Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 1st-Round Mock (no trades)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2017 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IdigtheRaiders! wrote:
Version #8 is up, just under Version #7

Eight versions and we still take Adams in five of them? Laughing
Cypher

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carolina isn't taking Cook at 8. Laughing Laughing Laughing

McCaffrey, Howard or Adams there. Probably Adams. Easily.

EDIT: Nevermind. Just realized you have Solomon Thomas falling to 19. Put him at 8. GG.

AkronsWitness wrote:
The Browns are a football team, run by baseball people, making smart basketball trades...#Analytics

Last edited by Cypher on Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Myth

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: 2017 1st-Round Mock (no trades) Reply with quote

Okay, seriously whose board are you following and what have the Lions done to you?

Point one: I pretty much hate every version that you've got here. My bad for not saying anything before, but your draft board is seriously messed up. You have players who may not go until the third round going high and guys like Hasson Reddick not there at all. There are a 100 sites, nay a 1000 sites with updated boards you could use. There are guys who are right here who have draft boards on other football future forums. That you have done 8 versions with this messed up draft board is ... I don't know ... but somebody has to tell you. I'm sorry if that's too blunt.

Point two: Lions need defense in this draft they have 5-7 starters who have cemented their position on defense. And some of that cement is cracked. So while some offensive players may drop, unless one of them is really Superman or Thor the Lions probably aren't going to be takers. At least not in the first 3 rounds.

I expect at least 2 DL for their 4-3 defense in the top 5 rounds, one Closed-end/LDE (which is often a guy who can slide into the DT in certain sets...not a premier pass rusher) and one 3T DT. But seriously if they don't come out of this draft with a LB and CB, things are messed up.

Taco, who would actually be a good fit as a base 4-3 LDE (not a 3-4 OLB (unless you have info nobody else seems to have)), probably isn't worth that pick. I know I'm going to get hammered by other Lion fans for saying that. But the impact defensive positions they need to get as starters early in this draft (say your 1st and 2nd round picks...maybe if you're lucky a 3rd rounders) are the 3T DT and the mobile impact LB... probably not in that order. The base DLE and the boundary CB are of less concern to this scheme and personnel.

Saying all that, Solomon Thomas and Jonathan Allen would be both perfect and highly unlikely to fall out of the top 5 picks. Yet, if they did, the Lions would have to put LB and DT on hold and grab them. I could see Allen falling because he had slug-like numbers at the combine, but I've seen some freakishly athletic moments in his film so...21 would be far enough for him to fall, in a dream scenario...and probably just out of the top 5 in a more realistic one.

TE and RB will most likely not be picked in the first round unless every LB, DE and CB who are of 1st round value are gone... And then it would be time to trade down.
jaehong90

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. you must be a close relative or a friend with Cam Robinson.
2. you must somehow think Taco is Solomon and Solomon is Taco.
3. all of the Packers' picks are pure garbage
IdigtheRaiders!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Version #9 is uploaded, just under Version #8. This might be my last one before the actual Draft.

1. Props to Big Palooka for the sig
2. Tim Brown is my favorite NFL player of all time.
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
IdigtheRaiders! wrote:

It's OK, he's had the Chargers taking Humphrey... over Lattimore and Adams (who appears to - miraculously for Telesco as he's seemed to value the safety position lightly in the past - be their preferred pick if he's there) in just about every version.

Did Humphrey suddenly develop any selling attribute other than athleticism that I wasn't aware of? His technique is practically non-existent (I'm not sure I've seen a highly-touted CB prospect lose leverage at the LOS quicker or more consistently than he does) in terms of both handwork and footwork. His awareness is questionable - and if it's not his awareness his ability to track the ball mid-air is notably lacking. And he's persistently shown issues staying in phase at the top of routes.

Even this most recent version with Jonathan Allen... where does he fit? And this isn't some great defense of Corey Liuget, it's more a case of the Chargers not running a 3-4 anymore. They didn't franchise tender Melvin Ingram to play strong-side linebacker, Bosa is likely to play the 4-Technique in the 4-3 Under, and Allen just isn't that good to be a Top 10-pick worth 3-Tech. Moreover, the team is paying Liuget too much (it sounds like it shouldn't matter - where fans are concerned - but to GM's they have to consider this stuff) to spend a Top 10 pick on a guy that would relegate him to the bench. And they're not a deep enough team to spend a Top 10 pick on a guy to be a situational player until Y2.

MathMan wrote:
I think I'm obfuscating all over the place!
game3525

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:
IdigtheRaiders! wrote:

It's OK, he's had the Chargers taking Humphrey... over Lattimore and Adams (who appears to - miraculously for Telesco as he's seemed to value the safety position lightly in the past - be their preferred pick if he's there) in just about every version.

Did Humphrey suddenly develop any selling attribute other than athleticism that I wasn't aware of? His technique is practically non-existent (I'm not sure I've seen a highly-touted CB prospect lose leverage at the LOS quicker or more consistently than he does) in terms of both handwork and footwork. His awareness is questionable - and if it's not his awareness his ability to track the ball mid-air is notably lacking. And he's persistently shown issues staying in phase at the top of routes.

Even this most recent version with Jonathan Allen... where does he fit? And this isn't some great defense of Corey Liuget, it's more a case of the Chargers not running a 3-4 anymore. They didn't franchise tender Melvin Ingram to play strong-side linebacker, Bosa is likely to play the 4-Technique in the 4-3 Under, and Allen just isn't that good to be a Top 10-pick worth 3-Tech. Moreover, the team is paying Liuget too much (it sounds like it shouldn't matter - where fans are concerned - but to GM's they have to consider this stuff) to spend a Top 10 pick on a guy that would relegate him to the bench. And they're not a deep enough team to spend a Top 10 pick on a guy to be a situational player until Y2.

Yeah, I had originally thought that Allen could potentially be one of the picks. But when you actually make the projection to the defense, I don't know where he exactly fits.

This draft is starting to feel like 2015 for the Chargers, when it was obvious now looking back on it that they were going to take either Gurley or Gordon, and yet many of us (including myself) kept trying to stay it would be someone else.Laughing

In this case the Gordon/Gurley is Adams/Hooker, and the Chargers will take who they have rated higher (and I agree that TT probably likes Adams more then Hooker, due to being more physical and his football character)
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

game3525 wrote:
The LBC wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:
IdigtheRaiders! wrote:

Yeah, I had originally thought that Allen could potentially be one of the picks. But when you actually make the projection to the defense, I don't know where he exactly fits.

This draft is starting to feel like 2015 for the Chargers, when it was obvious now looking back on it that they were going to take either Gurley or Gordon, and yet many of us (including myself) kept trying to stay it would be someone else.Laughing

In this case the Gordon/Gurley is Adams/Hooker, and the Chargers will take who they have rated higher (and I agree that TT probably likes Adams more then Hooker, due to being more physical and his football character)

Also, longer history of production (I wouldn't call Hooker a one-year-wonder per say, but Adams has him in the consistency and longer tenure of productive play department) and is more versatile.

MathMan wrote:
I think I'm obfuscating all over the place!
IdigtheRaiders!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Version #10 is up, just under Version #9 -- most likely my last before the actual Draft.

BearsSaveLives

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cam Robinson at 3 is a huge reach. I really hope Pace doesn't make that sort of mistake. Bad enough I hear talk about them considering Watson.
IdigtheRaiders!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Version #11 is up, just under Version #10. This is most definitely my last before the actual Draft, and it's quite a bit different from my previous mocks.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2017 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: