You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tom Brady/Faulk VS Manning/LT VS Rodgers/Peterson
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which QB/RB Tandem Would You Take
Combo 1
36%
 36%  [ 12 ]
Combo 2
36%
 36%  [ 12 ]
Combo 3
27%
 27%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 33

Bobikus

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2. I think the difference between QBs is negligible while I see LDT as a step above the other two RBs.

Also it's not like Peyton was some stranger to throwing to his RB.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Combo 3

Rodgers is the best of the bunch and you're giving him the best pure runner of the three. He doesn't need a pass catching RB, just a guy who can churn out yards on the ground and help keep drives going.
thebestever6

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brady is the best qb in my mind because hypotheticals are such a dumb stat when arguing against a resume because I can't prove it.

But since this is a hypothetical post I think Manning is the best qb of the bunch I'd think he'd have equal to better success with the pats. and I think Lt is the most complete back of that group.

I'm not sure how anyone picks the brady combo because we saw manning and faulk and Faulk got traded they did nothing ground breaking.

I think Lt, and Peterson were transcendent rbs.

I honestly think the best combo would be peterson manning. Manning was a surgeon at the line. Who never had a physical pure runner like AP. I think AP is so under valued as a pass catcher. I think with just Peyton and Peterson. That offense would be so efficient. It would be like always playing chess with the game starting out a move away from check mate.

Big Palooka wrote:
"They don't have to worry about him making consistent passes. They will win another 2-3 max with him at QB."
mr vegas

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's either 1 or 3 for me.....if a gun to my head I'd pick 1.

Faulk is one the most complete backs ever. He made Kurt Warner (who was playing arena league 2 years prior) an MVP and super bowl winner. Match him up with the GOAT, who knows exactly how to utilize him - would be a deadly combo.

Rodgers and Peterson are two amazingly talented players, they could feed off each other and God only knows how good that offense could be.

Manning and LT is obviously great too. Manning did have a great running back in Edgerrin James who was similar to Faulk as a great two way back. James was more of a runner and had 4 seasons over 1500 yds and 3 years over 2000 YScm. Faulk never ran for 1400 yds but had 5 years with 80 catches and 4 2000 YScm seasons- one season with 80 catches and 2000 YScm was with Manning in his rookie year. Bottom line, we saw what Manning was with a great back, he was great but the other two would be even more elevated if they had a great back consistently IMO.
glenearl18

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll go with the best QB ever and the best RB of that bunch. Option 3.
joru1000

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably 3.

If I were a QB, I'd care more about having an elite runner who demanded 8 in the box, and then just throw to my receivers, than having an elite pass catcher out of the backfield who didn't demand 8 in the box.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: