Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Build Your Own Mock - Using 4 Round NFL.com Mock
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NudeTayne

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justin_perkins wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
justin_perkins wrote:
#1. Myles Garrett, DE, TAMU

#12 Traded to TB for picks #16 & 47

#16. DeShone Kizer, QB, Notre Dame

#33 Traded for #39 & #70

#39. Montravius Adams, DT, Auburn

#47. Adoree Jackson, CB, USC

#52. Taylor Moton, T, WMU

#65. Jake Butt, TE, Michigan

#70. Dawuane Smoot, DE, Illinois

#108 & 6th round pick Traded for #111 & #117

#111. Marcus Maye, S, Florida

#117. Anthony Walker, ILB, Northwestern

That is so bad, I feel the need to start a GoFundMe page to help it's family cope with the shame.

Share the link, we'll all pitch in.

It's horrific to even think about.

I just did this for fun since you guys have so many picks. Maybe you could help me out and inform me why you don't like those selections.

Generational edge talent, qb of the future, and future starters at positions that could use players

I'll bite. Most do not want Kizer at all unless he falls in the draft, but the part that makes me discount the whole thing is the impossible trades. We all want more free picks, but no one is giving pick 47 to move from 16 to 12. I also don't like the Adams pick and Butt's injury was too serious to grab him that high in such a deep TE draft--likely will last until the fourth though can't be sure. Smoot would be our fourth young high pick at DE and will not happen. Most in here don't like Maye at all. I think that covers it. Thanks for the effort and will look forward to your next effort.
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NudeTayne wrote:
justin_perkins wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
justin_perkins wrote:

#33 Traded for #39 & #70

That is so bad, I feel the need to start a GoFundMe page to help it's family cope with the shame.

I just did this for fun since you guys have so many picks. Maybe you could help me out and inform me why you don't like those selections.

Generational edge talent, qb of the future, and future starters at positions that could use players

I'll bite. Most do not want Kizer at all unless he falls in the draft, but the part that makes me discount the whole thing is the impossible trades. We all want more free picks, but no one is giving pick 47 to move from 16 to 12. I also don't like the Adams pick and Butt's injury was too serious to grab him that high in such a deep TE draft--likely will last until the fourth though can't be sure. Smoot would be our fourth young high pick at DE and will not happen. Most in here don't like Maye at all. I think that covers it. Thanks for the effort and will look forward to your next effort.

Lol, that about sums it up.

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
NudeTayne

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
NudeTayne wrote:
justin_perkins wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
justin_perkins wrote:

#33 Traded for #39 & #70

Very Happy
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
NudeTayne wrote:
justin_perkins wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
justin_perkins wrote:

#33 Traded for #39 & #70

I would add:

Too early for Adams (no DT outside of Allen is worth picking in the 1st 2 rounds IMO)

Adoree Jackson lacks the ball skills and physicality to take here. I honestly feel he would have a better career playing offense. This is a list of all the CBs I would take over Jackson, if available (in no particular order):
    Sidney Jones
    Tre'Davious White
    Gareon Conley
    Teez Tabor
    Chidobe Awuzie
    Cordrea Tankersley
    Cameron Sutton

Moton is too early for an OT for my tastes. I will kick my dog if we draft another offensive lineman early after spending so many high picks and so much money on the line.

I have no use for Anthony Walker, either. Dominique Alexander is fine as our depth ILB.
H2ThaIzzo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Myles Garrett DE
12. O.J. Howard TE
33.Budda Baker FS
52. Juju Smith-Schuster WR
65. Sidney Jones CB
108. Larry Ogunjobi DT

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

freakygeniuskid wrote:
1a.) Myles Garrett, DE Texas A&M
1b.) O.J. Howard, TE, Bama
2a.) Obi Melifonwu, FS/CB, UConn
2b.) Evan Engram, Slot WR/TE, Ole Miss
3.) Antonio Garcia, OT, Troy
4.) Marcus Williams, S, Utah

Alright, fixed both our safety spots (albeit with two more coverage oriented guys) and our middle-of-the-field receiving issue. Engram becomes our default slot receiver with Howard the lead TE. We could put Barnidge on the field too and be able to run with seven dedicated blockers and solid run blocking receivers or put six guys out into routes. It would be crazy hard to block. Garrett upgrades the pass rush and I just think Garcia is too good to pass on there, future heir for Thomas and current competition for the RT job.

I don't understand why people think Barnridge is a good blocker? He really is not a blocking TE. The Browns do not need another slot TE they already have Barnridge & Devalve to be slot TE they don't need another.
H2ThaIzzo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tbone32 wrote:
freakygeniuskid wrote:
1a.) Myles Garrett, DE Texas A&M
1b.) O.J. Howard, TE, Bama
2a.) Obi Melifonwu, FS/CB, UConn
2b.) Evan Engram, Slot WR/TE, Ole Miss
3.) Antonio Garcia, OT, Troy
4.) Marcus Williams, S, Utah

Alright, fixed both our safety spots (albeit with two more coverage oriented guys) and our middle-of-the-field receiving issue. Engram becomes our default slot receiver with Howard the lead TE. We could put Barnidge on the field too and be able to run with seven dedicated blockers and solid run blocking receivers or put six guys out into routes. It would be crazy hard to block. Garrett upgrades the pass rush and I just think Garcia is too good to pass on there, future heir for Thomas and current competition for the RT job.

I don't understand why people think Barnridge is a good blocker? He really is not a blocking TE. The Browns do not need another slot TE they already have Barnridge & Devalve to be slot TE they don't need another.

Engram would be a major mismatch vs nearly every team. Also at the end of round 2, he arguably will be the BPA. Devalve is athletic, but he barely saw the field. Barnidge is a good dude, but his best years aren't ahead. OJ Howard didn't start for 4 years at Alabama without being a willing and capable blocker.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

H2ThaIzzo wrote:
1. Myles Garrett DE
12. O.J. Howard TE
33.Budda Baker FS
65. Sidney Jones CB
108. Larry Ogunjobi DT

Would love this draft, but I think with very few 300+ DTs rated top 75, and free agent run stuffers getting $10M and up per year, that Ogunjobi is going long before round 4. If Justin Evans were still around after 2 days, that would be my choice.

Cody and Juju back together again?

If you're going to punt on QB for a year, this would be a good way to do it.
candyman93

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

H2ThaIzzo wrote:
1. Myles Garrett DE
12. O.J. Howard TE
33.Budda Baker FS
65. Sidney Jones CB
108. Larry Ogunjobi DT

Hope to God Ogunjobi slips that far. He'd be PERFECT for Greg Williams 3-Tech.

NFL.com compared him to Rankins last year. I agree and he will be a difference maker in 2-3 years.

2016 Adopt a Brownie - Joe Schoebert & Christian Kirksey
candyman93

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
H2ThaIzzo wrote:
1. Myles Garrett DE
12. O.J. Howard TE
33.Budda Baker FS
65. Sidney Jones CB
108. Larry Ogunjobi DT

Would love this draft, but I think with very few 300+ DTs rated top 75, and free agent run stuffers getting $10M and up per year, that Ogunjobi is going long before round 4. If Justin Evans were still around after 2 days, that would be my choice.

I like Juju because he's crazy AF when he plays.

2016 Adopt a Brownie - Joe Schoebert & Christian Kirksey
H2ThaIzzo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
H2ThaIzzo wrote:
1. Myles Garrett DE
12. O.J. Howard TE
33.Budda Baker FS
65. Sidney Jones CB
108. Larry Ogunjobi DT

I didn't account for a trade up in this, but I'd definitely give up something to move up and get him earlier.

Also, I'm cool with grabbing Kaaya or Chad Kelly later on. I really like Kelly. he is a knucklehead, but it's not drug use like Manziel, I think he's got similar talent to Trubisky just is going to go much later because of the immaturity issues while he was in college.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the top 11 fell like this mock, meaning no QB's, I'd strongly consider trading back into the late first round and try to land an additional 2nd round pick. I'm just not very high on the guys available in the 12th pick. I know folks love rueben foster, but I'm leery of him. At least two concussions on an LB?? History of shoulder injuries? 6'0" 229?? So a small LB with weak shoulders and a soft noodle...Nah... Then add in the tantrum he threw at the combine. Bama primadonna?
Now, I stay at 12 if a couple QB's are taken in the top 11. I'd bet my wife the Jets are taking a QB at 6. They sign J. Mcown on a one year deal...screams one year mentor and starter for drafted heir-apparent.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the top 11 fell like this mock, meaning no QB's, I'd strongly consider trading back into the late first round and try to land an additional 2nd round pick. I'm just not very high on the guys available in the 12th pick. I know folks love rueben foster, but I'm leery of him. At least two concussions on an LB?? History of shoulder injuries? 6'0" 229?? So a small LB with weak shoulders and a soft noodle...Nah... Then add in the tantrum he threw at the combine. Bama primadonna?
Now, I stay at 12 if a couple QB's are taken in the top 11. I'd bet my wife the Jets are taking a QB at 6. They sign J. Mcown on a one year deal...screams one year mentor and starter for drafted heir-apparent.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: