You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Wonder Woman (June 2017)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tyty

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, good work killing off the boyfriend Steve or Trevor or whatever his name was. I had a feeling it would end with WW on top and doing some dramatic kiss with him after everything. Good on them for breaking the mold.
raiderrocker18

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i thought it was mostly great except for ares

certainly a lot better than any DC film since Nolan, and was better than GOTG2 for hero movies this season.
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd call it the best of the DCEU so far, but this movie still had it's flaws. Spoilers abound, just in case someone is reading this and hasn't seen it.

How would a bullet ever even come close to harming her when she can take punches from a god? Not to mention if Ares is right, only another god can kill her as she is one as well? Not that it was ever in doubt considering it takes place in the past and she's the main character, but still.

Why did Ares even both trying to get close to her when his scrap metal missile strategy was pretty much owning her? I liked the idea behind what they did with him, but the execution was hit and miss.

The "reveals" were a little too obvious. Diana was clearly the "god killer" not the sword, and Sir whatever his name was who ended up being Ares was pretty much presented as the "this is the guy you think you can trust who ends up dirty" trope.

My last gripe is that it wasn't a very good representation of WW1 trench warfare. There'd be thousands of troops in a line held that long and there would be more than 4-5 machine guns trained towards her and 30-40 troops on either side, and there would definitely be a position for some flanking fire. As someone who enjoys history and has read a little about it, this kind of took me out of the moment.

Ok, not nitpicking aside, I really did enjoy this movie. Gadot has a great mix of sweetness and toughness about her that really plays well with the character. Some of the dialogue was a little off, but she did well with what she was given to work with. She did a good job carrying the movie and being a compelling screen presence.

Chris Pine really should be a bigger star than he is. He's a pretty big star, but he's just got such great charisma on screen with just about anyone you put him up against. He's supposed to be the real world foil to Diana's naiveté but really he almost stole some of the scenes they had together. For what his part was, he executed it almost flawlessly, and even got to go out a hero. Loved the line, "I can save the day, but you can save the world".

I definitely agree with "TOO MUCH SLO MO", but all in all I was pretty pleased with the action scenes and how Diana started to realize how much power she had as the movie progressed.

Dr Poison wasn't used enough. She could have been such a great character I think, except she and Ludendorf came off as overly cartoony at times and really weren't all that fleshed out except for "ARGHHH, we must take over the world!".

The Amazonian stuff was all very well done, Connie Nielsen and Robin Wright really did well lending seriousness and gravitas to those scenes that could have also come off as cartoony if not done well.

All in all I'd probably have this as a B+ and would be happy to see the next one.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
TENINCH

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A month late but finally got around to seeing this. Really good movie. It's hard to get over how beautiful Gal Gadot is as wonder woman. I still like the Nolan Batman trilogy the best but DC is so much more fun for me that Marvel. I feel like these movies would be better for me had I read the comics growing up.
Non-Issue

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TENINCH wrote:
A month late but finally got around to seeing this. Really good movie. It's hard to get over how beautiful Gal Gadot is as wonder woman. I still like the Nolan Batman trilogy the best but DC is so much more fun for me that Marvel. I feel like these movies would be better for me had I read the comics growing up.

You know, it's funny. Before I went and saw the movie all I kept hearing was how pretty she was and I didn't get it. I was like, "She's pretty. But she is no big deal."

Then I went to the movie and about 15 minutes in I was like, "Damn, the woman is beautiful." Like... distractingly beautiful. I was having trouble taking my eyes off her at times. So I guess I get all the hullabaloo about her now.

Kiltman on the sig!

2016 Adopt-a-Ram Jared Goff:
Comp:99 Att:185 Yards:969 TD:5 INT:7 Rating:65.7
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Non-Issue wrote:
TENINCH wrote:

You know, it's funny. Before I went and saw the movie all I kept hearing was how pretty she was and I didn't get it. I was like, "She's pretty. But she is no big deal."

Then I went to the movie and about 15 minutes in I was like, "Damn, the woman is beautiful." Like... distractingly beautiful. I was having trouble taking my eyes off her at times. So I guess I get all the hullabaloo about her now.
She was a Miss Israel in the Miss Universe pageant back when she was still a combat instructor in the Israeli Defense Force. Apparently her winning was a total shock to her, and she sabotaged herself in the Miss Universe pageant to make sure she didn't win that one. Every interview I have seen her do, makes me like her even more.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
JPPT1974

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am dying to see this film. As will see it today!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Page 13 of 13

Jump to: