-joe-mixon-apologizes-punching-woman-2014
http://es.pn/2hzsvSN
K-Ro 25

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich51 wrote:
K-Ro 25 wrote:

Third round, I want him too. That incident was over 2 years ago, he accepted responsibility, apologized and is still receiving counseling. He'll be just turning 21 at the start of training camp. Everybody deserves a second chance especially when they admit they were wrong, imo

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/18340581/oklahoma-sooners-rb-joe-mixon-apologizes-punching-woman-2014

Not even defending the action, but a white girl puts hand on a black guy and calls him the n word. Human instinct takes over. It's not like he's been back in jail multiple times.

We're a team with little stock in the cupboard, we need to take a risk for value in the draft. Guys like Mathieu and Tunsil have proven to be excellent value picks, despite off field issues. We're devoid of young talent. Njoku + Mixon in rounds 2/3 would infuse so much energy into this offense.

rampantjet

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetfuel wrote:
I see the QB talk is pretty much dominating this thread. The one thing that no one talks about when it comes to QB is the OC. The OC is what really makes or breaks a young QB unless they are an elite one coming out i.e Manning, Luck.

I hope the jets do draft a QB and it is Chad Kelly. He has everything that a pro style QB needs. If they do not draft him I hope it is Brad Kaaya. I would stay very far away from Mitch Trubisky.
My last year ranks for QB was

Wentz
Dak
Goff (I have Goff in a distance from 2 too.)

Haven't heard too many people who like Kaaya. Have you watched his tape? It isn't great imo. He might be the worst QB under pressure that i have seen in a while. Kelly is interesting but still not my favorite.
Bobby816

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

K-Ro 25 wrote:

Based on skill he might be the 3rd or 4th best RB in the draft. So I want him. What people have to remember is that video is from 2 years ago. I hope he's a more mature man now. When the appropriate time to target him in the tough spot. I keep wanting to put him in my mocks but I have no clue where to put him between Round 2 all the way to UDFA.
Revis4president

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

K-Ro 25 wrote:
Rich51 wrote:
K-Ro 25 wrote:

Not even defending the action, but a white girl puts hand on a black guy and calls him the n word. Human instinct takes over. It's not like he's been back in jail multiple times.

We're a team with little stock in the cupboard, we need to take a risk for value in the draft. Guys like Mathieu and Tunsil have proven to be excellent value picks, despite off field issues. We're devoid of young talent. Njoku + Mixon in rounds 2/3 would infuse so much energy into this offense.

I don't care what she said to him or if she touched him. Unless she takes a swing at you , there's no excuse for a guy to hit back. Don't make excuses for him.

Politics aside, the talent is there, and one thing we have done for years is pass up on talent whether the player had bad character or injury concerns in the draft process. We need to re arrange our draft strategy and take risks on talented players. If a player doesn't pan out because of character issues or injuries, I am honestly fine with swinging and missing. If a player isn't as talented as that player and we take him early, and he's a bust I am more unhappy.
rampantjet

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Revis4president wrote:
K-Ro 25 wrote:
Rich51 wrote:
K-Ro 25 wrote:

I don't care what she said to him or if she touched him. Unless she takes a swing at you , there's no excuse for a guy to hit back. Don't make excuses for him.

Politics aside, the talent is there, and one thing we have done for years is pass up on talent whether the player had bad character or injury concerns in the draft process. We need to re arrange our draft strategy and take risks on talented players. If a player doesn't pan out because of character issues or injuries, I am honestly fine with swinging and missing. If a player isn't as talented as that player and we take him early, and he's a bust I am more unhappy.

She did pretty much hit him, but ya, there is no excuse for what he did. 2 years worth of getting therapy can make a huge difference though.

Last edited by rampantjet on Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Bobby816

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's always some really good talent that slips to Day 2 in the 2nd round. Now that we can trade comp picks and hopefully collect a couple extra picks via trade I would like us to trade up possibly to the 1st pick of Day 2 for that fallen talent. Jack slipped last year, Landon Collins 2 years ago. They're worth giving up a mid round pick to move up a few spots to guarantee them.
JetFanSince85

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

K-Ro 25 wrote:
Rich51 wrote:
K-Ro 25 wrote:

Come on Bruh, the N-Word ? Hip Hop has glorified the word over 30 years ago. The word means ignorant.

I'm not going to make this a race issue, but the dude needs self control. Hitting a woman is a no no.

Don't make an excuse for the guy.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Change the topic.

JETS . HEAT . ATLANTA UNITED FC . GEORGIA STATE .
K-Ro 25

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JetFanSince85 wrote:
K-Ro 25 wrote:
Rich51 wrote:
K-Ro 25 wrote:

Come on Bruh, the N-Word ? Hip Hop has glorified the word over 30 years ago. The word means ignorant.

I'm not going to make this a race issue, but the dude needs self control. Hitting a woman is a no no.

Don't make an excuse for the guy.

Wow you are ignorant. If a white girl says the n word to me, I'll smack them into another country. It doesn't mean 'ignorant' it's a heart breaking word when a white person says it. You weren't put in chains on a bot and then thrown into section 8 housing after being enslaved so don't tell me that the word simply means ignorant and don't try to justify it by blaming hip hop. Get out of here kid.

I'm ending this here because I don't want to derail the thread, but the fact that you're defending the use of that word just made me lose all respect for you. End this topic and keep it on football because I'll lack the fortitude to remain orient here.

Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
Change the topic.

Yes guys, change the topic.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 52, 53, 54  Next
Page 48 of 54

Jump to: