Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Aaron Hernandez Found Guilty of 1st Degree Murder
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
l3lind golfer


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 53327
Location: California
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read that he left suicide notes, but I couldn't really get into the article much because I was at work. Anyone know if they released what the notes said?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vike daddy


Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 82921
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The death of former Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez was ruled a suicide only one day after it happened. A major international publication now claims that Hernandez had intended to take his own life for an extended period of time. According to the Daily Mail, “Hernandez was planning his suicide for weeks.” Per the report, Hernandez had given “most of his personal belongings to fellow inmates and covered the floor of his cell in soap,” so that he wouldn’t be able to save himself if he decided to abort the hanging.

These facts make it even more reasonable to ask questions regarding whether the authorities at the prison knew or should have known that Hernandez was suicidal. As mentioned Wednesday, the suicide rate for prisoners in Massachusetts was nearly double the national average for the period of 2001 through 2012. The situation prompted the Massachusetts Legislature to commission a study earlier this year aimed at better preventing inmate suicides.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/21/report-aaron-hernandez-planned-suicide-for-weeks/
_________________


Everson Griffen: “We can be special. But it’s up to us.”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cddolphin


Joined: 23 Mar 2009
Posts: 12478
Location: Florida
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
The death of former Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez was ruled a suicide only one day after it happened. A major international publication now claims that Hernandez had intended to take his own life for an extended period of time. According to the Daily Mail, “Hernandez was planning his suicide for weeks.” Per the report, Hernandez had given “most of his personal belongings to fellow inmates and covered the floor of his cell in soap,” so that he wouldn’t be able to save himself if he decided to abort the hanging.

These facts make it even more reasonable to ask questions regarding whether the authorities at the prison knew or should have known that Hernandez was suicidal. As mentioned Wednesday, the suicide rate for prisoners in Massachusetts was nearly double the national average for the period of 2001 through 2012. The situation prompted the Massachusetts Legislature to commission a study earlier this year aimed at better preventing inmate suicides.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/21/report-aaron-hernandez-planned-suicide-for-weeks/


Why not just let them hang themselves if they make the choice to do so? There's no victim, and taxpayers benefit. It's kind of like sanitizing a needle before a lethal injection, I fail to see the point.
_________________
huzzah
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
theJ


Moderator
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Posts: 23154
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
The death of former Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez was ruled a suicide only one day after it happened. A major international publication now claims that Hernandez had intended to take his own life for an extended period of time. According to the Daily Mail, “Hernandez was planning his suicide for weeks.” Per the report, Hernandez had given “most of his personal belongings to fellow inmates and covered the floor of his cell in soap,” so that he wouldn’t be able to save himself if he decided to abort the hanging.

These facts make it even more reasonable to ask questions regarding whether the authorities at the prison knew or should have known that Hernandez was suicidal. As mentioned Wednesday, the suicide rate for prisoners in Massachusetts was nearly double the national average for the period of 2001 through 2012. The situation prompted the Massachusetts Legislature to commission a study earlier this year aimed at better preventing inmate suicides.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/21/report-aaron-hernandez-planned-suicide-for-weeks/


Why not just let them hang themselves if they make the choice to do so? There's no victim, and taxpayers benefit. It's kind of like sanitizing a needle before a lethal injection, I fail to see the point.

Cuz not everyone is serving a life sentence. And some become productive members of society after they get out.
_________________
If you're not in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?

~T.S. Eliot
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cddolphin


Joined: 23 Mar 2009
Posts: 12478
Location: Florida
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
cddolphin wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
The death of former Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez was ruled a suicide only one day after it happened. A major international publication now claims that Hernandez had intended to take his own life for an extended period of time. According to the Daily Mail, “Hernandez was planning his suicide for weeks.” Per the report, Hernandez had given “most of his personal belongings to fellow inmates and covered the floor of his cell in soap,” so that he wouldn’t be able to save himself if he decided to abort the hanging.

These facts make it even more reasonable to ask questions regarding whether the authorities at the prison knew or should have known that Hernandez was suicidal. As mentioned Wednesday, the suicide rate for prisoners in Massachusetts was nearly double the national average for the period of 2001 through 2012. The situation prompted the Massachusetts Legislature to commission a study earlier this year aimed at better preventing inmate suicides.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/21/report-aaron-hernandez-planned-suicide-for-weeks/


Why not just let them hang themselves if they make the choice to do so? There's no victim, and taxpayers benefit. It's kind of like sanitizing a needle before a lethal injection, I fail to see the point.

Cuz not everyone is serving a life sentence. And some become productive members of society after they get out.


Okay.. it's still their choice, regardless of the amount of time they are due to serve.
_________________
huzzah
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
theJ


Moderator
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Posts: 23154
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
theJ wrote:
cddolphin wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
The death of former Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez was ruled a suicide only one day after it happened. A major international publication now claims that Hernandez had intended to take his own life for an extended period of time. According to the Daily Mail, “Hernandez was planning his suicide for weeks.” Per the report, Hernandez had given “most of his personal belongings to fellow inmates and covered the floor of his cell in soap,” so that he wouldn’t be able to save himself if he decided to abort the hanging.

These facts make it even more reasonable to ask questions regarding whether the authorities at the prison knew or should have known that Hernandez was suicidal. As mentioned Wednesday, the suicide rate for prisoners in Massachusetts was nearly double the national average for the period of 2001 through 2012. The situation prompted the Massachusetts Legislature to commission a study earlier this year aimed at better preventing inmate suicides.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/21/report-aaron-hernandez-planned-suicide-for-weeks/


Why not just let them hang themselves if they make the choice to do so? There's no victim, and taxpayers benefit. It's kind of like sanitizing a needle before a lethal injection, I fail to see the point.

Cuz not everyone is serving a life sentence. And some become productive members of society after they get out.


Okay.. it's still their choice, regardless of the amount of time they are due to serve.

So should we not stop non-criminals then too?

BTW - i'm not trying to beat you up. I get there are people on both sides of this argument. Whichever side you're on doesn't bother me.
_________________
If you're not in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?

~T.S. Eliot
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cddolphin


Joined: 23 Mar 2009
Posts: 12478
Location: Florida
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
So should we not stop non-criminals then too?


From attempting suicide? No.. don't see how it's anybody's business besides the individual. Just my $0.02
_________________
huzzah
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NS922


Joined: 01 Aug 2011
Posts: 11378
Location: New Orleans
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
theJ wrote:
So should we not stop non-criminals then too?


From attempting suicide? No.. don't see how it's anybody's business besides the individual. Just my $0.02


WOW. Flaming hot take right there.

It's also the business of friends and family, and the potential future version of the person who would agree they would have made a very irrational decision.
_________________
#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cddolphin


Joined: 23 Mar 2009
Posts: 12478
Location: Florida
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NS922 wrote:
cddolphin wrote:
theJ wrote:
So should we not stop non-criminals then too?


From attempting suicide? No.. don't see how it's anybody's business besides the individual. Just my $0.02


WOW. Flaming hot take right there.

It's also the business of friends and family, and the potential future version of the person who would agree they would have made a very irrational decision.


It's really not that rare of a stance.

I think it's disingenuous for you to claim the future version of that person would agree that it's "irrational". You can't possibly know that. If they have a debilitating disease, or are serving a life sentence in a cage, or are in constant pain, etc etc.. why should it be anybody else's call.

I don't impose my moral beliefs on others and force them to act how I would act. Live and let live (or die).
_________________
huzzah
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tom cody


Joined: 01 Sep 2007
Posts: 13279
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So ends the saga of this guy. He'll always be a what if to me, but also a guy who had it all but threw it all away.
_________________
Patient: The problem is that obesity runs in our family
Doctor: No, the problem is that no one runs in your family

Courtesy of an online joke search.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
buno67


Joined: 15 Mar 2007
Posts: 40896
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually the suicide was prolly the smartest thing for him to help out his family.

He dies before all his appeals were made, basically allows him to be deemed a free man but he is dead. Since the ruling changes, his estate can go to his family. He doesnt have a lot of money left but he still has something left that his family can utilize. I have no idea but something is better than nothing. If he lived out his life sentence. His estate and all his money would just belong to the govt, lawyers, and whatever it takes. He knew he wouldnt be able to beat the Lloyd murder rep. So he cut his loses and helped his family out.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vike daddy


Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 82921
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Hernandez was never technically guilty of murder, then he — or his estate — could potentially be owed money from his contract that was unpaid. Reports have suggested that amount could be around $6 million, accounting for his signing bonus and salary at the time of his arrest.

The Patriots have not commented on the issue.

Meanwhile, Sheff said he is still in the process of determining how much in assets Hernandez was worth, including a Hummer and his home in North Attleborough, Massachusetts. Hernandez also leaves behind a fiancée and 4-year-old daughter, and it's unclear what financial arrangement he may have had with them.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/aaron-hernandez/family-aaron-hernandez-s-victim-asks-patriots-pay-wrongful-death-n749456
_________________


Everson Griffen: “We can be special. But it’s up to us.”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
l3lind golfer


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 53327
Location: California
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay so I read something today that insinuates that Aaron Hernandez killed or had Odin Lloyd killed because Lloyd knew Hernandez was a bisexual and was threatening to out him.

Quote:
In another jolting revelation, the magazine also reported that Hernandez was locked up because of a murder that may have been motivated by a desire to keep his sexuality a secret.

Hernandez’s sexual ambiguity was known to his pal Odin Lloyd, who was dating the sister of the football star’s fianceé, multiple law enforcement sources told Newsweek.

The 6-foot-1, 245-pound Hernandez may have murdered Lloyd to ensure that he wouldn’t be outed to his bride-to-be, the magazine said.

Hernandez was allegedly involved with a male high school classmate, and he moved a large sum of money into an account for the man before his arrest in the Lloyd killing, according to the report.


^From the New York Daily News

So if this is true, Hernandez didn't kill Lloyd because of any gang or drug situation, which is what I initially thought.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34
Page 34 of 34

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group