Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Derailed D-Train
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NateDawg

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, i just traded him on fantasy team right before the break, i kind of thought this might happen.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ronniebrown wrote:
If he dose get tired during the second half why not pitch him on 6 days rest instead of 5? It might make a huge difference but mayhbe it will give him enough rest to pitch bettr in the secind half.

Because pitchers are on a routine. Messing with how much rest they have in between starts messes up the preparation that goes into the start. If they really want to save him, they shouldn't let him pitch all those complete games at the beginning of the year.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iavikefn wrote:
ronniebrown wrote:
If he dose get tired during the second half why not pitch him on 6 days rest instead of 5? It might make a huge difference but mayhbe it will give him enough rest to pitch bettr in the secind half.

Because pitchers are on a routine. Messing with how much rest they have in between starts messes up the preparation that goes into the start. If they really want to save him, they shouldn't let him pitch all those complete games at the beginning of the year.

I am not stupid I know they are on a routine like Randy Johnson pitches on 4 days rest so if he can do that just make Dontrelle start pitching on 6 days rest for the rest of his career.

~ Lork
iavikefn

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ronniebrown wrote:
iavikefn wrote:
ronniebrown wrote:

I am not stupid I know they are on a routine like Randy Johnson pitches on 4 days rest so if he can do that just make Dontrelle start pitching on 6 days rest for the rest of his career.

I'm not saying that you are stupid. I was answering the question that you asked.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iavikefn wrote:
ronniebrown wrote:
iavikefn wrote:
ronniebrown wrote:

I'm not saying that you are stupid. I was answering the question that you asked.

I know but it really didn't give an answer. You do see what I am saying though just start pitching him on a 6 days rest and he could be more rested and you are right as well those 5 CG and 4 SO were not the brightest move when you have a pitcher who can't win the second half.

~ Lork
iavikefn

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teams have to learn that they can't overwork all these young pitchers. They waste their arms by the time they are 25 or 26.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iavikefn wrote:
Teams have to learn that they can't overwork all these young pitchers. They waste their arms by the time they are 25 or 26.

It makes you wonder how guys like Satchel Paige who pitched all year round and into his 50's was able to do it and still be good.

~ Lork
iavikefn

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that Satchel Paige and all those older players were more complete pitchers, and were able to rely more on finesse and placement and movement more than speed. Just my opinion though.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iavikefn wrote:
I think that Satchel Paige and all those older players were more complete pitchers, and were able to rely more on finesse and placement and movement more than speed. Just my opinion though.

Yeah but still imagine any one even making it to 47 let alone 50 still being good.

~ Lork
NateDawg

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

instead of pitching dontrelle 8 innings or complete games early in the year, the Marlins need to just pitch him 6 innings when the score isn't marginal. that right there will help a little bit with his stamina.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baseball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: