Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Eli Manning criticizes Tiki Barber
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Go Bolts

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know why everyone is saying it is good that Eli is mouthing off. It isn't. He is making up excuses as to why they failed to achieve success last season. He should be able to carry the team, and he couldn't. that was Tiki's job, because Eli couldn't. Tiki caused some problems, but they wouldn't have such an impact if Eli could have carried the team.

Regular Season: 10 picks (Chargers Record), 3 TDs, 109.88 yard FG return (NFL Record)
Postseason: 2 picks, 1 TD
Pro Bowl: 2 picks (Tie Pro Bowl Record)
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:17 am    Post subject: Re: hmm Reply with quote

STELRFAN wrote:
What big game has he won?

Whats his playoff record?

Whats his career completion %

Td-Int Ratio

?

You said Philip Rivers is better what has he done?
Phire

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pre-season hasn't even started yet and this team is already starting...
I'm beginning to think it's not Coughlin at all.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
mlv

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Phire"]Pre-season hasn't even started yet and this team is already starting...
I'm beginning to think it's not Coughlin at all.[/quote]

Starting what? Tiki Barber is no longer a member of the New York Giants. It is extremely clear to me that Eli is ready to take complete charge as a leader (at least on offense). About a month or so ago, Antonio Pierce (the defensive leader of the Giants) basically said the same things about Barber that Eli said. It's clear to me the real leaders are sick of Barber and that they are ready and excited to move on.

Tiki Barber was a great player, but his retirement is addition by subtraction.
titan52490

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eli Manning receives more hate than any player I have ever seen.

Most people hate him because of that whole Chargers fiasco. Well, I guess most people forget that John Elway did the exact same thing?

Quote:
In the 1983 NFL Draft, Elway was selected as the 1st overall pick by the then Baltimore Colts. Elway had, by then, played two summers of minor league baseball for the New York Yankees organization. Additionally, Elway had publicly stated that he refused to join the Colts organization, feeling the team could not allow him to be successful. He demanded a trade. Eventually, Colts owner Robert Irsay gave in. The Colts traded him to the Denver Broncos for QB Mark Herrmann, rights to OL Chris Hinton and a first-round pick (OG Ron Solt) in the 1985 NFL Draft on May 2, 1983.

Lets also not forget that Elway's first 3 years in the league, weren't great.

42 games, 8,152 yards, 47 TDs, 52 Ints, 6.5 Y/A, 53% completion percentage, 69.04 QB rating

Compare that to Eli's

41 games, 8,049 yards, 54 TDs, 44 Ints, 6.3 Y/A, 54 % completion percentage, 73.2 Rating

Oh, and Elway didn't make the pro bowl until his 4th season. So, Maybe I just don't see why Eli is so bad.
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titan52490 wrote:

Most people hate him because of that whole Chargers fiasco. Well, I guess most people forget that John Elway did the exact same thing?

Quote:
In the 1983 NFL Draft, Elway was selected as the 1st overall pick by the then Baltimore Colts. Elway had, by then, played two summers of minor league baseball for the New York Yankees organization. Additionally, Elway had publicly stated that he refused to join the Colts organization, feeling the team could not allow him to be successful. He demanded a trade. Eventually, Colts owner Robert Irsay gave in. The Colts traded him to the Denver Broncos for QB Mark Herrmann, rights to OL Chris Hinton and a first-round pick (OG Ron Solt) in the 1985 NFL Draft on May 2, 1983.

42 games, 8,152 yards, 47 TDs, 52 Ints, 6.5 Y/A, 53% completion percentage, 69.04 QB rating

Compare that to Eli's

41 games, 8,049 yards, 54 TDs, 44 Ints, 6.3 Y/A, 54 % completion percentage, 73.2 Rating

Oh, and Elway didn't make the pro bowl until his 4th season. So, Maybe I just don't see why Eli is so bad.

Excellent points right here. I am not a huge ELI fan but I don't understand why he is so disliked. He has actually played well at times but has made some bad mental decisions and they had the worst OC in the NFl and he is now gone.If he would have been able to sit like some QB's for a year or 2 and learn instead of learning on the job in New York no less he would have been able to work on his mistakes.
GiantRutgersFan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also the Chargers did exactly what they do. They tried to nickel and Dime Phil Rivers and didnt give him a fair contract. So he had to holdout and as a result sat on the bench for 2 years.

Chargers used to do that kind of stuff all the time and I think Eli was sort of right about not wanting to deal with all those issues.
GEE MEN

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titan52490 wrote:

Quote:

Compare that to Eli's

I use to respond to these Eli posts in the past because I felt it my obligation to show how biased certain posts were about Eli. Many responses just repeat alot of the same nonsense without really understanding the big picture. I am a Giants fan but I'm a football fan first and very few people can really understand the facts that you have outlined in your post here. Went right over their heads--the hate for Eli blinds them. Or the facts that Peyton and Eli's numbers were relatively comparable their first couple of years (not identical of course). To read most posts about Eli you think those expect him to win the Superbowl beginning his first year every year therafter otherwise he is a complete failure. Peyton didn't even seem to have the much hate and scrutiny against him. Fortunately, every once in a while there is an objective post like this one supported by facts from a knowledgeable football fan that puts things in their proper perspective and basically shuts the haters up. Has Eli been great? Of course not. He's been terrible? Of course not. He's been inconsistent, but so has virtually every other QB in the league not named Peyton or Tom, that's why there are only 2 elite QBs in the league.

Desperado82 wrote:
I will never defend Romo again. I'm done. We may only have a shot at the playoffs or what have you because of him, but he will NEVER put us over the hump.
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't kid yourself even if ELI led the Giants to the Super Bowl there would still be critcism.Look at peyton.He "Dilfered" it to a Super Bowl win is what some peopel are saying now that he finally led the team to a Bowl.It will be the same for ELi if they ever win one.It's blind hate for whatever reason. I am guessing jealousy.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: