Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lets wake this forum up !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:08 pm    Post subject: Lets wake this forum up ! Reply with quote

GOSH !

We have so many promising things to talk about with this upcoming season.

The tough opening 4 games.

The WR position

The MLB position

Rich Scanlon in NFLEL looking like the defensive MVP

Bartee is a Safety now (college position)

lots to talk about folks.. lets get involved here and discuss the futre AFC WEST Champs !
timmay98

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel ya. I was new to this forum a month before the draft, and this thing was a rocking with replies I couldn't hardly miss a day without checking it. But now it seems like everybodies gone dormaint. Here's what I can offer you.

1. The opening four games will certainly be tough. Not just because of who the teams are but our defense will still be getting to know each others tendacies. NY Jets I respect a lot but I believe they lost a few defensive players and though they'll have Coles back who knows how fast they will rekindle their relationship. I go 50/50 the Chiefs come out on top. Good ol' Oakland! I really don't have a lot of respect for Oakland, sure they beefed up their offense but they still have Kerry Collins in the backfield a new and unproven back and a defense they may look worse then ours from last year. 80/20 Chiefs win by 14. Denver I have more respect for Denver then I do Oakland but Jake Plummer is so come and go that you never know if he's going to show up or not. What I do know is he's prone to throw INT's and he seemed to take advantage of us with the roll out. The roll out is not going to have the same affect and with the added ability to rush the QB and a better secondary the sacks and int's will increase. 60/40 Chiefs win in Denver. Philly we will most lose but hopefullt it will be a close game and we will prove we're ready to run with the big dawgs. 60/40 Chiefs lose. Overall 2-2 or hopefully 3-1.

2. WR position: I really, really hope they don't sign Mitchell. I don't care if he pays the Chiefs to be on the squad. I don't like what he's about, he's not that talented he's started 17 of 63 games and only caught 90 passes for 1200 yards. And he's annoying and can be a cancer in the locker room. Do we remember everyone saying if only McNabb had someone to throw to, guess what Fred-ex was on that team and for 4 years. NO THANK YOU! Az-Hakim sure as long as he's not overpaid. Koren Robinson yes if we could afford him which we probably can't. I'd like to get Rod Gardner if he became available. He's a big target and with Kennison/Parker going deep Gonzo across the middle would open up some plays wether it be downfield or across the middle.

3. MLB that is a complete mystery to me. I hope Scanlon can come in and prove he can carry it over to the NFL, but he's been compared to Maz. Unfortunately Maz was such a one-sided player (terrible against the pass) that you saw him getting beat down-field. Hopefully he's faster then Maz. Kawika I have lost faith in, Maz was too slow pre-injury. I really wouldn't be surprised if they put Bell back in the middle and had Johnson/Fujita/Barber/Fox, yes I said Keyaron Fox, can fight it out for the
OLB pos. It would be great if Scanlon was the real deal but I/m not that optimistic.

I really feel like a huge weight was lifted off my chest. Thank you Arrowhead86 i hope that I have in return helped you by putting a little effort into this forum. I'd be intersted in your response.
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 1st four games are gonna be tough with all aprts trying to GEL and Warfield most likely being suspended for 4 games from his DUI. I wonder if Hodge can step up and play opposite Surtain for that stretch. If we come out of it 2-2 I would be a lil dissappointed. I'm wanting 3-1 with the only loss being out at Denver. I know the Eagles are defending NFC champs and all but in our house.. coming home off a tough stretch of 2 games versus the division on the road, we should beat them. Surtain takes away TO and they become very controllable.. control the line of scrimmage and running game as well as McNabbs scrambles and I just dont care what the D is.. our offense is high octane and will only stop themselves.. but not in this game !! I think opening day at Arrowhead will be too much for the Jets to handle. The Raiders are improved on offense deep threats but when are they gonna have the ball to use it ? with their sorry D.. the Chiefs time of possession is gonna keep the ball away while scorig on long drawn out drives (picture our def last year) plus throwing deep is risky.. perfect for a takeaway type defense Gunther likes and to exploit some big play tries. After a big game with the Raiders.. and the Broncos coming off a loss to the Chargers.. this will be the one that I see them struggling to get things going.

Scanlon was named Def MVP today for NFLEL ! thats great !th competition for MLB will be heated ! Maz is running full speed they say.. Scanlon will be confident and in football shape in mind and body ! Mitchell has alot of physical talent.. if his head catches up.. he' s the best option ! and Boomer is just a complete unknow and could be the worst or best of the bunch.. cant wait to see more of him and find out !

I say find a way to get Morton back at a veteran mimimum type contract with incentives.. the longer he sits the better he might opt for that deal. one year and then go to FA.. otherwise get Az. no one else should be bothered with.
CHIEFS 4 LIFE

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 5:48 pm    Post subject: well Reply with quote

Well with everything to talk about im just praying that we have a good season and win the superbowl.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super Bowl all depends on your defense.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: