You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What podcasts do you listen to?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BroncoBruin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
Just about to finish Ep 58: King of Kings III of Dan Carlin's Hardcore History. It's been phenomenal. Now, I have 58 other long [inappropriate/removed] podcasts I need to work my way though, because this one was 6+ hours and has taken me about 3 weeks listening in bits and pieces.

Well I would definitely recommend putting off Blueprint for Armageddon for a while. That behemoth is 23 hours worth of World War I history.
TheChad

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
Just about to finish Ep 58: King of Kings III of Dan Carlin's Hardcore History. It's been phenomenal. Now, I have 58 other long [inappropriate/removed] podcasts I need to work my way though, because this one was 6+ hours and has taken me about 3 weeks listening in bits and pieces.

The series episodes are better than the individual ones, in my opinion. They're not all as crazy as the Kings of Kings series in terms of episode lengths. Others are easier to get through.

The Punic Nightmares series is made up of a 58m, 1h18m, and a 1h35m episode for instance.

Ghosts of the Osfront (which I'm currently halfway through, and is awesome) is made up of 1h5m, 1h28m, 1h30m, 1h39m episodes.

That said, Prophets of Doom might be my favourite, and that's just one 4h15m episode.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya, Carlin is phenomenal. Love his Common Sense podcast as well. Probably the most level headed political voice out there, and has made me realize that increasing your historical knowledge is the best way to increase your understanding of present day politics and current events. Seems like a incredibly humble and thoughtful man. Part of me wishes he was more prevalent in political discourse but the other part of me realizes that would probably either change him or eat him alive, likely the latter (And it already sorta happened back when he was working in the news media in the 90's).
BroncoBruin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I check my Podcasts app every morning just waiting for that new Hardcore History episode to show up...should be one released sometime this summer. Been a particularly long wait for this one.
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Tim Ferriss Show
Ben Pakulski

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoBruin wrote:
I check my Podcasts app every morning just waiting for that new Hardcore History episode to show up...should be one released sometime this summer. Been a particularly long wait for this one.

I moved onto Ep 59, The Destroyer of Worlds. Only about 35 minutes in so far, but some real harrowing stuff about the first atomic bombs. Very interesting.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
BroncoBruin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
BroncoBruin wrote:

I moved onto Ep 59, The Destroyer of Worlds. Only about 35 minutes in so far, but some real harrowing stuff about the first atomic bombs. Very interesting.

That one might be my favorite, as much as I love the stuff he does with ancient history. Dan does a fantastic job bringing the tension to life.
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just started Ear Hustle, two episodes in. It's hosted by Erlon Woods, a guy who's currently serving 30 years for aggravated robbery and he's talking about prison life. Part of this is hilarious, part of this is downright horrifying, and all of it is interesting.

Worth a listen, only 30 minute episodes.

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
flyers0909

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
Just started Ear Hustle, two episodes in. It's hosted by Erlon Woods, a guy who's currently serving 30 years for aggravated robbery and he's talking about prison life. Part of this is hilarious, part of this is downright horrifying, and all of it is interesting.

I listened to the first one and really liked it, been meaning to download the 2nd one.

30 for 30 has a podcast out now, the first episode was pretty good.

Smack on the Lindor
Rammy on the Claude
TheChad

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:

Definitely sounds interesting. I'll give it a listen.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Started listening to Strangers and House of Carbs.

House of Carbs is light, don't really have to pay attention, humorous pod about food. Ringer pod.

Strangers is the opposite. Usually sad stories about regular people. I really like it. Last one I listened to was about a guy who went to prison for 20 years for something he didn't do. Others ones I listened to were way more heartbreaking.

El ramster on the sig
Re-Drew-Vinated

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

11sanchez11 wrote:

Strangers is the opposite. Usually sad stories about regular people. I really like it. Last one I listened to was about a guy who went to prison for 20 years for something he didn't do. Others ones I listened to were way more heartbreaking.

You a cold dude.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been sticking with the Joe Rogan Experience, Fighter and The Kid, and a couple fantasy football ones lately

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re-Drew-Vinated wrote:
11sanchez11 wrote:

You a cold dude.
I mean the people are telling the stories themselves, so they are at least okay with it being/talking about it in the open.

Definitely doesn't put you in a good mood but is interesting the way people talk about their situations.

El ramster on the sig
EddieGeorge27

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been enjoying The Sorting Hat Podcast. One of the hosts is Michael Barryte from Belated Media on Youtube. As opposed to sorting people into houses, they sort more abstract ideas such as Early Miyazaki films, sorting algorithms, teams in the NBA pacific division, and songs off the Beatles White Album.

Funny podcast that adds a new twist on the idea of sorting into Harry Potter houses.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: