Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chargers expected to move to Los Angeles
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DigInBoys

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AkronsWitness wrote:
powderblues wrote:
kyle21121 wrote:
powderblues wrote:
AkronsWitness wrote:
So the non football city gets not only 1 team that that cant sell out games to, but 2?

Makes sense. If you put a stadium in Montana or New Mexico it would do better than 2 LA teams.

Thats what I was thinking. Utah would be another good location. Already strong following for the Utah Utes. So you do have a football element there. Great football weather. At least pick somewhere new, not L.A.

The no home games on Sunday thing may be a deal breaker Laughing

Eh. They can find a solution, same as how they're already trying to push games in other countries. I'm sure they can make it work.

I mean, the Broncos by far cast the widest net in terms of fans and reach. Your telling me you couldnt squeeze another team SOMEWHERE in those 6 states that consider themselves Broncos fans?

Hell put a team in Salt Lake City like you said or even Boise, Idaho.

If you can put a team in Buffalo, NY--you can put a team in Boise. They are nearly identical in size and population, plus you would get fans from the entire states of Montana and Wyoming as well as Nevada.

The Boise team could be like Buffalo West lol

This is really flawed logic.

The Bills draw from all of upstate NY, even as far as Toronto which alone would be the 3rd or 4th largest metro in the US.

Then it's also about corporate sponsorship. I'm sure the state of NY has more corporate money than Idaho..
kyle21121

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohiogenius wrote:
kyle21121 wrote:
Heimdallr wrote:
@ProFootballTalk 11m11 minutes ago
Los Angeles Chargers plan to play at 30,000-seat StubHub Center in 2017-18

what? really?

Well you won't see 60,000 empty seats like at Rams games.

Why not though? Sell outs every game, crazy environment. It may not be as bad as you are thinking.

This is where the Galexy play, right?

Is that even economical? Id assume youd be getting some massive ticket price increases as well. Which I guess someone in LA could afford.

Yea that would be the case because it's not like they were only selling 30,000 tix in a 90,000 and then making the move I'm assuming you will be gauged severely with tix, parking, food/drink, etc. Regardless because it is a move and the city would now have a professional football team to root for and attend games.

Not the perfect example but the Montreal Allouttes of the CFL played in Olympic stadium of 70-80k people but we're only selling about 25k tix and it inspired a move to a smaller field the Argo's also of the CFL for different reasons mainly due to the bluejays wanting to convert the surface moves from a 50k stadium at the Sky Dome to BMO field which is 25-30k people and has worked much better.

This situation of the move to Carson just to have to play in a 30k person stadium may not be the best move right off the bat but depending on the product at the end of the season they COULD be 11-5 and it being a bad situation however they COULD also be 5-11 and barely get the 30k filled in the end. It is also only temporary and if they are a fun somewhat competitive team that is at least in the race a full stadium at 30k rather than 65k of 90k in the final few games would be quite nice.

That's my general thinking on a 30k football stadium.
Marc MacGyver

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No real surprise... (x2 in LA) It will be interesting to see how they coexist from a business standpoint?

Hope the Raiders stay in Oakland, it'd be weird associating them with Vegas.
kyle21121

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DigInBoys wrote:
AkronsWitness wrote:
powderblues wrote:
kyle21121 wrote:
powderblues wrote:
AkronsWitness wrote:
So the non football city gets not only 1 team that that cant sell out games to, but 2?

Makes sense. If you put a stadium in Montana or New Mexico it would do better than 2 LA teams.

Thats what I was thinking. Utah would be another good location. Already strong following for the Utah Utes. So you do have a football element there. Great football weather. At least pick somewhere new, not L.A.

Eh. They can find a solution, same as how they're already trying to push games in other countries. I'm sure they can make it work.

I mean, the Broncos by far cast the widest net in terms of fans and reach. Your telling me you couldnt squeeze another team SOMEWHERE in those 6 states that consider themselves Broncos fans?

If you can put a team in Buffalo, NY--you can put a team in Boise. They are nearly identical in size and population, plus you would get fans from the entire states of Montana and Wyoming as well as Nevada.

The Bills draw from all of upstate NY, even as far as Toronto which alone would be the 3rd or 4th largest metro in the US.

Then it's also about corporate sponsorship. I'm sure the state of NY has more corporate money than Idaho..

I just want to point out that Toronto being "Bills country" is largely a myth. I'm sure there are Bills fan that live there but I don't know of any also Canadian ratings don't count towards US ratings anyways.
MemphisEagles

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AkronsWitness wrote:
powderblues wrote:
kyle21121 wrote:
powderblues wrote:
AkronsWitness wrote:

One thing I'll point out is south western Tennessee, mainly Shelby County aka Memphis and its suburbs, should be continued from Cowboy territory. This is not Titans country at all.

If you were to get ten random people in Shelby county, 4 would be Cowboys fans, 4 would be Steelers fans, 1 would be a Titans fan and then the last one would be any random team not listed. Popular teams among those being the Giants, Patriots, Eagles, 49ers, Colts, Broncos, Packers, Bears, Falcons, and Saints.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are now 2 NFL teams in a city that I'm not sure will support 1. Sometimes this league boggles my mind.

Heartbroken for the diehard Chargers fans. Wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. Such a [inappropriate/removed] scam

2015 Adopt-A-Brown:
Joe Thomas, GOAT
Christian Kirksey, ILB
LeeEvans

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughable. I hope the NFL fails miserably in LA once again. Sucks for Chargers fans, I never like to see anyone lose their team.

The night is dark and full of terrors.
Sacrifice … is never easy, Davos. Or it is no true sacrifice.
ChazStandard

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rivers has been pretty clear about not wanting to play in LA, assuming he waves his no trade clause, where does he end up? Or will the Chargers release him?

The LA Chargers, suddenly in the hunt for a big name, could become a player in the Tony Romo sweepstakes.
2016 - Julian Edelman WR: Rec: 98 Yds: 1106 TD: 3
gopherwrestler

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the rebranding talk, you think if they were to do so they would want to do it immediately, not after their first season in LA.

Do it with the move, set a market with it, and hammer it out. Try and make some big offseason move and gain some fans with all the San Diego fans appalled.

“Once you’ve wrestled, everything else in life is easy.”
-Dan Gable
KingBishop

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gopherwrestler wrote:
With the rebranding talk, you think if they were to do so they would want to do it immediately, not after their first season in LA.

Do it with the move, set a market with it, and hammer it out. Try and make some big offseason move and gain some fans with all the San Diego fans appalled.

Los Angles Leprechauns would be a good name.

David Njoku, Jourdan Lewis, Steven Taylor, Tedric Thompson, Marlon Mack, Brian Hill, OJ Howard, Jamal Adams, Malik Hooker, Marcus Williams, Eddie Jackson

Deforest Buckner is the best player in the 2016 draft class
sdrawkcab321

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They'll be back in a few years.

2016 Adopt A Brown: Al Saunders
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is there any info on what the name change might be?

or they just staying The Chargers?

Minnesota Vikings 2016 Preseason Division Champs!
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyle21121 wrote:
DigInBoys wrote:
AkronsWitness wrote:
powderblues wrote:
kyle21121 wrote:
powderblues wrote:
AkronsWitness wrote:

I just want to point out that Toronto being "Bills country" is largely a myth. I'm sure there are Bills fan that live there but I don't know of any also Canadian ratings don't count towards US ratings anyways.

Toronto may not be Bills country but Ontario on average likely is. Close to 25% of the seats at the Ralph on Sundays are occupied by Canadians. I for one live North of Guelph Ontario and have about a 3hr drive to Buffalo but still go to 3-4 games a year when I can.

I think the myth is created because when people here I'm from Canada they just assume Toronto Laughing

Thank you NickChowaniec!

Draft Wish List:
1. Corey Davis/Mike Williams
2. Adoree Jackson
3. Joe Mixon
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the NFL not being in San Diego or Oakland is just so wrong.

This is going to fail epically

Thank you NickChowaniec!

Draft Wish List:
1. Corey Davis/Mike Williams
2. Adoree Jackson
3. Joe Mixon
Malik

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless a billionaire from one of these middle of nowhere states/cities/towns buys one of these teams they are never going to go to one of those locations you guys keep suggesting. Can't just put a team in the middle of nowhere "out of fairness." Virginia Beach is easily the best unexplored market anyway.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 4 of 23

Jump to: