Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bills Linebacker Keith Ellison Out Indefinitely

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eagles $5$

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:05 pm    Post subject: Bills Linebacker Keith Ellison Out Indefinitely Reply with quote

Bills starting LB, Keith Ellison will be out with an sprained ankle in the season opener against Denver next Sunday.

Quote:
Bills linebacker Keith Ellison is out indefinitely with a sprained ankle, and Coy Wire will replace him when Buffalo opens the season against Denver next Sunday.

Quote:
Ellison was injured in the second quarter of Buffalo's preseason finale, a 16-13 win at Detroit on Thursday. He did not attend practice on Sunday, but was spotted walking on crutches and wearing a protective boot on his right foot in the locker room afterward.

This is going to hurt the Bills defense alot, I hope Ellison can come back in week 2.

TommyC376 on the Sig
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This might be a good thing though. Poz will now have more of a chance to shine in his absence. Not only that, but let's be honest, the Bills aren't a playoff team right now anyway. Therefore, the more their depth is tested, the better you know your football team. In the long run, I think this could be a positive thing for the Bills, even though injuries are hardly ever a good thing.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
Eagles $5$

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trust me, its never good to have one of your key defensive play out with a injury in the season opener, were you want to find out what your team is all about.

TommyC376 on the Sig
dtwizzy2k5

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryknowssd wrote:
This might be a good thing though. Poz will now have more of a chance to shine in his absence. Not only that, but let's be honest, the Bills aren't a playoff team right now anyway. Therefore, the more their depth is tested, the better you know your football team. In the long run, I think this could be a positive thing for the Bills, even though injuries are hardly ever a good thing.

I gotta say i completely disagree here. Losing Ellison is definetly a blow to the Bills defense, and i dont think theres really any positive spin on it. Ellison is the player that Bills fans point to when others say the Bills are going to hurt since they lost TKO/Fletcher. And now that Ellison is gone, too, get ready for a bad defense.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=4032056&sid=46043bada13909aa3b3823c562cb2514#4032056 CLICK THE LINK FOR MY LATEST MOCK DRAFT
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
xian3000

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just really looking forward to the rotation I'd been seeing between Ellison and Coy Wire. But having Wire possibley start isn't the worst thing in the world. He's an attacker, something we've sorely missed for a good deal of time in Buffalo.
Davey

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's bad. I'm expecting a good year for him in Buffalo.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess you guys have never heard of Coy Wire before or if you have you don't know what the Bills were up to with him at the end of last year.

Coy Wire is now playing LB for the Bills. They moved him there from SS at the end of the season last year and he started at WLB vs the Chargers due to injuries. He bulked up this year adding about 10 lbs of muscle. He is the same size as Ellison. They both go 6'0 - 230 lbs. Although I think Wire has a more compact and solid frame than Ellison.

I have been in doubt of what to really expect from Ellison this year after his play in the preseason. He missed a lot of tackles and ended up getting dragged another 3 or 4 yards after he made a hit. I think he can be good and better than his rookie year, but he is more of a coverage LB than a run stuffer. He was a safety his early years at Oregon St. He is undersized and gets eaten alive in the run game. He's just too small. If a lineman or TE gets a hold of him he has trouble getting off blocks. Thatís why he is playing the weak side in the 1st place. He will drop in coverage a very high percentage of the time.

Now that Coy Wire was moved to LB the Bills expect him to be able to back up all 3 LB spots if a starter goes down (Ellison, Posluszny, Crowell). I really don't think we lose anything with Coy Wire starting and some people thought he had a shot to start after the move to LB this year anyways. Wire also played LB in college at Stanford. They move to safety was the Bills doing 6 years ago when they drafted him. Now he is back to the position he played in college.

I'm excited to see what he (WIRE) can do now that he is starting, because he was laying the wood to guys all preseason. He was all over the field. He still may make some mistakes, but Ellison who is a young guy in only his 2nd year will two. This will be Coy Wire's 6th NFL season.

This isnít really a bad thing at all. And like someone else already said, it may turn out to be a good thing. I was actually excited when I heard the news, but I wasnít because of the injury to Ellison. Coy Wire is going to make some plays and surprise people. Just watch him play. You heard it hear first.
PackAttack04

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mkkost84 wrote:
I guess you guys have never heard of Coy Wire before or if you have you don't know what the Bills were up to with him at the end of last year.

Coy Wire is now playing LB for the Bills. They moved him there from SS at the end of the season last year and he started at WLB vs the Chargers due to injuries. He bulked up this year adding about 10 lbs of muscle. He is the same size as Ellison. They both go 6'0 - 230 lbs. Although I think Wire has a more compact and solid frame than Ellison.

I have been in doubt of what to really expect from Ellison this year after his play in the preseason. He missed a lot of tackles and ended up getting dragged another 3 or 4 yards after he made a hit. I think he can be good and better than his rookie year, but he is more of a coverage LB than a run stuffer. He was a safety his early years at Oregon St. He is undersized and gets eaten alive in the run game. He's just too small. If a lineman or TE gets a hold of him he has trouble getting off blocks. Thatís why he is playing the weak side in the 1st place. He will drop in coverage a very high percentage of the time.

Now that Coy Wire was moved to LB the Bills expect him to be able to back up all 3 LB spots if a starter goes down (Ellison, Posluszny, Crowell). I really don't think we lose anything with Coy Wire starting and some people thought he had a shot to start after the move to LB this year anyways. Wire also played LB in college at Stanford. They move to safety was the Bills doing 6 years ago when they drafted him. Now he is back to the position he played in college.

I'm excited to see what he (WIRE) can do now that he is starting, because he was laying the wood to guys all preseason. He was all over the field. He still may make some mistakes, but Ellison who is a young guy in only his 2nd year will two. This will be Coy Wire's 6th NFL season.

This isnít really a bad thing at all. And like someone else already said, it may turn out to be a good thing. I was actually excited when I heard the news, but I wasnít because of the injury to Ellison. Coy Wire is going to make some plays and surprise people. Just watch him play. You heard it hear first.

Ellison was listed as the starter. Its never good that a starter goes down. Even if the backup looks to be better, the fact is that the coaches named Ellison as the starter so hes obviously the better player
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackAttack04 wrote:
Ellison was listed as the starter. Its never good that a starter goes down. Even if the backup looks to be better, the fact is that the coaches named Ellison as the starter so hes obviously the better player

You mean like Damon Huard last year? Or how about Tom Brady? Tiki Barber? I could go on for days. You never know in the NFL. In this case, we're forced to wait it out. Only then will anyone be able to offer an educated opinion as to whether or not Ellison is a "huge loss".

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: