Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

New York Giants @ Green Bay Packers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 79, 80, 81  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who wins?
New York Giants
34%
 34%  [ 29 ]
Green Bay Packers
65%
 65%  [ 55 ]
Total Votes : 84

DeepConvection

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Be Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
DeepConvection wrote:

That's what you said, not me. The statistics provided are also backed by the surrounding circumstances. In Ryan's case they are not.

It gets better lol.

"the statistics back up the surrounding circumstances". You decide that? Or rather how do the statistics for Rodgers back up the circumstances and for Ryan they don't?

Explain that...

That's been explained ad nauseum already. You can go back and read this thread (and the previous ones) if you'd like more information.
JustAnotherFan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the bell ringer wrote:
Another good point to talk about is...Aaron Rodgers..especially of late is a QB who if you do NOT at least apply pressure on...will rip you apart. Here are the 2016 team rankings for pressures on the QB.

[url][/url]https://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/total-team-defensive-hurries/2016/
1)Sportingcharts are a terrible site for this type of info in particular. For the most part they get they're info from sporadic sites and only look at game charts and not real game-to-game stats that accounts for injuries and such on both sides of the ball for example.

2) This is another reason why reading back on this topic, I just chuckle. Especially with people that are using they're own favorite teams injuries as an excuse and not accounting for the injuries on the other teams that they faced and the effects that THOSE injuries may have had on whether or not those injuries may have helped them look better than they actually were. It's hilarious.

But from what I have learned is that none those things matter when it comes to real context. The real context is to them is that they are the ONLY team injured Smile.
JustAnotherFan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="DeepConvection"]
DLF54927 wrote:
DannyB wrote:
CentralFC wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
DannyB wrote:
Wolverine_Joe wrote:
DeepConvection wrote:

Playoff Stat------Rodgers-----Brady
Completion %-------63.8%------62.3%
PPG-------------------28.0---------26.0
YPA-------------------7.39---------6.72
TD %-----------------5.78%------4.73%
INT %----------------1.71%------2.36%
QB Rating------------98.2---------88.0

kurt warner says hi. 102.8 QB rating, 66.45%, 304 yard avg, 29.6 ppg, 8.55ypa, etc.

i'm start to think you are not very bright. Not talking

Kurt Warner had some filthy playoff performances. His '09 WC game against the Packers might be the best individual QB postseason performance ever.
Man, I remember watching that and thinking Warner was literally unstoppable. So darn impressive that day.

I'll take Aaron's 2010-ATL game any day from an individual performance perspective. Warner did light us up in 2009 though. Easily a close second if I had to guess off the top of my head.

Dude, that's up there, but Kurt had two more TDs, similar comp%, similar yards, and like 14.5 (!!) AY/A.

Is that the game Fitz straight up trucked Woodson on a TD catch?
No that's the game that people don't blame Rodgers for even when he was trash 2 out of 5 quarters of it.
AlexGreen#20

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="JustAnotherFan"]
DeepConvection wrote:
DLF54927 wrote:
DannyB wrote:
CentralFC wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
DannyB wrote:
Wolverine_Joe wrote:
DeepConvection wrote:

kurt warner says hi. 102.8 QB rating, 66.45%, 304 yard avg, 29.6 ppg, 8.55ypa, etc.

Kurt Warner had some filthy playoff performances. His '09 WC game against the Packers might be the best individual QB postseason performance ever.
Man, I remember watching that and thinking Warner was literally unstoppable. So darn impressive that day.

I'll take Aaron's 2010-ATL game any day from an individual performance perspective. Warner did light us up in 2009 though. Easily a close second if I had to guess off the top of my head.

Dude, that's up there, but Kurt had two more TDs, similar comp%, similar yards, and like 14.5 (!!) AY/A.

No that's the game that people don't blame Rodgers for even when he was trash 2 out of 5 quarters of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZCbmc0IIM4
reckless123

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:07 am    Post subject: Re: Be Reply with quote

DeepConvection wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
DeepConvection wrote:

That's what you said, not me. The statistics provided are also backed by the surrounding circumstances. In Ryan's case they are not.

It gets better lol.

"the statistics back up the surrounding circumstances". You decide that? Or rather how do the statistics for Rodgers back up the circumstances and for Ryan they don't?

Explain that...

That's been explained ad nauseum already. You can go back and read this thread (and the previous ones) if you'd like more information.

I want you to explain the hypocrisy.

"I'm not in danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg
Pugger

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="AlexGreen#20"]
JustAnotherFan wrote:
DeepConvection wrote:
DLF54927 wrote:
DannyB wrote:
CentralFC wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
DannyB wrote:
Wolverine_Joe wrote:
DeepConvection wrote:

It still bothers me that this wasn't flagged but now Rodgers is better at sensing pressure in the pocket than he was back then. Our line is better today too.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DannyB wrote:
CentralFC wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
DannyB wrote:
Wolverine_Joe wrote:
DeepConvection wrote:

I know, that's why I said individual performance, not statistical performance. The contextual differences between the two games is obvious enough that I don't need to go too far into it, but Rodgers' performance on the road against the #1 seed and without a legitimate run game/tight end was more impressive than Warner's masterpiece against Green Bay's atrocious 2009 secondary. I saw both games, watched both games 4x-5x since, and I'll say it without reservation. AR did things in that game that elevate him over other modern quarterbacks. His escapability and improvisational ability was on full display--Warner just shredded us, kind of like Ben Roethlisberger did a few weeks earlier and Favre did twice that season.
DeepConvection

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="JustAnotherFan"]
DeepConvection wrote:
DLF54927 wrote:
DannyB wrote:
CentralFC wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
DannyB wrote:
Wolverine_Joe wrote:
DeepConvection wrote:

^^ Talking about one of the best playoff performances of all-time by a QB. As a matter of fact, if the refs had done their job in calling the helmet to helmet hit on Rodgers 2 plays prior, which both announcers noted should have been called, it was about to end as the largest playoff comeback in NFL history considering how Rodgers was tearing through the Cardinals' defense.
DeepConvection

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Be Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
DeepConvection wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
DeepConvection wrote:

It gets better lol.

Explain that...

I want you to explain the hypocrisy.

As if that's even possible when there is none. If you want to know why that is so badly, you're going to have to bite the bullet and go back and read it all for yourself. I'm not wasting my time typing it all over again just because reckless123 is too lazy to do some light reading.

In fact, at this point, you should already be paying me for these lessons.
DeepConvection

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Pugger"]
AlexGreen#20 wrote:
JustAnotherFan wrote:
DeepConvection wrote:
DLF54927 wrote:
DannyB wrote:
CentralFC wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
DannyB wrote:
Wolverine_Joe wrote:
DeepConvection wrote:

It still bothers me that this wasn't flagged but now Rodgers is better at sensing pressure in the pocket than he was back then. Our line is better today too.

It shouldn't have even gotten to that point. The Cardinals committed a helmet to helmet hit on Rodgers 2 plays prior. Wasn't called. Then that ^ happened.
CentralFC

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well had Rodgers hit Jennings on the first play of OT we wouldn't be having this discussion Laughing

that said, the loss proved to be quite the leaping board into the 2010 postseason
DeepConvection

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
Well had Rodgers hit Jennings on the first play of OT we wouldn't be having this discussion Laughing

that said, the loss proved to be quite the leaping board into the 2010 postseason

That's not on Rodgers. Rolle was beat on the play and briefly held onto Jennings' left arm, disrupting and slowing his route, which is why we saw the ball just miss Jennings' fingers. The ref wasn't even looking. Without that slick route disruption by Rolle, that well-thrown ball is in stride for the game-winning walk-off TD.
JustAnotherFan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="DeepConvection"]
JustAnotherFan wrote:
DeepConvection wrote:
DLF54927 wrote:
DannyB wrote:
CentralFC wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
DannyB wrote:
Wolverine_Joe wrote:
DeepConvection wrote:

^^ Talking about one of the best playoff performances of all-time by a QB.
Laughing He wasn't even the best QB in that game alone.

DeepConvection wrote:
As a matter of fact, if the refs had done their job in calling the helmet to helmet hit on Rodgers 2 plays prior, which both announcers noted should have been called, it was about to end as the largest playoff comeback in NFL history considering how Rodgers was tearing through the Cardinals' defense.
So the refs caused Rodgers to play poorly in 3 out of 5 quarters? It was the refs fault that Rodgers turn the ball over and missed open targets that led to a 17-0 deficit? It was the refs fault that Rodgers failed to complete a single pass on 3rd down the entire first half? It was the refs fault that Rodgers again overthrew another targets in OT? I guess it was the refs that also caused Rodgers to fumble the game away to huh?

DeepConvection wrote:
That's not on Rodgers. Rolle was beat on the play and briefly held onto Jennings' left arm, disrupting and slowing his route, which is why we saw the ball just miss Jennings' fingers. The ref wasn't even looking. Without that slick route disruption by Rolle, that well-thrown ball is in stride for the game-winning walk-off TD.

https://vid.me/ZTYi
Eh?

[removed]
RodgersGOAT

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of all the Rodgers performances in the playoffs you could knock you chose his first ever playoff game on the road where he put up 45 points.

Good effort.
Pats#1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeepConvection wrote:
CentralFC wrote:

I'm shocked

WE'RE ON TO 2016

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 79, 80, 81  Next
Page 80 of 81

Jump to: