You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

How do we stop the Jets signing Jay Cutler?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PapaShogun

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Houston putting all of their eggs in the Tony Romo basket? That team could be in decent shape with Cutler. Cutler might actually survive a season. He'll also be 34 to start the season instead of 37. I get that Romo is a better QB, but if that thing falls through and Cutler is already signed with someone else like the Jets, then what is Houston going to do? Start Savage? Maybe they can sign Colin K to compete for a job.

- Five Time Super Bowl Champion San Francisco 49ers -
1981*1984*1988*1989*1994*
Badger75

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What was it Bill Walsh said about certain QBs?
patman

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutler is the best qb out there besides Romo.
PapaShogun

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Badger75 wrote:
What was it Bill Walsh said about certain QBs?

Walsh said a lot of things about a lot of quarterbacks. Very Happy

- Five Time Super Bowl Champion San Francisco 49ers -
1981*1984*1988*1989*1994*
MemphisEagles

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

patman wrote:

Honestly, I would prefer Cutler at this point. Can't trust Romo to stay healthy.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MemphisEagles wrote:
patman wrote:

Honestly, I would prefer Cutler at this point. Can't trust Romo to stay healthy.

Can't trust Cutler to play all 16 games either. But yes I'd say Cutler is not as injury prone as Romo.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the texans learned their lesson with signing a QB in FA and expecting him to play well enough to make the playoffs, The texans are drafting a QB this year and will probably roll with savage as their starter until the rookie is "ready"

Current owner of the Portland Horned Owls in the Bizzaro Dynasty League, I'm a Ravens fan and I regret every second of it.
Ketchup

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OleXmad wrote:
I think the texans learned their lesson with signing a QB in FA and expecting him to play well enough to make the playoffs, The texans are drafting a QB this year and will probably roll with savage as their starter until the rookie is "ready"
That's terrible logic. Os only had like 7 starts under his belt. You know what you get with both Cutler and Romo. Cutler would be a massive upgrade for Houston. Signing either doesn't stop you from drafting a QB.

El ramster on the custom sig!
Forge

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MemphisEagles wrote:
patman wrote:

There's always Kaepernick. He's had one injury plagued season, but otherwise has been pretty healthy. He was insanely inconsistent last year, but his overall numbers weren't atrocious.

Stupid NFL coaches and their need to reach for quarterbacks....
bzane

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: How do we stop the Jets signing Jay Cutler? Reply with quote

goldfishwars wrote:
Like, it's going to happen. Everyone can see it from a mile away. Everyone knows they'll overpay him and screw their cap for two years at least. Everyone knows Cutler will play like Jay Cutler and show glimpses of great play to go alongside the unfixable sloppy mechanics, the mindless interceptions and the lacksidasical body language. Everyone knows it'll end badly. Even I feel bad as a Pats fan feel bad knowing the Jets are going to do this. We just have to witness these two sad objects slowly coming together, unable to control the irresistible force pushing them together like a toothless methhead meeting his dirtbag dealer in the corner of a Target car park.

How do we stop this?

Ahhhhh, goldfishwars, I urge you to patience, forbearance, acceptance.

For clearly it is ordained that Jay Cutler was meant to join the pantheon of Great Jets' Quarterbacks:

-Bryce Petty
-Ryan Fitzpatrick
-Geno Smith
-Greg McElroy
-Brutal
-Mark Sanchez
-Kellen Clemens
-Chad Pennington

Golden names, golden arms! Happy memories of errant passes flying o'er the playing fields, en route to many a Jet loss; splendid reading of many a Manish Mehta column yowling about the Jets!

Let The Cutlery Era begin! It is written in the stars.
BayRaider

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Signing Cutler is basically Bowels signing away his job. Don't care if he's viewed as the best QB on the market. Signing Cutler and having a six win season which is likely, he's toast. At least if he went six wins with a young QB who showed promise he'd have a chance to keep his job. Although still unlikely.
Shanedorf

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jets grabbed Josh McCown...who used to back up Cutler at one point
Stevein2012

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shanedorf wrote:
Jets grabbed Josh McCown...who used to back up Cutler at one point

It seems like they could get losing QB play for less than 6m guaranteed.
jrry32

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poorbytehshore wrote:
Watson and Hackenberg were never #1 picks to me. I can't see how they are remotely comparable as prospects. Of course every QB has flaws but Darnold is an unbelievably obvious #1 pick, short of coming out next season and playing unlike what he actually is.

It's obviously a projection but I'd happily make a bet with you right now that if he comes out next year, he goes first. Almost all of the other college QBs you mentioned aren't close to him as a prospect.

I'd feel strongly that he wouldn't enter the draft if the Browns pick first, which is annoying. I think he'd declare if it were the Jets.

Darnold isn't the player you're claiming him to be yet. Frankly, I don't care what Hackenberg and Watson were to you. It doesn't change the point.

When I watched Juju Smith's film, Darnold looked like a kid with a lot of talent who still has developing to do. He missed easy reads, he passed up easy throws to force the ball down the field, his accuracy was erratic at times, and he was too quick to leave the pocket and scramble.

Darnold has developing left to do. The idea that any team should throw in the towel to tank for him this off-season is laughable.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
poorbytehshore wrote:
Watson and Hackenberg were never #1 picks to me. I can't see how they are remotely comparable as prospects. Of course every QB has flaws but Darnold is an unbelievably obvious #1 pick, short of coming out next season and playing unlike what he actually is.

It's obviously a projection but I'd happily make a bet with you right now that if he comes out next year, he goes first. Almost all of the other college QBs you mentioned aren't close to him as a prospect.

I'd feel strongly that he wouldn't enter the draft if the Browns pick first, which is annoying. I think he'd declare if it were the Jets.

Darnold isn't the player you're claiming him to be yet. Frankly, I don't care what Hackenberg and Watson were to you. It doesn't change the point.

When I watched Juju Smith's film, Darnold looked like a kid with a lot of talent who still has developing to do. He missed easy reads, he passed up easy throws to force the ball down the field, his accuracy was erratic at times, and he was too quick to leave the pocket and scramble.

Darnold has developing left to do. The idea that any team should throw in the towel to tank for him this off-season is laughable.

It could be you are entirely right, but that hasn't stopped teams before from doing it.

Given that Bowles likely won't be around if he goes through another disaster season, though, I don't think the Jets are tanking...yet.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: