Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official Baltimore Orioles Thread

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:07 am    Post subject: Official Baltimore Orioles Thread Reply with quote

hey are there any O's fans in the house? did anyone catch the game yesterday? Tejada wins it in the 11th, and the O's pull into a tie w/ Boston for the Wild Card lead. We're only a half game back of the yankees. good news from the minnesota game is that sosa and miggy hit their first homer in about a month, and that staff ace erik bedard is finally back, and pitched another gem.

i think the most important question rite now is that of AJ Burnett? This would be huge gamble, because of the huge contract of Lowells, and the fact that if Burnett leaves in the winter, we will have lost Penn and Bigbie, two of our best young guys, for nothing. we need Lowell to hit well if he comes, and i think Camden Yards can definitely help him w/ that. The Washington Post reported that it will either be Juan Encarnacion or Mike Lowell, with the O's asking for Encarnacion over Lowell. If Lowell comes, he'll play first base, so the "pro bowler" Melvin Mora will stay at third. If Flanagan and Beattie believe that we can make the playoffs this year if we nab Burnett, then i won't doubt them. they better sign him to a long term deal if he arrives though.
"The really important kind of freedom involves attention, and awareness, and discipline, and effort, and being able truly to care about other people and to sacrifice for them, over and over, in myriad petty little unsexy ways, every day.
raven5255

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

O's fan right here man. I completly agree with what you said about the Burnett trade. I dont want to see Mora moved to the outfield and Lowell's contract is ridiculous. It could easily backfire like you said if Burnett signs elsewhere at the end of the season and then we lose 2 of our best young players in Hayden Penn and Larry Bigbie.
droopedupmofo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another O's fan.

I think if the Burnett trade goes down, they'll definitely be thinking of working out a long term contract for Burnett, otherwise it's stupid to trade away potentially great players just to have a good SP for about half a season. If Lowell comes in the trade and he plays 1st, then I guess that means Palmeiro will be back to DHing. That must also put Gibbons in the OF permenantly.
raven5255

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless we can work out a long term deal with Burnett i dont want to do this trade, it would be too risky if we dont have him resigned.
droopedupmofo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming the trade goes through, they'll probably wait to see how well he does against the Yankees and Red Sox before they attempt to work out a long term deal.
BaltimoreTerp

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah apparently the O's are going to have a window to negotiate w/ Burnett before the deal goes down. i don't see the deal going down at all if they don't get an extension worked out. The O's have been cautious about this in the past, like this past offseason when they had a deal for Hudson worked out but didn't trade because they couldn't get a long term extension worked out. i'm kinda glad that deal didn't go through now though, seeing as Bedard and Roberts were part of the deal i believe, and both are having unbelievable seasons, while Hudson has been injured for the majority of the year i believe.
"The really important kind of freedom involves attention, and awareness, and discipline, and effort, and being able truly to care about other people and to sacrifice for them, over and over, in myriad petty little unsexy ways, every day.
BaltimoreTerp

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

O's fall 4-3 to Twins, Ryan blows his 5th save. the red sox moved to the top of the division after their win over the d rays and the yank's loss to texas. With the loss, we're a half game back from the Twins and Yanks in the wild card, and one game back from the BoSox in the division, with the Burnett deal looming.
raven5255

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tough loss. BJ Ryan better get out of this slump, he almost lost us the game last night as well.
droopedupmofo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should've just went into extra innings from the highlights I saw. The throwing and catching errors cost them the game.

The Orioles need to start hitting like they were earlier in the season. I know the Twins have good pitching, but the Orioles' hitting is better than this.
The Gnat

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was at the game last night, and well the last run did score on a throwing error, it wasn't a bad play by Tejada. He went deep into the whole and dove for the ball, he came up and had to throw quickly, off of one knee, and his momentum was taking towards the OF, so he was throwing a little bit across his body. A amazing throw could have gotten Jones, but it was a great play for Tejada to get the ball and get off as good a throw, that even had a chance of being there in time, as he did. I do have on question for you guys. What is up with B.J. Ryan. At home he has an era of 0.40, but on the road it is basically at 5. Is there any reason you guys can tell?

raven5255

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it was the rookie catcher eli whiteside that cost us the game more then anybody. First he throws the ball into centerfield then he cant stop a wild pitch which sends in the winning run.
The Gnat

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raven5255 wrote:
it was the rookie catcher eli whiteside that cost us the game more then anybody. First he throws the ball into centerfield then he cant stop a wild pitch which sends in the winning run.

The wild pitch sent in the tieing run. The Twins one the game on the throwing error by Tejada a couple of plays later.

raven5255

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my fault, i got the order mixed up. my point is that, yea BJ Ryan blew another save, but it was the 2 horrible plays by whiteside that really cost us the game.
droopedupmofo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Gnat wrote:
I was at the game last night, and well the last run did score on a throwing error, it wasn't a bad play by Tejada. He went deep into the whole and dove for the ball, he came up and had to throw quickly, off of one knee, and his momentum was taking towards the OF, so he was throwing a little bit across his body. A amazing throw could have gotten Jones, but it was a great play for Tejada to get the ball and get off as good a throw, that even had a chance of being there in time, as he did. I do have on question for you guys. What is up with B.J. Ryan. At home he has an era of 0.40, but on the road it is basically at 5. Is there any reason you guys can tell?

I wasn't referring to Tejada's throw, but Palmeiro's catching error on the throw (it was catchable), and Whiteside's errors.

And wow, had Tejada ran hard from the beginning on his first hit, or just held up at 1st, today's game would've at least been in extra innings.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baseball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: