You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Box Office Discussion: Star Wars shattering records
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 63, 64, 65
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
seminoles1


Joined: 10 Jan 2005
Posts: 42289
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HorizontoZenith wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
That is unbelievable for a movie that people thought would be the lowest grossing of the DCEU

Makes you wonder how much BvS and Suicide Squad would have made if they were good.
Seriously. I think DC has an inherent advantage over Marvel, so if they do it well, their movies should make more money.
_________________

To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift-Steve Prefontaine

The future is not set. There is no fate but what we make for ourselves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
KManX89


Joined: 25 Oct 2012
Posts: 9419
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HorizontoZenith wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
That is unbelievable for a movie that people thought would be the lowest grossing of the DCEU

Makes you wonder how much BvS and Suicide Squad would have made if they were good.


BvS opened strong, so it surely would've passed $1 bil if it got good WOM.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Superman(DH23)


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 19907
Location: Abdi on the sick sig
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HorizontoZenith wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
That is unbelievable for a movie that people thought would be the lowest grossing of the DCEU

Makes you wonder how much BvS and Suicide Squad would have made if they were good.
BVS much more than Suicide Squad (and I contend SS was good, but had some stupid stuff that should have been cut/reshot). BVS was a $2B potential movie. It opened to more than $450M worldwide if I recall, and thats with crushingly bad reviews. Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman are without a doubt the most iconic superheroes on the planet. If Joss Whedon fixes Justice League and critics like it, Justice League is probably going to be on the Force Awakens, Avatar level.
_________________

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HorizontoZenith


Joined: 03 Mar 2016
Posts: 5911
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm confident in Joss Whedon, but I'm not remotely confident in what Snyder had already done. I feel like Justice League is going to be a polished and glittered turd. I'll be able to live with that so long as, going forward, there are no more turds.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Superman(DH23)


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 19907
Location: Abdi on the sick sig
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HorizontoZenith wrote:
Yeah, I'm confident in Joss Whedon, but I'm not remotely confident in what Snyder had already done. I feel like Justice League is going to be a polished and glittered turd. I'll be able to live with that so long as, going forward, there are no more turds.
idk what snyder has already done or how much will b used. They are doing 6 weeks of reahoots and thats enough time to reshoot the entire movie if they want to. It will still b the snyder plan and vision but it will b whedons interpretation of it and that im sure will b good
_________________

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Superman(DH23)


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 19907
Location: Abdi on the sick sig
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonder Woman now at $745.7M thru 5 weeks, and hasn't opened in Japan yet. Will likely pass GOTG2 domestically this week.
_________________

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
seminoles1


Joined: 10 Jan 2005
Posts: 42289
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
Wonder Woman now at $745.7M thru 5 weeks, and hasn't opened in Japan yet. Will likely pass GOTG2 domestically this week.
I think WB is going to keep this thing trucking along until it sneaks past $400 million.
_________________

To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift-Steve Prefontaine

The future is not set. There is no fate but what we make for ourselves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
seminoles1


Joined: 10 Jan 2005
Posts: 42289
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope War for the Planet of the Apes doesn't get lost in the shuffle.
_________________

To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift-Steve Prefontaine

The future is not set. There is no fate but what we make for ourselves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
KManX89


Joined: 25 Oct 2012
Posts: 9419
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seminoles1 wrote:
I really hope War for the Planet of the Apes doesn't get lost in the shuffle.


Sadly, I think Spider-Man: Homecoming's numbers are gonna be impacted because of it.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Superman(DH23)


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 19907
Location: Abdi on the sick sig
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seminoles1 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Wonder Woman now at $745.7M thru 5 weeks, and hasn't opened in Japan yet. Will likely pass GOTG2 domestically this week.
I think WB is going to keep this thing trucking along until it sneaks past $400 million.
it finished in the top5 in its 6th week of release. No reason to pull it yet
_________________

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MikeT14


Joined: 02 Jan 2006
Posts: 10135
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

9 movies hit $300 million domestic last year, only 3 so far this year (Spidey is at 278 so it could get there).

(three in top 10 under 200 million, none under 270 in 2016).

Granted Star Wars will easily do this, and Justice League SHOULD cross $300, but definitely is a down year for BO.
_________________

- mike23md

D.C. Sports: Hope is fine, but believing is where we screw up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bootsy


Joined: 19 Oct 2010
Posts: 734
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeT14 wrote:
9 movies hit $300 million domestic last year, only 3 so far this year (Spidey is at 278 so it could get there).

(three in top 10 under 200 million, none under 270 in 2016).

Granted Star Wars will easily do this, and Justice League SHOULD cross $300, but definitely is a down year for BO.


There's still time, in addition to SW and JL, there's Blade Runner, Coco, Thor, Jumanji, Ferdinand. Not saying those are locks but they are possibilities.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MikeT14


Joined: 02 Jan 2006
Posts: 10135
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bootsy wrote:
MikeT14 wrote:
9 movies hit $300 million domestic last year, only 3 so far this year (Spidey is at 278 so it could get there).

(three in top 10 under 200 million, none under 270 in 2016).

Granted Star Wars will easily do this, and Justice League SHOULD cross $300, but definitely is a down year for BO.


There's still time, in addition to SW and JL, there's Blade Runner, Coco, Thor, Jumanji, Ferdinand. Not saying those are locks but they are possibilities.


I really don't know how many of those will touch $200 let alone $300 million.

Thor probably will, but the first one only did 176 and the 2nd 206.

Coco hasn't had the hype normally, so I'm not so sure there either, but it is Pixar.
_________________

- mike23md

D.C. Sports: Hope is fine, but believing is where we screw up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 63, 64, 65
Page 65 of 65

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group