Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

General Season Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 88, 89, 90

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rrrrrrrams

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

according to joe curley the rams will add some qb and just looking at bryan scott's twitter i guess he will be qb #3.
BStanRamFan

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2017/5/17/15654462/report-la-rams-start-sean-mannion-jared-goff

I give it 6 hours before jrry comes rushing to the defense of his baby, Jared. "No No this writer has no credentials" "It's just speculative" "Not possible- he has 2-3 years to prove himself".....

I personally don't care who starts; just want the QB who gives us the best chance to win games. What we've given up for Goff is already gone {sunken cost fallacy}
jrry32

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BStanRamFan wrote:
http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2017/5/17/15654462/report-la-rams-start-sean-mannion-jared-goff

I give it 6 hours before jrry comes rushing to the defense of his baby, Jared. "No No this writer has no credentials" "It's just speculative" "Not possible- he has 2-3 years to prove himself".....

I personally don't care who starts; just want the QB who gives us the best chance to win games. What we've given up for Goff is already gone {sunken cost fallacy}

Not even worth caring about. Laughing

As for Goff:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZ3KdSMz3_s

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BStanRamFan wrote:

Nothing but click bait, and a bunch of leaps on logic that barely make sense
BStanRamFan

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it click bait? Ofcourse. Nothing to read or post about this time of year other than projections and speculation.

But to break down the "insider tip", all that was said is that 'someone' close to both players would not be surprised that the Rams would go to Mannion if Goff struggles early on.

Is that possible? Absolutely. Both QB's are learning the offense at the same time and have had the same amount of time to impress the coaching staff. McVay spent just as many picks on Goff as he did Mannion and if he happens to see something in Mannion that he doesn't see in Goff, I can definitely see a switch being made after giving Goff ample time to prove himself. Goff will be given every opportunity to own this offense so I'm not saying there will be any type of controversy, but if it's week 8 and we're 2-6...don't be surprised to see a young HC shake things up.
jrry32

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BStanRamFan wrote:
Is it click bait? Ofcourse. Nothing to read or post about this time of year other than projections and speculation.

But to break down the "insider tip", all that was said is that 'someone' close to both players would not be surprised that the Rams would go to Mannion if Goff struggles early on.

Is that possible? Absolutely. Both QB's are learning the offense at the same time and have had the same amount of time to impress the coaching staff. McVay spent just as many picks on Goff as he did Mannion and if he happens to see something in Mannion that he doesn't see in Goff, I can definitely see a switch being made after giving Goff ample time to prove himself. Goff will be given every opportunity to own this offense so I'm not saying there will be any type of controversy, but if it's week 8 and we're 2-6...don't be surprised to see a young HC shake things up.

Like I said, it's not worth caring about. The source isn't saying anything.

It's like me saying, "If the Rams win 10 games, Sean McVay might win coach of the year." That's not a prediction. Wink

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL

Jayson Cole being cited by 3K. TST is trash.
BStanRamFan

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NVRamsFan wrote:
LOL

Jayson Cole being cited by 3K. TST is trash.

I usually go back and forth between TST and FF. Do you have another one for Rams info? SOmetimes i do ramswire
Non-Issue

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I mean, I would hope our staff is smart enough to recognize when a QB isn't developing and be willing to bench him if another QB on the roster is outperforming him. So, I guess, good on the staff for not being locked in to anyone.

That being said, nothing in the article suggests for a second that Mannion replacing Goff is a real possibility at this point.

It's a bit like the president saying he won't rule out the nuclear option.

Kiltman on the sig!

2016 Adopt-a-Ram Jared Goff:
Comp:99 Att:185 Yards:969 TD:5 INT:7 Rating:65.7
BStanRamFan

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think something to keep in mind here is our HC came from an offense that was willing to cut their losses on 2nd overall pick RGIII in favor of 4th round pick Kirk Cousins. Just food for thought.
Non-Issue

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BStanRamFan wrote:
I think something to keep in mind here is our HC came from an offense that was willing to cut their losses on 2nd overall pick RGIII in favor of 4th round pick Kirk Cousins. Just food for thought.

When Cousins clearly outplayed RG3. And I would encourage our staff to do the same if they end up in that position here.

But it's still utterly irrelevant. Nobody has said Mannion is outplaying Goff. Nobody has suggested Mannion is outplaying Goff. The idea that someone would have to come in and "defend" Goff in light of this article is off base.

This article is more about the coaching staff than it is about Goff or Mannion. All it says is they aren't ruling out the nuclear option. Great. That's good coaching.

Kiltman on the sig!

2016 Adopt-a-Ram Jared Goff:
Comp:99 Att:185 Yards:969 TD:5 INT:7 Rating:65.7
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And if I recall, this is a similar coaching staff that had similar rumors at one point after RG3 had been benched and Cousins replaced him (though wasn't exactly performing terribly efficiently - the team was winning but he was chucking turnovers like Christmas candy) that the staff would consider Colt McCoy if they needed to.

This is a non-story and it's pretty petty to try and take a dig at jrry over something like this. And don't try to suggest that it was just trying to bust his balls, because the tone of the OP ("I give it 6 hours before jrry comes rushing to the defense of his baby, Jared.") doesn't suggest that in the least.

MathMan wrote:
I think I'm obfuscating all over the place!
jrry32

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
And if I recall, this is a similar coaching staff that had similar rumors at one point after RG3 had been benched and Cousins replaced him (though wasn't exactly performing terribly efficiently - the team was winning but he was chucking turnovers like Christmas candy) that the staff would consider Colt McCoy if they needed to.

This is a non-story and it's pretty petty to try and take a dig at jrry over something like this. And don't try to suggest that it was just trying to bust his balls, because the tone of the OP ("I give it 6 hours before jrry comes rushing to the defense of his baby, Jared.") doesn't suggest that in the least.

Eh, it doesn't bother me. I reap what I sow for my blunt opinions and aggressive posting. As long as he doesn't try to make it personal, I'm fine with it. I think it's more ball busting than inflammatory. But turnabout is fair play in my book. Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:

Chill, turd. I'm messing with him. He's one of the more fun posters on this forum and his love for Goff is well known so I took a jab. No harm, no foul.

It is definitely an interesting story considering this time of year is dead news-wise and the background of the new HC with past QB situations.

TBH I hope jrry is right about Goff, it will mean we got a franchise QB. If he's wrong the only enjoyment I'll have is telling him he's wrong, but that still leaves me a hopeless Rams fan in the end lol

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 88, 89, 90
Page 90 of 90

Jump to: