Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Fans Upset Over Quinn
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dtwizzy2k5

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:29 pm    Post subject: Fans Upset Over Quinn Reply with quote

At a local mall recently, Quinn set up an autograph session in which fans thought they could bring anything they wanted and get Quinn to sign it. Turns out, Quinn was only giving away his own autographed pictures and merchandise, and they cost anywhere from 75 to 225 dollars!

http://www.newsnet5.com/sports/13731744/detail.html

This is rediculous and while i think Quinn will be a good quarterback, I don't really like his attitude. I especially feel like he will hold out to try and make more money like a bum.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=4032056&sid=46043bada13909aa3b3823c562cb2514#4032056 CLICK THE LINK FOR MY LATEST MOCK DRAFT
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
GFalcon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

was he giving out jerseys, helmets, footballs also besides pictures. wow, if they range from $75-$225 i would love that than an simple old t shirt or hat signed. Very Happy though did they have to pay for the merchandise Confused , then i feel that would be ricdiouls. Ive always liked quinn

Last edited by GFalcon on Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, well isn't Quinn just awesome. Maybe he is trying to make some extra cash to make up for slipping out the Top 10. I hope they are for some charity or something, if not thats kind of weird for him to do.

Robust Perry wrote:
They were the dirtiest organization in football

In reference to the Saints.
dtwizzy2k5

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GFalcon wrote:
was he giving out jerseys, helmets, footballs also besides pictures. wow, if they range from $75-$225 i would love that than an simple old t shirt or hat signed. Very Happy though did they have to pay for the merchandise Confused , then i feel that would be ricdiouls. Ive always liked quinn

Yeah according to the article signed photos were 75$ and other signed merchandise ranged all the way up to 225$.
That's a jerk move for Quinn and if he really cared about his fans at all (which he doesnt) he would not only give free autographs like every other normal player does but he would let fans bring their own gear to get signed instead of sellign his own junk.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=4032056&sid=46043bada13909aa3b3823c562cb2514#4032056 CLICK THE LINK FOR MY LATEST MOCK DRAFT
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
HOVA333

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW What a bum. Just be a nice guy a sign pics and jerseys, and be beloved by ur Browns fans.

Adopt A Patriot
Logan Ryan : CB
Tkls: Int: FF:
Eagles $5$

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he is holding out, then why is he coming to camp to sign autograph and participate in the team activates???

If i was a browns fan, I woundnt even want his autograph.... he hasnt done anything yet.

TommyC376 on the Sig
dtwizzy2k5

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles $5$ wrote:
If he is holding out, then why is he coming to camp to sign autograph and participate in the team activates???

So he can earn enough money selling autographs to the point where he doesn't need to hold out anymore! That's his master plan...

Night Angel

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, since Quinn is likely to hold out, he has to pay his bills somehow, so what better way than ripping off the fans of the team he is trying to milk. Confused
Hilit

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quinns to smart to pull this stuff. Im guessing his agent played a big hand in this.

Apprently 95% of holdouts are the players agents idea.

milesles wrote:
Regulate wrote:
Of course Favre is gonna play this Sunday..He is the definition of Man

Did he text you a pic?
Night Angel

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hilit wrote:
Quinns to smart to pull this stuff. Im guessing his agent played a big hand in this.

If Quinn is too smart to pull this stuff, shouldnt he be smart enough to let keep an agent from messing things up for him then? Either way, Quinn is making a bad move, regardless how you look at it.
Hilit

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Night Angel wrote:
Hilit wrote:

If Quinn is too smart to pull this stuff, shouldnt he be smart enough to let keep an agent from messing things up for him then? Either way, Quinn is making a bad move, regardless how you look at it.

Im not excusing him from it. However some of the most humble players have done worse because of agents influence.

milesles wrote:
Regulate wrote:
Of course Favre is gonna play this Sunday..He is the definition of Man

Did he text you a pic?
spush

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its the reserve cash he needs to fund his camp long holdout.

Everyone in CLE was so happy when Brady stated he wanted to be a Brown heading into the draft.

He did, but only at #3 for #3 money.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holding out and charging for autographs happens all the time in the NFL.

If this were anyone else, it would be a non-issue.

NFL players are independent contractors and that is their right as Americans.

Just more Quinn hating....

ProFootballTalk wrote:
Just as one NFL train wreck finally is unfolding in Atlanta, we sense another one coming on the shores of Lake Erie. It might not happen this year, but it's coming.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Laughing

That literally made me laugh out loud. Being 1 day late for camp and making a dollar has put Quinn in a league with Vick? Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hilit wrote:

His agent shouldn't be meddling in his autograph sessions Confused
And besides, the player controls/pays for the agent, not the other way around. If quinn actually cared about his fans at all like any other normal player he would give free autographs regardless of what his agent thinks.

navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

K2fromtheU wrote:
Holding out and charging for autographs happens all the time in the NFL.

If this were anyone else, it would be a non-issue.

NFL players are independent contractors and that is their right as Americans.

Just more Quinn hating....

ProFootballTalk wrote:
Just as one NFL train wreck finally is unfolding in Atlanta, we sense another one coming on the shores of Lake Erie. It might not happen this year, but it's coming.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Laughing

That literally made me laugh out loud. Being 1 day late for camp and making a dollar has put Quinn in a league with Vick? Rolling Eyes

In all my time as a Saints fan, I cannot remember anyone charging me for an autograph, with the exception of some charity cases; and most of the goods were game worn apparel and such (Bush for example). And it was by people already signed to the team. I have never heard of anything like this. I wouldn't say anything like him being Vick-esque, but I think its a little weird.

Robust Perry wrote:
They were the dirtiest organization in football

In reference to the Saints.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: