Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tell me about Kevin Minter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jason_Bengal_Fl

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:19 pm    Post subject: Tell me about Kevin Minter Reply with quote

Will sign with the Bengals. What is he good at?
What is he bad at?
Why did you not re-sign him?

Thanks.
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always liked Minter but I am also biased because he was one of, if not my favorite player coming out of his draft year. But that being said, I don't think he ever reached his full potential here. Two down linebacker, decent thumper type. Occassionally flashed brilliant A gap pressure but never did it consistently. I'm not sure if we ever gave him a fair chance. Hope he does well for you guys.

He should slot into Dansby's role for you guys, I'm not sure what I would expect from him honestly.

#JDI
Cards_FTW

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably closer to Maualuga than Dansby as a player. Limited athlete, can't cover. Injury problems early in his career, though he's been reliable the last 2 years in that regard. He's JAG at MIKE IMO. Effort is there, reliable tackler, just too limited athletically to be anything more. Would've had no problem with him returning for the same(or lesser) role, but after Dansby was signed there wasn't a spot. Not a "bust", but for me Minter was a disappointment for where he was drafted, and moving on from him makes me think the ties to his former LSU teammates(Peterson/Mathieu) weren't as significant as I thought they were.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: