Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

pats might not sign asante
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dtwizzy2k5

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patsfreak007 wrote:
Texans02 wrote:
BigBen7 wrote:
Looks like Samuel has his Super Bowl rings and now he wants to use them to cash in.

I thought I read an article that said he has a tattoo on his arm that says "Get Paid". Is that true?

Its on his chest not his arm. But it does say "Get Paid".

He is the opposite of what i like to see from football players. I'd rather see players who play for the love of the sport and care more about winning than money but obviously it's understandable if someone wants money instead because football is a business and money means a lot to some people...

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=4032056&sid=46043bada13909aa3b3823c562cb2514#4032056 CLICK THE LINK FOR MY LATEST MOCK DRAFT
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
patsfan4life999

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dtwizzy2k5 wrote:
patsfreak007 wrote:
Texans02 wrote:
BigBen7 wrote:
Looks like Samuel has his Super Bowl rings and now he wants to use them to cash in.

I thought I read an article that said he has a tattoo on his arm that says "Get Paid". Is that true?

He is the opposite of what i like to see from football players. I'd rather see players who play for the love of the sport and care more about winning than money but obviously it's understandable if someone wants money instead because football is a business and money means a lot to some people...

but he wants the money because he think he is the best player on that team and the best CB in the game today because he had 10 picks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
therealdeal

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dtwizzy2k5 wrote:
patsfreak007 wrote:
Texans02 wrote:
BigBen7 wrote:

Its more than just a business.. They are the ones putting their lives on the line with what they do, and the NFL Owners are making a killing out of them.

So, its only right to cash in when its time to cash in. When players deserve the money, their pay should be upped
GulfBayWarriors

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

His stock will never be higher than it is right now. He wants the big deal. I dont think he is worth the money that he wants. The NFL is all about getting good production for cheap cost, especially from role players. If the Pats dont feel like Samuel is a cornerstone of their D, I think both parties should move on. However, why wouldnt you want to play on this Pats team bc I think most would agree that offensively atleast, its the most talented they've had in this run they have made since 2000.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

therealdeal wrote:
dtwizzy2k5 wrote:
patsfreak007 wrote:
Texans02 wrote:
BigBen7 wrote:

Its more than just a business.. They are the ones putting their lives on the line with what they do, and the NFL Owners are making a killing out of them.

So, its only right to cash in when its time to cash in. When players deserve the money, their pay should be upped
im sorry did you just say put thier lives on the line? i thought thats what this guy did.

the fact is they play a game for a living. they should enjoy it while they are at it. its not so much fun to play on a losing team.
spush

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos_fan _from _uk wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
dtwizzy2k5 wrote:
patsfreak007 wrote:
Texans02 wrote:
BigBen7 wrote:

im sorry did you just say put thier lives on the line? i thought thats what this guy did.

the fact is they play a game for a living. they should enjoy it while they are at it. its not so much fun to play on a losing team.

Applause

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This guy isn't going to get paid on potential. He isn't making top corner money, but has put up top corner stats the last two years. He isn't the one that sets fair market value, the owners that sign the checks do. He deserves market value. I don't know why the Patriots don't think anyone but Brady and Seymour are interested in getting paid. New England is cheap. Sorry, Deion Branch, you aren't that valuable and we have a AFC Championship to lose with our new favorite wideout, Reche Caldwell.

Sig by Spartan4Life

The Lions can't suck forever,right?
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no problems with him wanting a long term contract and not wanting the franchise tag, but he should have handled it internally and not in the press the way he has. He should have told them to trade him, and not the press, or that he'll play with the franchise this year and hit the open market next year.

Personally, I think they should keep him because he is way more valuable than Branch was to their team at a tougher position to get good players.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
Nopussycat

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
I have no problems with him wanting a long term contract and not wanting the franchise tag, but he should have handled it internally and not in the press the way he has. He should have told them to trade him, and not the press, or that he'll play with the franchise this year and hit the open market next year.

Personally, I think they should keep him because he is way more valuable than Branch was to their team at a tougher position to get good players.

I agree with everything you said. I just used Branch as an example of how the Patriots claim "Team first" but are so willing to kick key players to the curb. Please don't make me name them all because we could be here for weeks. Just remember the Patriots motto " We're all family here until you complain about a injury or want more money."

Sig by Spartan4Life

The Lions can't suck forever,right?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: