Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Raider Draft Thread 2.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 39, 40, 41  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys. This is the last time I'm going to say it. Stick to football when it comes to Mixon. Next time I'm handing out warnings. I've said it many times, and obviously that hasn't made a difference. I understand that he's an interesting case, and the situation kind of straddles the line for football discussion, but the long chat that was had earlier about DV is not what FF is meant for.

Donald Penn watched practice tape of Mack getting inches from ground & beating him for sack, then looked at Tice. Tice: Ive got nothing.
holyghost

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raiders draft visits and/or meetings and rumors so far:

Taywan Taylor
Isaac Asiata
Raekwon McMillan
Mike Williams
Rudy Ford
Keith Kelsey
Chidobe Awuzie
Zach Cunningham
Jabrill Peppers
Wayne Gallman
Josh Carraway
Tanoh Kpassagnon
Greg Ward
Samaje Perine
Christian McCaffrey
Jordan Morgan
Julie'n Davenport
Montae Nicholson
Caleb Brantley
James Conner
Dalvin Cook
Corn Elder
Keionta Davis
Harvey Langi
Dalvin Tomlinson
John Johnson

This is a very loose list based on actual visits down to just random scout/"source" rumors. Nothing official whatsoever.
Rich7sena

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
No way is he worth our 1st. Too many players at other positions that our 1st would be better spent on. I don't think he's worth our 2nd as there is too much depth without red flags. I'd take Hunt in the 2nd before Mixon and Hunt will be there.
Fournette
McCaffery
Cook
Mixon
Hunt
is how I'd rate them but for PR reasons I'd take Hunt over Mixon if it's before the 3rd round.

I rank Mixon as the best back in this class so your rankings are moot.
Rich7sena

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To divert the subject a bit, I've been watching Houston linebacker Tyus Bowser over the last couple months (I took him on my Not Mock Draft team) and have always viewed him as a strong side linebacker. The more I watch, the more I see a guy who's best suited to play at the second level and less on the edge (although he'd among the best blitzes at the position).

I think it's realistic to consider Bowser int he 2nd for the Raiders. To me, he's a more controlled and refined Jarrad Davis who's better suited to play WLB. I'd love to go Melifonwu and Bowser in the first and second rounds.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich7sena wrote:
To divert the subject a bit, I've been watching Houston linebacker Tyus Bowser over the last couple months (I took him on my Not Mock Draft team) and have always viewed him as a strong side linebacker. The more I watch, the more I see a guy who's best suited to play at the second level and less on the edge (although he'd among the best blitzes at the position).

I think it's realistic to consider Bowser int he 2nd for the Raiders. To me, he's a more controlled and refined Jarrad Davis who's better suited to play WLB. I'd love to go Melifonwu and Bowser in the first and second rounds.

I think I'm leaning towards Obi in the first too. Really interesting player. Ted Nguyen posted a slew of tweets about him today too:

https://twitter.com/RaidersAnalysis/status/843586454487949313

https://twitter.com/RaidersAnalysis/status/843586795203780608

https://twitter.com/RaidersAnalysis/status/843587106966401024

these are the first three but just look at his feed and there's a bunch more

Donald Penn watched practice tape of Mack getting inches from ground & beating him for sack, then looked at Tice. Tice: Ive got nothing.
BigD1123

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SBXISBXVSBXVIII wrote:
BigD1123 wrote:
I still like Ben Boulware. He is gonna be awesome and HE WILL BE A RAIDER!!!! Even if it's just on Maddedn

Your homerism is rearing its ugly head again Laughing

Hehe shhh
BigD1123

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigD1123 wrote:
SBXISBXVSBXVIII wrote:
BigD1123 wrote:
I still like Ben Boulware. He is gonna be awesome and HE WILL BE A RAIDER!!!! Even if it's just on Maddedn

Hehe shhh

Also in case you wanted to know. My ps4 says we are drafting Williams and Gallman as well. Wink
G

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich7sena wrote:
G wrote:
No way is he worth our 1st. Too many players at other positions that our 1st would be better spent on. I don't think he's worth our 2nd as there is too much depth without red flags. I'd take Hunt in the 2nd before Mixon and Hunt will be there.
Fournette
McCaffery
Cook
Mixon
Hunt
is how I'd rate them but for PR reasons I'd take Hunt over Mixon if it's before the 3rd round.

I rank Mixon as the best back in this class so your rankings are moot.

moot
mo͞ot/Submit
adjective
subject to debate, dispute, or uncertainty, and typically not admitting of a final decision.
I think everything we post on a site is moot but....We still do it. Razz

You remind me of a client I work with. He'll keep repeating something over and over and over as if it would make it true. Difference is this is still up for debate (moot) because the 'event'/draft hasn't happened yet. The client will repeat a lie and convince himself and then 'try' or annoy to convince others. He usually won't stop until he gets what he wants or the other clients had enough and tell him off/kick him out/etc...
I know my issue is I wasn't spanked enough as a kid so I've got a bit of a tongue sometimes that plays into my passive aggressive behaviors. It's the sociopath in me. Shhh

PS I'd welcome Mixon even if he was our 1st. Just don't think it would be wise and if it didn't work out it would cost Reggie his job.
raidr4life

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Rich7sena wrote:

I think I'm leaning towards Obi in the first too. Really interesting player. Ted Nguyen posted a slew of tweets about him today too:

https://twitter.com/RaidersAnalysis/status/843586454487949313

https://twitter.com/RaidersAnalysis/status/843586795203780608

https://twitter.com/RaidersAnalysis/status/843587106966401024

these are the first three but just look at his feed and there's a bunch more
Obi is a Safety who is a surprising athlete, not an athlete trying to play safety ala Peppers.
riceraider8080

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigD1123 wrote:
SBXISBXVSBXVIII wrote:
BigD1123 wrote:

Hehe shhh

I also love Boulware as a player. He's not the greatest LBer but he'll lead a defense for a longtime IMO...he reminds me ALOT of Greg Beikert...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigD1123 wrote:
SBXISBXVSBXVIII wrote:
BigD1123 wrote:

Hehe shhh

I also love Boulware as a player. He's not the greatest LBer but he'll lead a defense for a longtime IMO...he reminds me ALOT of Greg Beikert...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
moot
mo͞ot/Submit
adjective
subject to debate, dispute, or uncertainty, and typically not admitting of a final decision.
I think everything we post on a site is moot but....We still do it. Razz

You remind me of a client I work with. He'll keep repeating something over and over and over as if it would make it true. Difference is this is still up for debate (moot) because the 'event'/draft hasn't happened yet. The client will repeat a lie and convince himself and then 'try' or annoy to convince others. He usually won't stop until he gets what he wants or the other clients had enough and tell him off/kick him out/etc...
I know my issue is I wasn't spanked enough as a kid so I've got a bit of a tongue sometimes that plays into my passive aggressive behaviors. It's the sociopath in me. Shhh

PS I'd welcome Mixon even if he was our 1st. Just don't think it would be wise and if it didn't work out it would cost Reggie his job.

I don't understand how your analogy applies here, but ok.

Your original claim was Mixon doesn't deserve to be the Raiders' first round pick because:
Quote:
Too many players at other positions that our 1st would be better spent on.

This isn't something I didn't dispute; Mixon isn't at the top of my list of first possible picks at 24 (he's #5 or so). I merely wrote:
Quote:
I've already stated I wouldn't mind taking him in the first round if [he checked out as a person]

You them listed your runningback rankings, which had Mixon as the 4th best player at the position. This completely undermines my initial claim (I wouldn't mind taking him in round 1) because your rankings don't reflect mine. Thus, your main data point isn't really evidence at all, but just another claim - and thus moot.
SBXISBXVSBXVIII

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigD1123 wrote:
BigD1123 wrote:
SBXISBXVSBXVIII wrote:
BigD1123 wrote:

Hehe shhh

Also in case you wanted to know. My ps4 says we are drafting Williams and Gallman as well. Wink

Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doing mocks on draftwired and reddit I always like the results most when I trade back and pick up and extra 2nd and 3rd, rather than stay put and draft someone like Conley, Obi, Bolles, or Cunningham. I'll usually end up with something like:

Joe Mixon
Marcus Williams
Raekwon McMillan
Corn Elder
DC4_Life

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like CB and S are a must in some fashion day 2. Jenkins fills that WLB void

First round:
RB, MLB, or dlineman who can disrupt qbs.

Still could sign
RB: Peterson, Lynch or Blount
MLB: Riley, Brown, or Hodges

Hankins and McDonald are also very interesting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 39, 40, 41  Next
Page 32 of 41

Jump to: