Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jalen Ramsey vs. Marcus Peters
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Ramsey vs. Peters
Ramsey
40%
 40%  [ 12 ]
Peters
60%
 60%  [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 30

FreeDaJags

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:39 am    Post subject: Jalen Ramsey vs. Marcus Peters Reply with quote

Who would you rather have going forward?
BullsonParade

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too early.

Peters has one year on Ramsey. In his second season, Peters is already 1st team All Pro.

This is a better comparison in about a couple of years once both guys have had a few more years of experience. Because right now the obvious answer is Peters, but that may only be because he has had that one extra year of experience.

Texans, Rockets, Longhorns, Cubs, Blackhawks
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BullsonParade wrote:
Too early.

Peters has one year on Ramsey. In his second season, Peters is already 1st team All Pro.

This is a better comparison in about a couple of years once both guys have had a few more years of experience. Because right now the obvious answer is Peters, but that may only be because he has had that one extra year of experience.

This^

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well we see they are two different kinds of players, that's not going to change. This is basically a question of who you think will end up being better, which is why I said who would you take long term, not right now.
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FreeDaJags wrote:
Well we see they are two different kinds of players, that's not going to change. This is basically a question of who you think will end up being better, which is why I said who would you take long term, not right now.

There's still a problem with that when they're at different stages of their careers, though. Peters is an all-pro NOW. So if I take Peters, I have a 100% chance of getting an all-pro CB. With Ramsey, even if I'm REALLY high on Ramsey, and believe that he is going to become a truly elite CB, the chance of Ramsey becoming an all-pro caliber CB is still going to be somewhere less than 100%. Even if you think Ramsey will be better, it's a poor choice statistically.

This question is fine if they're at the same stage of development in their careers, but that's not the case. You're asking if you'd rather take the young CB who might become elite or the young CB who already is elite. It's just not really a fair comparison.

You'd be better off phrasing it as, who do you think has the better career, as opposed to who would you prefer to have going forward. You're presenting it as a team building question, which greatly favors the more known commodity.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, who do you think will have the better career is basically what I'm getting at.
49ereasons

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jakuvious wrote:
You'd be better off phrasing it as, who do you think has the better career, as opposed to who would you prefer to have going forward. You're presenting it as a team building question, which greatly favors the more known commodity.

Seems like semantics to me, wouldn't you choose the same guy regardless of the question?

If I believe Jalen Ramsey is gonna have a better career, I'd pick him going forward and vice versa. I can't see a situation where I'd rather have the guy that I don't think will have the better career.

Take all the information you have (including Peters playing x more games) and make a decision. I think you phrased the question just fine. A large portion of this forum is speculation and that's fine.
tom cody

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peters

Courtesy of an online joke search
Action Jackson

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still feel like Ramsey is a better fit at FS. If I need a CB give me Peters. If I need a FS give me Ramsey.

EL ramster on the sig!
Rich7sena

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Action Jackson wrote:
I still feel like Ramsey is a better fit at FS. If I need a CB give me Peters. If I need a FS give me Ramsey.

Nah, putting Ramsey at safety in this stage of his career would be a waste. I like Ramsey going forward better than Peters. Peters was my #1 corner and 10th overall prospect when he was coming out (pro comp: Richard Sherman): http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=564315

But Ramsey was my #1 overall player last draft season and I believe he played to that level (not to say he had a better rookie season than Bosa). I view Ramsey as a player who can travel more and do more things for a defense than Peters can, who is best served as a single side perimeter corner.
BayRaider

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ramsey. But I prefer shut down corners over primarily play making CBs with good coverage.
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peters.

Thanks to UniversalAuthor for the Sidney Crosby sig
JustAnotherFan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BayRaider wrote:
Ramsey. But I prefer shut down corners over primarily play making CBs with good coverage.
Ramsey is not a shutdown corner though? Being targeted 84 times this season and tied 3rd most in the NFL with Mcourty, and only behind Hargraves and Amerson (85/95) is anything but a shutdown corner.
.Buzz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustAnotherFan wrote:
BayRaider wrote:
Ramsey is not a shutdown corner though? Being targeted 84 times this season and tied 3rd most in the NFL with Mcourty, and only behind Hargraves and Amerson (85/95) is anything but a shutdown corner.

Did you see just how little production he gave up? Who cares how many times he got targeted.

El Ramster on the sig
JustAnotherFan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.Buzz wrote:
JustAnotherFan wrote:
BayRaider wrote:

Did you see just how little production he gave up? Who cares how many times he got targeted.
It matters because I was responding to the person that called hima shutdown corner and I simply pointed out as to why he is not. That is all.

I was not knocking his play this year just because I was stating that he isn't a shutdown corner. There are no more shutdown corners in this league.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: