Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Humane Society has notes from Vick's notes-less speech?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
boston9089

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PACKRULE wrote:
Dingo18287 wrote:
Can't they just leave the guy alone? So what if he had notes, he wanted to remember what he wanted to say. Now they're trying to make money off them? Shame on you

I don't know why he couldn't still be sincere because he had this list?

I can understand why they can't just leave him alone as you put it. Mike Vick is not the issue here it's dog fighting. If people in general or the Humaine society just let it go, how long before it's happening again. They need to make a point.

As well if they can sell the notes and the proceeds go towards sheltered animals i'm all for it.

In fact I hope this stays in the public eye for awhile. Anyone whot thinks Vick has already been through enough or is just going to serve a little time and it's done needs to be on the other side. Maybe go out and own a pet for one. Or better yet go find out first hand what they do with the dogs after they lose a match or win but are hurt. Hanging, drowning it deserves strong punishment.

Since you only mention a "strong punishment" Im going off my gut for how long that will be, but do you really think a person should be sentenced harder for killing dogs (i know how it was done) than a person that killed a person? This whole situation with Vick is a joke. I know what he did was wrong but how come human killers never get this kind attention? I much rather see a dead dog than a dead human.

BTY, I have two dogs.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boston9089 wrote:
Since you only mention a "strong punishment" Im going off my gut for how long that will be, but do you really think a person should be sentenced harder for killing dogs (i know how it was done) than a person that killed a person? This whole situation with Vick is a joke. I know what he did was wrong but how come human killers never get this kind attention? I much rather see a dead dog than a dead human.

BTY, I have two dogs.

let's all not go down this route, please.

there's no need to discuss our justice system or comparative penalties for different crimes.

we're about football. thanks.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
earl02

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SO WHAT!!!!!!!

GW BUSH,COMMISH GOODELL,BILL O'REILLY,RUSH LIMBAUGH,AND SEN.CRAIG,CARL ROVE,- CHENEY,SEC.RICE,ALL OF THESE PEOPLE READ FROM NOTES AND HAVE THE WHOLE SPEECH TYPED UP FOR THEM AND WRITTEN BY OTHERS..SO WHAT IF HE HAS SOME REMINDERS WRITTEN..

THIS IS MAKING ME LIKE THE HUMANE SOCIETY AND PETA A LOT LESS AND MAKING ME WANT TO SEE VICK DO LITTLE OR NO TIME AT ALL..

THIS MAN WILL BE BACK..THIS IS NOT ABOUT OJ PEOPLE,GET OVER IT!!!
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

earl02 wrote:

THIS MAN WILL BE BACK..THIS IS NOT ABOUT OJ PEOPLE,GET OVER IT!!!

The first part, im confused. you obviously must mean that he will be back to FOOTBALL, as in arena or something, b/c its highly unlikely that an nfl team will pick him up.....Rolling Eyes

As for the second part, it seems to me as if someone is trying to stray down a path that we shouldn't talk about on this forum.....

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

earl02 wrote:
THIS IS MAKING ME LIKE THE HUMANE SOCIETY AND PETA A LOT LESS AND MAKING ME WANT TO SEE VICK DO LITTLE OR NO TIME AT ALL..

earl...

we have asked members repeatedly not to mention PETA in our discussions of Vick as they have absolutely nothing to do with what we discuss in our forums.

we expect you to follow our guidelines too.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
xtremeskinssuck

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

therealdeal wrote:

Can they convict him more on this? No, so whats the point...
Great post, but one small point. They CAN convict him more on this. He has not faced any state charges, only federal, and the opinion was if he didn't accept a plea deal they were going to move forward and add a bunch of state charges.
spush

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: