Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ryan Moats

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PhillyEaglesIn06

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:40 pm    Post subject: Ryan Moats Reply with quote

the man was an absolute beast in pre-season, he had the best pre season of any rookie running back including all of the first rounders. than come monday night he was in active and i dont see him listed on any injury reports norhave i heard an explanation for him not playing. I know reid is reluctant to play rookies but even he has to see Ryan for the stud that he is. am i wrong?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 12:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Ryan Moats Reply with quote

PhillyEaglesIn06 wrote:
the man was an absolute beast in pre-season, he had the best pre season of any rookie running back including all of the first rounders. than come monday night he was in active and i dont see him listed on any injury reports norhave i heard an explanation for him not playing. I know reid is reluctant to play rookies but even he has to see Ryan for the stud that he is. am i wrong?

No I agree, I was hoping to see more of him and gordon and i think running up the middle with one of them instead of westbrook would have helped us a lot.

"If you've got it, flaunt it. If you don't, flaunt statistics."
BoYz2tHeBoWl

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved watching him in high school and Is aw a bit of him in college, he is outstanding.

Dallas94Ware wrote:
Perhaps it's your assessment is the one that is a knock on your ability to assess a football game.
PhillyEaglesIn06

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 damn weeks in a row, hell it wud have been fun watching him play while our starters sat after blowing out the niners, its frustrating watching a player of this caliber on the sidelines in street clothes, damn andy reid and his stubborness

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only good I can see in this is that the Eaglers will most likely not let Westbrook walk after this season. I do not see Andy playing a player who has not played a full year, as Moats will have not if this is kept up. HTat being saud, I'd still rather see him out there than Reno.
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No you're not wrong. No clue why moats isn't activated.

Even if they want to resign westbrook they should atleast play moats a little, I mean what if Moats is better than westbrook there will be no point resigning westy in that scenario.
SIERK

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No clue why he isn't activated?

Westbrook
Gordon - #2 rusher because he's the only one over 220
Mahe - backup punt returner and a veteran

Moats - not particularly good at special teams. His blitz pickup skills are questionable. On offense, he'd get, what, 5 snaps per game?

Who, exactly, would you deactivate instead? Matt Ware? Jason Short? McCants? McMullen? With this offense, a 5th WR is going to be used more often than a 4th running back.
PhillyEaglesIn06

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SIERK wrote:
No clue why he isn't activated?

Westbrook
Gordon - #2 rusher because he's the only one over 220
Mahe - backup punt returner and a veteran

Moats - not particularly good at special teams. His blitz pickup skills are questionable. On offense, he'd get, what, 5 snaps per game?

Who, exactly, would you deactivate instead? Matt Ware? Jason Short? McCants? McMullen? With this offense, a 5th WR is going to be used more often than a 4th running back.

Well considerin that Reno Mahe has absolutely zero talent i would much prfer seeing him de-activated. Hell I'd rather see Bruce Perry on the 53 man roster than Reno Mahe, his only role is to run down the field on special teams and he isnt even spectacular at that, it's just that he's willign to do it bc he's got nothing else going for him. We're talking about a guy who waiters at Chicky and Petes in the off-season. And for the guys you listed, Jason Short is the only guy I would dress over Moats, McMullen is a bum, i hate to say it bc i was pulling for him this year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: