Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FOUR ROUNDS, EXPLANATIONS FOR EVERY SINGLE PICK
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2017 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mountainpd

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good effort.

My comment on Dolphins draft would be your comments on Williams both pros and cons are accurate but because of the cons we won't touch imo, give us M Williams with safety a need still.

Great draft for Saints

^^^Kempes^^^
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Bengals draft hits on a lot of needs, but it just doesn't feel right for me. I'm not saying the picks are bad, per se, but the feel is off.

In the first, I could see the team taking Johnathan Allen as the BPA, but how does he fit? Ideally, I can see where people say he plays the edge on early downs and slides inside on passing downs. But here's the thing. Is he better at setting the edge than Michael Johnson? Whose spot does he take when sliding to UT? No way he unseats Geno Atkins. So if I were the person choosing, I would have to ask myself how much would a top ten pick be playing early on? And can I get more value with someone else?

The four guys I'd also consider are Foster, Charleton, Davis and Howard.
Foster- obvious paring with Burfict solidifies our LB corps
Charlton- fits our mold of DE, was productive his only year in a 4-3
Davis- pair him with Green for 5 more years, at least
Howard- two TE sets with Eifert (who is hurt quite a bit and on his last year contract-wise)

In the second, Mixon makes too much sense, and the national media will be salivating that we did it to start on their "same ole Bengals" narrative. Keep the pick. Personally, I wouldn't care as much as others because the guy did his time and was like a day over 18. A few days earlier and this would have been a juvenile.

In the third, Kupp fills a need at WR, but not our needs, as JasonBengalFL pointed out above. We have Boyd for the slot. With the depth at WR, I'd rather get a true DE, especially if we took Allen in the first, and even if we took Charleton instead. DE is that big of a need. In order, I'd take Rivers, Kpassagnon, or Walker. But any one of them fill the need.

In the fourth, I'd now grab a WR. We currently have 7 CBs on the roster, and for some reason, Adam Jones is still on the roster. Even if we cut him, we are six deep, so a CB would have a very difficult time getting to the opening day roster. My pick is WR Malachi Dupre.

We still need offensive line help, so i can live with a tackle at the comp pick like Sharpe. I could also see taking a C/OG type of guy too.

I know it stops there, but if you extend this further, in the fifth I would target K Zane Gonzales and one more OL or WR. The rest are roster guys with the 4 picks in the 6th and 7th rounds.
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
This Bengals draft hits on a lot of needs, but it just doesn't feel right for me. I'm not saying the picks are bad, per se, but the feel is off.

In the first, I could see the team taking Johnathan Allen as the BPA, but how does he fit? Ideally, I can see where people say he plays the edge on early downs and slides inside on passing downs. But here's the thing. Is he better at setting the edge than Michael Johnson? Whose spot does he take when sliding to UT? No way he unseats Geno Atkins. So if I were the person choosing, I would have to ask myself how much would a top ten pick be playing early on? And can I get more value with someone else?

Howard- two TE sets with Eifert (who is hurt quite a bit and on his last year contract-wise)

In the second, Mixon makes too much sense, and the national media will be salivating that we did it to start on their "same ole Bengals" narrative. Keep the pick. Personally, I wouldn't care as much as others because the guy did his time and was like a day over 18. A few days earlier and this would have been a juvenile.

In the third, Kupp fills a need at WR, but not our needs, as JasonBengalFL pointed out above. We have Boyd for the slot. With the depth at WR, I'd rather get a true DE, especially if we took Allen in the first, and even if we took Charleton instead. DE is that big of a need. In order, I'd take Rivers, Kpassagnon, or Walker. But any one of them fill the need.

In the fourth, I'd now grab a WR. We currently have 7 CBs on the roster, and for some reason, Adam Jones is still on the roster. Even if we cut him, we are six deep, so a CB would have a very difficult time getting to the opening day roster. My pick is WR Malachi Dupre.

We still need offensive line help, so i can live with a tackle at the comp pick like Sharpe. I could also see taking a C/OG type of guy too.

I know it stops there, but if you extend this further, in the fifth I would target K Zane Gonzales and one more OL or WR. The rest are roster guys with the 4 picks in the 6th and 7th rounds.

Agreed completely. If we draft Jon Allen we will still draft a true DE in the first 4 rounds. I like Kupp but not for us. We have possession receivers. We need a speedy deep threat

Thanks to mike23md for the sig
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Philadelphia Eagles
Hassan Reddick / OLB
Fabian Moreau / CB
Taywan Taylor / WR
James Conner / RB
Marquez White / CB

I don't get the Reddick pick. Eagles third linebacker only played in around 28% of the snaps last year and reddick wouldn't play over either Hicks who is one of the best young MLB in the NFL or Bradham who is great in coverage. Schwarz also doesnt really blitz linebackers so I doubt he would even use reddick in any way that gives him that mid round value.

So that would just kind of be a really weird eagles pick.

No problems with the other picks.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Anna Kendricks are always nice.
Wolfhunt

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: FOUR ROUNDS, EXPLANATIONS FOR EVERY SINGLE PICK Reply with quote

Nickpeloso1 wrote:
Wolfhunt wrote:
Nickpeloso1 wrote:

*PLEASE don't just comment "bad pick for ___" or "____ instead of ___." Because even though you like the team, you have no idea who they'll pick. Nobody does. Just because you don't like the value or the position of the player, doesn't mean the team doesn't. The Draft is full of shockers and surprises! So when commenting, give me reason! Thanks

Why would you even post something so dumb? You post a draft this to get feedback. If you do a second one feedback from the first would help.

On that note your Browns draft sucks. Any draft giving them Watson with the #12 pick is a straight up fail. No QB in this draft is worth a 1st round pick let along a 2nd round pick and you give Cleveland the worst one. Those of us who are fans of our team have a little bit better idea of who they are going to pick than you.

You should be smart enough to understand the comment, everyone that commented above you did. I clearly meant don't just make a blind comment without any reasoning, because the validity of your comment will be challenged by fans with more knowledge than you. As for the Browns picks, I never said the fans of the teams don't know more than ME. I said the fans as a whole don't know as much as the teams. We're fed second hand information, many smokescreens, misread headlines, etc. which go into what we're told, and ultimately pass on to other fans...

So do I think Watson would be a good pick? No. Have the Browns shown interest in him? Yes. They even asked him to participate in the Senior Bowl. Is Watson completely eliminated from being a possible selection at #12? No. And have the Browns been known to make good picks anyways? Also a no.

That's all.

I fully understood what you meant but you just writing it the way you did was dumb.

Have the Browns shown interest in Watson? Yes, they have shown interest in about 6 QB's total. The Browns have so many holes to fill and QB is one but you don't reach for a QB in a bad QB draft.

The Browns made horrible picks in the past but this is also a new regime who had a decent draft last year. The Ivy League crew is not going to reach for a QB. They have already shown that from last year.

This is a very deep draft on the D side and we have more holes to fill on the D side. If we do go O at all in the 1st round it would be Davis, Williams, or Howard if they would fall.
Spartan300

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:

Agreed completely. If we draft Jon Allen we will still draft a true DE in the first 4 rounds. I like Kupp but not for us. We have possession receivers. We need a speedy deep threat

Would love if Allen fell. Not the best fit but immense talent. I agree if we draft him we need a true pass rushing DE. Maybe someone like Rivers in the 3rd to complement him. Personally hate the idea of drafting Mixon but the Bengals have been linked to him and it makes a lot of sense at 41 (character issues aside).
SirA1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chicago Bears
Jamal Adams / SS
Charles Harris / OLB
JuJu Smith-Schuster / WR
Dorian Johnson/ DT
Jalen Myrick / CB

Not a Bears fan but I found this odd.

Dorian Johnson to my knowledge is an offensive guard prospect from Pittsburgh and not a defensive tackle.
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartan300 wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:

Would love if Allen fell. Not the best fit but immense talent. I agree if we draft him we need a true pass rushing DE. Maybe someone like Rivers in the 3rd to complement him. Personally hate the idea of drafting Mixon but the Bengals have been linked to him and it makes a lot of sense at 41 (character issues aside).

D you remember that blue and red toddler toy with all the holes and yellow shapes to fill them? That yellow square could be made of gold and it still won't fit in the round hole, so in that scenario, it's still useless.

The Bengals have made it known that they stopped taking developmental type guys in the first, including taking guys that they have to project for scheme fit. Like I said, I could see him being the BPA and being the pick. I just hope the coaches have a real plan in place before the draft in case he makes it to us at #9.
sodakcowboy78

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it for Dallas...there was many directions you could of gone with multiple Defensive players with value for each round...I was thinking more CB's but 2 talented DE's will work because i dont think DLaw will get a long term contract and TCrawford will move back to DT. Not a huge fan of CB HWilson, but i like the rest of the picks.

A lot of hard work put into this mock-kudos to you for a job well done!

Peace
Rich7sena

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
24. Raiders: Zach Cunningham, ILB
Oakland has made it known they're looking defense early in the draft, and they're in desperate need for a playmaking LB. He may have some tackling issues, but the upside and value here is great.

Not a fan of this pick and I'd also be surprised if the Raiders went linebacker this early - particularly one with Cunningham's question marks. Reggie McKenzie hasn't drafted a true second level linebacker in the first 3 or 4 rounds since he's taken over - he simply doesn't value the position highly. If the team must go linebacker in the first round, Jarrad Davis seems like the more realistic option. McKenzie has made it a habit drafting highly athletic linebackers who need polish. Further, I fully expect Perry Riley to re-sign in Oakland.

Considering how your board plays out, Obi Melifonwu would be a much better pick there. He's basically a corner for tight end - a position the Raiders haven't been able to cover for consecutive seasons. Don't think because Reggie Nelson was a Pro Bowler that he's not on the short list for a replacement. Adding Melifornwu allows Joseph to move to a more natural position at single high safety.

Quote:
56. Raiders: Adoree' Jackson, CB
The Raiders will continue to build this defense into the later rounds. Jackson can help their CB group and add athleticism. He won't be needed too much as a returner with the signing of Patterson, but that's not what he's here for anyways.

I don't see the fit, personally. I don't think Jackson is an ideal fit in the slot - he's not technically sound enough for that. On the outside, I doubt he can beat either Smith or Amerson as a starter - and he's not what the team is looking for on the perimeter, either (length). Based on how your board shapes up, give me Sidney Jones as an eventual replacement for Smith or Amerson.

Quote:
88. Raiders: Demarcus Walker, DL
Nothing new here. Defense defense defense. The Raiders D-line isn't bad, but Walker can make them pretty good, which sounds a lot better to me.

I don't mind this pick as much. I've come down to Earth on Walker as a prospect and think he fits the Raiders' needs pretty well as a situational interior rusher. Based on last season, the Raiders defensive line was pretty bad.

Quote:
129. Raiders: Michael Roberts, TE
They signed Cook, but I'm not sold on Walford as the backup option. Roberts will take over for Rivera, and maybe work his way up.

Cook was signed more as a Rivera replacement. Lee Smith is also on the roster as basically an additional tackle. Roberts and Walford would be redundant. They're very similar athletically and adding him wouldn't anything to the offensive portfolio. As long as Lynch remains unsigned, the team needs to add a runningback before the end of round 4. The way your board falls, Wayne Gallman makes the most sense.
The Gnat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heimdallr wrote:
No way we can pass on Engram if he is there the 2nd.... I think he is an EASY 1st rounder..

LB is not a huge need. OT, OG, DT, RB and CB are all bigger needs.

Agreed, while not bad for the Vikings, just felt underwhelming in terms of hitting highest talent.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOVE IT!

Thanks to CalhounLambeau for the incredible sig!!
Von Miller 2011 DROY and SB50 MVP!!!!!
IT'S MILLER TIME!!
GO BRONCOS!
Counselor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For Denver I like the first three picks.

Give me Roderick Johnson over Hodges at 101 and Michael Roberts over Orlosky in round 4 (who is a C by the way not a tackle)

48 1/2ers wrote:
Ostriches have inverted knees and they're pretty athletic...

GIF of Ostrich Running Here...

The Wheat Grass Shooting Hippies made me get rid of it...
Bobby816

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant see the Jets going QB at 6. I think they could draft a QB but no until later in the draft. Trubisky could be a complete waste of a pick if Hack goes out and looks good at some point this season bc he will get a chance to start. The Jets have so many holes they cant take an average QB that will be 3rd on the depth chart as a rookie.
The OUTLAW

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garrett is a good pick for the Browns but the rest are pretty much awful.

Vince Lombardi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2017 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: