You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Worst uniform changes?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daineraider

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Non-Issue wrote:
The Saints are the best dressed football team in the NFL. When you combine their modern uni's, their throwbacks, their alternates, and their color rush, they just cant be touched.

I disagree quite strongly.

I like the Saints, but to say they cant be touched is wrong.

Joe_is_the_best at making sigs
Rrrrrrrams

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Non-Issue wrote:

We are phasing out the gold. And I am glad. I despise it. We need to go back to blue and yellow or blue and white. It sounds more and more like the choice is blue and white and I couldnt be happier. Those are Los Angeles Rams colors. It will look so good on the field with y'alls red and gold. Back to the old rivalry.

demoff already said on twitter, that we will go back to blue and yellow.
Non-Issue

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daineraider wrote:
Non-Issue wrote:
The Saints are the best dressed football team in the NFL. When you combine their modern uni's, their throwbacks, their alternates, and their color rush, they just cant be touched.

I disagree quite strongly.

I like the Saints, but to say they cant be touched is wrong.

Agree to disagree quite strongly.

Kiltman on the sig!

2016 Adopt-a-Ram Jared Goff:
Comp:99 Att:185 Yards:969 TD:5 INT:7 Rating:65.7
7DnBrnc53

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biletnikoff wrote:
daineraider wrote:
Broncos are hideous, but the Jags helmet alone makes them the worst, imo. A black to gold gradient is the worst.

I like the Broncos helmet but the uniform is just odd

the shirt is plain..oh, lets add this on the side..did nothing for it

If it was up to me, I would do a massive overhaul of Denver's unis (along with Tennessee's, Jacksonville's, and Tampa Bay's). I know that some people would say that they won a SB with the current look, but they also had the Josh McDaniels era with that look, too. Talent wins, not unis.
Senor Mortgage

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biletnikoff wrote:
Starless wrote:
Orange as a primary uniform color is a mistake in any context.

meh? I dont know, I think its ok, I like the Browns helmet and the Bengals old and new helmets

Orange is hard to pull off. The Browns uniforms have always been terrible but somehow the Anaheim Ducks Black/Gold/Orange uniforms work really well despite being similar in color.

Also, why are they changing the Bills back to Navy? Their Royal Blue unis were the best in the league IMO. Its like half the league is going to navy to be as bland as possible.
AkronsWitness

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Senor Mortgage wrote:
biletnikoff wrote:
Starless wrote:
Orange as a primary uniform color is a mistake in any context.

meh? I dont know, I think its ok, I like the Browns helmet and the Bengals old and new helmets

Orange is hard to pull off. The Browns uniforms have always been terrible but somehow the Anaheim Ducks Black/Gold/Orange uniforms work really well despite being similar in color.

Also, why are they changing the Bills back to Navy? Their Royal Blue unis were the best in the league IMO. Its like half the league is going to navy to be as bland as possible.

Well judging by this thread people love 'as bland as possible' 1970s uniforms where every uniform was the same rendition of 'solid color jerseys and pants with some stripe variation on the sleeves and down the legs of the pants'

Copy+Paste that across all teams uniforms and boom people somehow love it

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

7DnBrnc53 wrote:
biletnikoff wrote:
daineraider wrote:
Broncos are hideous, but the Jags helmet alone makes them the worst, imo. A black to gold gradient is the worst.

I like the Broncos helmet but the uniform is just odd

the shirt is plain..oh, lets add this on the side..did nothing for it

If it was up to me, I would do a massive overhaul of Denver's unis (along with Tennessee's, Jacksonville's, and Tampa Bay's). I know that some people would say that they won a SB with the current look, but they also had the Josh McDaniels era with that look, too. Talent wins, not unis.

Whats wrong with the Broncos uniforms? Not saying they are the best thing in the world but they are far from the Bucs or Browns horror show uniforms. They are a good balance of being simple yet having a post-2000s look to them.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Broncos uniforms aren't as unique as some of the other ones and yes, orange is hard to pull off, BUT the thing that makes them great is that orange sticks out like no other and when Sports Authority Field (and even some other stadiums last year) is a sea of orange, it adds to the effect. Orange isn't a color you see every day so in that respect they are as unique as they can be.

I can't think of a better way to describe it.. sorry.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twizlers wrote:
The Broncos uniforms aren't as unique as some of the other ones and yes, orange is hard to pull off, BUT the thing that makes them great is that orange sticks out like no other and when Sports Authority Field (and even some other stadiums last year) is a sea of orange, it adds to the effect. Orange isn't a color you see every day so in that respect they are as unique as they can be.

I can't think of a better way to describe it.. sorry.

If they used the all orange I actually wouldnt mind them. The white pants make those some of the ugliest unis in the league.

Its just ugly

And that stripe really needs to be changed. Its the worst stripe in the league. If they were to clean them up a little bit I dont think I would mind them as much. If not they just need to go back to these.

I dont know, maybe its just me letting out my hate for the Broncos, but the ones they are using right now are just ugly. I like their old logo and a clean up of the throwbacks would be the best option. If they keep the current set up, they need to keep the pants and jersey color the same. Whether it be the orange or the blue.

Joe_is_the_best at making sigs
RedRider

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
The current Saints uniforms are a hundred times better than those ones.
well you're from Iowa, what do you know about fashion? Laughing

The Saints' classics do have way too many stripes, but their current ones do look like black unitards more fitted for men's ballet than football. They need to go in a new direction.
Non-Issue

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rrrrrrrams wrote:
Non-Issue wrote:

We are phasing out the gold. And I am glad. I despise it. We need to go back to blue and yellow or blue and white. It sounds more and more like the choice is blue and white and I couldnt be happier. Those are Los Angeles Rams colors. It will look so good on the field with y'alls red and gold. Back to the old rivalry.

demoff already said on twitter, that we will go back to blue and yellow.

He also said there wouldnt be any uniform changes until 2019. So I think all options are still on the table. In fact, I am almost positive that they would be doing some sort of market analysis to see what the fanbase would prefer before making any sort of definitive decision.

I take it all with a grain of salt though. I prefer the dark blue and white. But I grew up watching them play in the light blue and yellow. So either way, I am fine. If it's blue and white I will be happy. If it's blue and yellow I will be happy. The gold has to go though.

Kiltman on the sig!

2016 Adopt-a-Ram Jared Goff:
Comp:99 Att:185 Yards:969 TD:5 INT:7 Rating:65.7
PapaShogun

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedRider wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:

The Saints' classics do have way too many stripes, but their current ones do look like black unitards more fitted for men's ballet than football. They need to go in a new direction.

I think the Saints uniforms of the late eighties were also good. I always liked the state of Louisiana emblem on the side. Maybe leave it off the pants though.

- Five Time Super Bowl Champion San Francisco 49ers -
1981*1984*1988*1989*1994*
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PapaShogun wrote:
RedRider wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:

I think the Saints uniforms of the late eighties were also good. I always liked the state of Louisiana emblem on the side. Maybe leave it off the pants though.

Those are good, except the Louisiana logo looks kind of stupid thrown on there.

Edit: Moreso on the jersey. The logo on the pants doesn't look completely awful.

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
PapaShogun

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ I'll take that over a generic Nike logo, nothing at all, or just the Saints logo which is already on the helmet.

- Five Time Super Bowl Champion San Francisco 49ers -
1981*1984*1988*1989*1994*
Pugger

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to go OT but I have a question for Saints fans: why are you called the Saints? What was the reason for choosing that name?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: