Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Eagles find their power back

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PhillyEaglesIn06

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:25 pm    Post subject: Eagles find their power back Reply with quote

just heard on WIP that The Eagles signed Lamar Gordon who was released by the dolphins.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully, the eagles will not cut Bruce Perry to facilitate the Gordon signing. I would rather let go of Mahe, because, even though he is a very good special teams player, he is not an adequate RB. I mean at BYU, he was a 5-10 WR who ran a 4.78 so he switched to RB. Perry is a much more natural RB and I think it would be wise to keep him over Mahe.
aafroe

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, they did cut Perry. Bad decision...
Phreak

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aafroe wrote:
Damn, they did cut Perry. Bad decision...

I agree with you, they should not have cut Perry. He was an outstanding RB at Maryland, but then injuries ruined his chances of being a first day pick. He's had a great preseason and I don't understand why we wouldn't cut Mahe instead. And what a bad thing to do to the guy, one day after the happiest day of his life (he made the roster) he gets cut. Oh well, I'm pretty sure we'll see him on the practise squad.

Here is an article on the Lamar Gordon signing.
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/homeNewsDetail.jsp?id=34191

I've been telling everybody that if you just give me a chance to put the ball in my hands, I can get the job done. - Brian Westbrook
ThePeoplesChamp

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gordon ran a 4.35, 40 in draft workouts in '02, he still quick?
Iggles

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was a good backup in St. Louis, so he should be good here. Well, that's one more hole filled.
ok go26

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly I'm like pumped about this, not only did we get a power back (which i mean i wasn't even sure we were going to try to pick one up even though I really wanted us to get one) but we got IMO a really good one, and I mean not only is he a good rusher but I mean if you saw his stats with the Rams, he had as many receiving yards as rushing yards which is awesome especially in our offense. I think this man is not only going to be good but he's going to make our old friend Bucky totally obsolete, considering both his age and how well he fits our offense. Either way though, i mean we could even see a two- or three-headed monster this season, depending on how much PT Moats gets. Which would be pretty sweet. I still can't stress enough how awesome this signing was.

"If you've got it, flaunt it. If you don't, flaunt statistics."
PhillyFan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you guys think about it, its understandable that they cut perry.

we have the running and receiving game out of westbrook and moats so we basically have all the running we need......even though i personally dont feel like mahe does that much for our team, he is a guy who can return some kicks for us in case the likes of dexter wynn goes down and we need someone to fill that void.

Perry would of probably not even got onto the field with westbrook and moats taking practically all the carries so it would probably be best for him if he can go to another team and try and battle for some playing time because i like the kid and i want him to get a shot and i dont think his chance is in Philly.
ok go26

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very well said man, although personally I'd rather see Perry on our practice squad (wasn't he there last year?) than deep in the depth chart of another team... but yeah especially with Gordon there too, our running game is going to be very deep, you're not going to see Mahe in any games, but I mean he ranks pretty high on our special teams squad and Perry doesn't, and from that perspective, it seems like a no-brainer for the Eagles staff.

L.J smith#82

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iggles wrote:
He was a good backup in St. Louis, so he should be good here. Well, that's one more hole filled.

yer the more depth the better
ok go26

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

L.J smith#82 wrote:
Iggles wrote:

yer the more depth the better

Yeah, still, I'm hoping he ends up more then depth. Either way it's a great pickup.

Phreak

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with okgo on this one, I think it's a great pick up. Westbrook and Moats will soften up the defense threw the first 3 quarters, then Gordon will come in in the 4th and knock them silly, much like the Atlanta Falcons run game (Dunn and Duckett). This also adds great size to our incredibly small RB core, Gordon will take a load of McNabb this year.

I've been telling everybody that if you just give me a chance to put the ball in my hands, I can get the job done. - Brian Westbrook
aafroe

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Duckett comparison is a little bit of a stretch, but I like the optimism.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: