Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

McNabb out

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Will McNabb...
Sit out the 49ers game
41%
 41%  [ 5 ]
Play hurt in the 49ers game
41%
 41%  [ 5 ]
Recover fully before the 49ers game and play
16%
 16%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 12

ok go26

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:09 pm    Post subject: McNabb out Reply with quote

berge31 wrote:
Chest contusion for McNabb, listed as week-to-week....probably explains why he didn't run, why they kept Westbrook in the backfield a little more, and why a lot of his passes kinda fluttered....he couldn't follow through very well

...so what happens to the Eagles without McNabb, or will he play hurt, or will he recover before the next game? I think the best bet is that he plays injured as our backups, though good, are pretty steep drop-offs from McNabb... but how does this affect our play?

"If you've got it, flaunt it. If you don't, flaunt statistics."
crakburn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that you sit McNabb for the game. I agree that the back ups are a steep drop from McNabb but very few people are not.

If you start him and lose him to injury the team is in trouble. If you don't start him and lose the game so what. You're 0-2 and all Philadelphia needs to do is make the playoffs and they'll be fine.
Phreak

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He'll play hurt against San Fransisco and he'll have a solid game. This looks to be a nagging injury and will last for longer than a couple days, but McNabb is tough and will play threw it, he'll be fine. I think we are going to see alot more runs from Gordon and Moats and alot of screen passes this week. We'll hardly stretch the defense and when we do, it will be a 70 yard TD pass to Owens. I say we have a max of 3 plays where we take a shot downfield, and one of them is bound to beat the very bad San Fran secondary. We're going to have to get the run game going in order to get McNabb loose and have a good game.

I've been telling everybody that if you just give me a chance to put the ball in my hands, I can get the job done. - Brian Westbrook
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think we need McNabb to beat the 49ers. Just give him the week off and start McMahon.
ok go26

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, he's officially playing...

"If you've got it, flaunt it. If you don't, flaunt statistics."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: