Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Colts fan asking about Cory Simon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andersong0857

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:16 pm    Post subject: Colts fan asking about Cory Simon Reply with quote

Hey I am a big Colts fan and I was hoping that you guys would say a little more better things about Cory Simon's loss. All I here is who cares if he is gone. I dont know too much about him but you dont make the Pro Bowl on pure luck.

Anyway from one friendly team to another could you give me a little more incite on maybe him and his strengh or weaknesses as a player since Im sure as Eagle fans you would know. Any info on him would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
goose85

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is a strong pass rusher but struggles against the run. Hes been knocked for being lazy and not playing to his potential.
Iggles

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon can certainly pressure a QB. He's very much like Freeney, except without the motor, and he's a DT, not a DE.
ok go26

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Simon is an accomplished pass rusher although our run D up the middle was not too good when he played there, and I seem to remember teams like the Browns running all over us before we put in Trotter, and possibly more importantly, started cycling in Hollis Thomas and Sam Rayburn to play alongside Simon or Darwin Walker and give us more run support. So It won't do much for your run D, but Freeney and Simon should be an excellent pass rushing combination, allowing you to just rush your front four and still get pressure on the QB and probably some sacks as well.

As far as us not caring that he's gone... well, I mean we really don't, we have some very good DTs remaining on our team from last year, and we drafted Mike Patterson in the first round as Simon's replacement, so we shouldn't be any worse off in the DT department as we were with Simon on our team.

Oh, and either way, don't get your hopes down because we're saying we don't care about Simon leaving... remember, we said the same thing about T.O. Wink .

"If you've got it, flaunt it. If you don't, flaunt statistics."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: