Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official 2017 Off-Season thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WiscoBlue21

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget Verner for CB depth or King Dunlap as a swing tackle

Kodaraw wrote:
WiscoBlue21 wrote:
I think Blount and Pazstor are my first two options. Gives Hart actual competition at RT.

Kodaraw wrote:
Tomorrow teams can sign FA who's contracts expired and not have it count against them in next years comp picks. Apparently, we may get a 3-4 for Hankins so that's sweet.

Pazstor, Blount, Odrick, Williams, Verner would be decent depth signings imo.

If Flowers develops into just an average LT we will have a solid roster.

Blount can block and will help Gallaman/Perkins develop.

Odrick/Williams would be nice depth at DT.
Jlash

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

minutemancl wrote:
WiscoBlue21 wrote:
Anyone have jersey #'s for the rookie class yet?

Evan Engram- 88
Dalvin Tomlinson- 94 (Herzlich has reportedly switched to 44 for some reason)
Davis Webb- 5
Wayne Gallman- 30
Avery Moss- 91
Adam Bisnowaty- 66

I just read he's going to be playing some TE. Maybe he wants to look the part.
[url]
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6534/mark-herzlich[/url]

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pats issued May 9 Tender to Blount... if he remains unsigned last July 22, can only
Play for them. If any other team signs him, he'll count towards comp pick. Dirty, dirty, genius move.
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kodaraw wrote:
Pats issued May 9 Tender to Blount... if he remains unsigned last July 22, can only
Play for them. If any other team signs him, he'll count towards comp pick. Dirty, dirty, genius move.

On the local sports talk here (Pats country) they were pretty sure Blount wouldn't sign the tender

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not really sure if this is allowed, and/or if this is the best place to post this, but I'm from Texas and coming to NYC in December as a law school graduation present. I'm planning to come to Cowboys-Giants, and will be staying in Times Square, obvs.

Cheapest/best way to get to stadium and get back to NYC?
What are the seats like? Any tips for seating and what I should look for? Are the 100 level seats worth it? How is the viewing, etc.

Anyone have some season tickets for that game they don't plan on using?

Also - tips on dressing, hah. Pretty sure I'm going to die from hypothermia.
GMENNATION

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kodaraw wrote:
I'm not really sure if this is allowed, and/or if this is the best place to post this, but I'm from Texas and coming to NYC in December as a law school graduation present. I'm planning to come to Cowboys-Giants, and will be staying in Times Square, obvs.

Cheapest/best way to get to stadium and get back to NYC?
What are the seats like? Any tips for seating and what I should look for? Are the 100 level seats worth it? How is the viewing, etc.

Anyone have some season tickets for that game they don't plan on using?

Also - tips on dressing, hah. Pretty sure I'm going to die from hypothermia.

Congrats on graduation and I'm sure you'll enjoy Metlife Stadium! Somebody may have a better answer but there is not easy public transportation from NYC to Metlife. My best guess would be taking the train from Penn Station to Seacaucus, and then Seacaucus to Metlife would be the best solution but someone keep me honest.

I have sat in many different places in the stadium. I'd say it's one of the better stadiums for viewing... there isn't really any bad sections. Of course, the game is much better from the 100 section but you won't be disappointed up top either.

Definitely bring layers lol. The wind howls at Metlife.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as you wear layers, you'll be fine with everything except getting to metlife. I haven't been to every other stadium, but i feel comfortable in saying that in terms of location and ease of accessibility/parking, metlife ranks dead last. Even coming from NJ and having more or less a straight shot to the stadium up the turnpike is a pain in the butt. Be prepared for frustration.

1st yr head coaches rarely see success their 1st yr, if at all.
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

minutemancl wrote:
As long as you wear layers, you'll be fine with everything except getting to metlife. I haven't been to every other stadium, but i feel comfortable in saying that in terms of location and ease of accessibility/parking, metlife ranks dead last. Even coming from NJ and having more or less a straight shot to the stadium up the turnpike is a pain in the butt. Be prepared for frustration.

Well, we will definitely be taking some sort of public transportation (if possible) so hopefully no parking issues.

Define layers haha. We only had a handful of days below 40 and I don't think any days below freezing this winter so I'm not familiar with an actual winter lol
WiscoBlue21

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are making me not want to go to my first NYG home game, I'm from Wisconsin so the cold is a non-issue but the transportation to the stadium seems like a nightmare.
GMENNATION

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WiscoBlue21 wrote:
You guys are making me not want to go to my first NYG home game, I'm from Wisconsin so the cold is a non-issue but the transportation to the stadium seems like a nightmare.

The problem is it's not walkable so there are really only two ways: drive or take the train. When driving, you just have to accept that you'll be sitting in traffic coming and going. For the train, there is only one line that runs to the stadium so it will be very full. Leaving the stadium, you may have to wait for the second or third train.

That being said, if you're driving the parking lots are quite large. There is plenty of space to hangout and wait for the traffic to die down a little bit. I grew up in the area so I'm used to the congestion but I go to 3-4 games a year. It's definitely worth the trip.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me clarify about the "parking" issues at metlife: there are plenty of parking spots and the lots are big and there is plenty of space to tailgate and the tailgating atmosphere is pretty good. Its the layout and placement of the stadium and the lots that is the problem. The lots are surrounding what feels like a giant roundabout and every "exit" from the roundabout into a lot feels risky. Some are reserved, some dont go where they look like they shouls go, and if you take too long, the end of the roundabout pretty much spits you back out on to the highway with no warning. Driving into the stadium is like driving around Boston. It makes no sense and its very frustrating.

By layers, i mean a long sleeve shirt and hoodie and winter jacket at the same time over top of each other. If you get warm you can take something off, but in December i can almost guarantee that wont be the case

1st yr head coaches rarely see success their 1st yr, if at all.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18
Page 18 of 18

Jump to: