Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Game of Thrones - Season 6 V 2NO BOOK SPOILERS KINGOFDANORTH
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 67, 68, 69  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cddolphin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raiderrocker18 wrote:
DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:
HorizontoZenith wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:
We havent gotten all of his background in the show, but trust when people say he isnt what HorizontoZenith is describing him as, he isnt trying to be edgy, he is a crazy SOB and as ruthless as anyone we have ever seen on this show.

Oh, I know. I'm just saying I don't like the interpretation at all so far. I feel like Connor McGregor should have been given his role instead of whatever role he'll be playing.
Euron is much too important to be giving to a cameo.

I will agree that the interpretation has not been good enough at this point. But last night was a step in the right direction. I think what he will be doing during the naval battles will really pull his character closer to where he should be.

I really didn't like season 6 Euron. They made the character look like a buffoon. The kingsmoot was poorly executed, then Reek and Asha stole all of his ships Laughing

I really liked what I saw yesterday. Very entertaining. He got the cocky, crazy part of Euron down. If they allow him to be as cruel as he is in the books, we have a very good villain, despite stumbling out of the blocks with the kingsmoot.
yeah they didnt really do him justice. he came across very similar to a certain prominent politician... basically came out of nowhere, talked about how big his - was, made fun of theon's lack of junk, basically just said "im the greatest" despite having done nothing for them, and won the election

#MIIGA

I'll give them a chance, it was just one scene so far this season after all, and there's great potential for the character.

What makes it even more intriguing is the book version hasn't been all that fleshed out either, which means the show makers have a quasi-blank slate.
cddolphin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dat foreshadowing
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeeEvans wrote:
You are telling me there isn't at least some mid level house (akin to the Boltons) who wouldn't jump at the chance to get a major fortress and seat of the Targs and then Baratheons? That seems extremely unlikely to me.

Stannis called all his banners (what was left of them) to sail North (specifically North of the Wall. That's going to mean all remaining loyalists as well(what were left).

The bulk of Stannis' army that fought the Boltons and Mance's army were Florents (Selyse's family), they were also the House that was most proximal to Dragonstone and the house that had bought heaviest, hook, line, and sink into serving the Lord of Light and Stannis being the Prince who was Promised. If anything, they likely believed that after going North, Stannis would again move to sack King's Landing, succeed, and their house would be made castellan of Dragonstone (i.e. they were going to get it anyway). Even the men of Stannis' that deserted because of the blizzard and Ramsey pillaging their supplies wouldn't have been able to make it back, on foot, to the South in time to garrison Dragonstone before Team Dragon Force arrived.

But for the most part the houses pledged to Dragonstone, save for the Florents, were the houses whose lands were closest to Dragonstone (which is an island - both in the books and the show) were weaker houses, several of them made weaker by the fact that their lords were killed in the Battle of the Blackwater leaving behind child heirs. And the next closest major houses (Rykker and Mooton) are either sworn to King's Landing or sworn to a house who gained their claim under the Lannister-Baratheons (Baelish), so they're not crossing the Crown - likely in hopes of seeing Dragonstone given to their house as a reward for faithful service.

MathMan wrote:
I think I'm obfuscating all over the place!
cddolphin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^It's also a bit counter-intuitive, but at a certain point you can't really hold a fortress that large unless you have a proper garrison.

If you only have like 50 fighting men, you can't possibly man the fortress properly, and it leaves it open to attack. People can just sneak over the walls in the dead of night with ropes and whatnot because there are so many blindspots. (For example, when the Greyjoys took Winterfell).
Broadway Joe

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with everything about Euron sucking.

He looked over acted, didn't like the actor and even his costume designed was made too look too much like a rockstar, even his jacket was made to look like a leather jacket.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first thought after the episode was whose head is Euron bringing to Cersei? Perhaps Tyrion somehow?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Euron was going to destroy a bunch of the fleet Dany has and bring Yara as a prisoner as his gift.

To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift-Steve Prefontaine

The future is not set. There is no fate but what we make for ourselves.
RavensTillIDie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given how they've been more reluctant in later seasons to kill off prominent characters, I'm thinking Euron is going to bring either the Sand Snakes and/or Ellaria to Cersei. Audience probably wouldn't care too much about them getting the axe, the producers have shown they don't care all that much about Dorne, and it would be a somewhat gratifying gift for Cersei to off the folks that killed her daughter.

bananabucket wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
For years the argument has been, mostly, Peyton V Joe V Brady as the GOAT QB.

Flacco?
cddolphin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it extremely unlikely Euron nabs Tyrion. Tyrion would presumably be near Dany most of the time.. if Euron got anywhere close to him, it means he essentially had a total victory.
PARROTHEAD

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensTillIDie wrote:
Given how they've been more reluctant in later seasons to kill off prominent characters, I'm thinking Euron is going to bring either the Sand Snakes and/or Ellaria to Cersei. Audience probably wouldn't care too much about them getting the axe, the producers have shown they don't care all that much about Dorne, and it would be a somewhat gratifying gift for Cersei to off the folks that killed her daughter.

That would mean going out. Then coming back in with a thousand ships past Dragon Stone.

Sure if they got out. If they didnt notice, then Varys would find out before ships could be turned around and headed back to Kings Landing.

Trinidad: Where a man is born a man. Not a PC wimp.. HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!
raiderrocker18

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there's a pretty big hint in the books as to white the gift might be.

i doubt it's tyrion for the reasons stated above, and why would cersei care about yara?
HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raiderrocker18 wrote:
there's a pretty big hint in the books as to white the gift might be.

i doubt it's tyrion for the reasons stated above, and why would cersei care about yara?

Possible spoiler below:

You're referring to the Dragonbinder horn, right? I think that's a possibility, but I think it would be awkward for them to introduce it to the show out of left field like that in the second to last season. Oh, look, a magical horn that can enslave dragons! We just didn't mention it until now because, reasons...

mike23md on the sig
HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
I think it extremely unlikely Euron nabs Tyrion. Tyrion would presumably be near Dany most of the time.. if Euron got anywhere close to him, it means he essentially had a total victory.

This assumes Dany wouldn't send Tyrion off to lead a force from some other strategic stronghold in the Kingdoms... such as Casterly Rock, a place he obviously knows well. She would want someone she could trust to lead her campaigns.

mike23md on the sig
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
^^It's also a bit counter-intuitive, but at a certain point you can't really hold a fortress that large unless you have a proper garrison.

If you only have like 50 fighting men, you can't possibly man the fortress properly, and it leaves it open to attack. People can just sneak over the walls in the dead of night with ropes and whatnot because there are so many blindspots. (For example, when the Greyjoys took Winterfell).

But that was the purpose of castles. Defend with fewer people than are attacking. A force of 50 trained fighters would put a real big hurt on Daenerys' forces. Plus, the Iron Fleet either passed by the empty fortress on its way in, or passed by the garrisoned fortress and did not engage.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs

O'Doyle Rules

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If euron trys to approach dragonstone with his ships, her dragons could just burn the whole fleet. Don't see how he gets close to them at all.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 67, 68, 69  Next
Page 56 of 69

Jump to: